Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Change Notes - UPDATED 02.08.2013:
-Rooted NO REALLY, NOW IT IS ROOTED!
-Sorry, I broke "root" in "Release 3", this release, "3b" fixes that... Everything else is the same...
-Based on stock rom (1225)
-Remapped external physical rocker keys to be a volume rocker instead of "menu" and "back"
-App partition is 2 GB
-Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market
-Added Permission Files for improved market
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)
-Added SuperSu, gallery with picasa support, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Removed Root Explorer (was informed it was/is a paid app). ES File Explorer provides the same/better functionality.
-Left RockChip File Explorer program as it is simple/easy to use for those that just need the basics
-Changed Launcher to Jelly Bean one, should be smoother.
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Icons on the notification bar have been shrunk a bit, helps A LOT in portrait mode as it keeps everything from overlapping.
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying (based off Cyanogen sounds)
-Default Background should be changed

----------OTHER NOTES------------

-Annoying touch-sleep issue is still present (sorry, not sure how to fix this)
-Processor Frequency Max is set to 1.4 Ghz. I think this is the best speed for the RK3066 platform in a 7" unit. It runs games like "Wild Blood" darn near perfectly and performance feels snappy. This speed is "up" from the 1.2 Ghz ployer had it set to before.
-Front and rear cameras both work. in the 1217 release of firmware, ployer broke the rear camera. It is working fine now.
-The default homepage for "browser" is set to our site's custom google search. You can change this if you like, or help support free firmware releases from us by using it =).

---------GET THIS FIRMWARE NOW-------

NOW TWO PLACES TO GET IT...

FROM my NEW WEBSITE (oh so fancy...): http://www.rockchipfirmware.com --> firmware downloads --> Ployer --> Be sure to get it from the TNT Firmware section...

-OR-

FROM the TNT website SUPPORT section:
Official Release 3b Firmware now available! Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click, "Ployer Momo 7 Dual-Core TNT Release 3b Firmware Image" to download the firmware image.

Kind Regards,

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on my site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

Edited by Roman2025, 08 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

• ivanz, creative dude and CCAA like this
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 gino66

gino66

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

thank you for your work, I'll try this week

#3 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

thank you for your work, I'll try this week

Cheers and very welcome! Our first tablet pre-loaded with this is shipping tomorrow. :drinks:
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#4 Simi69

Simi69

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Thanks so much for your effort. I can't wait to try out your firmware! :-)

I bought this tablet from an amazon seller (in the uk) & it shipped with unmodified ployer firmware, which is somewhat less than spectacular :-/

I appreciate you going the extra mile for your customers, by making this firmware for them, and I'll be sure to direct anyone who expresses an interest in getting a momo of their own to your site.

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Thanks so much for your effort. I can't wait to try out your firmware! :-)

I bought this tablet from an amazon seller (in the uk) & it shipped with unmodified ployer firmware, which is somewhat less than spectacular :-/

I appreciate you going the extra mile for your customers, by making this firmware for them, and I'll be sure to direct anyone who expresses an interest in getting a momo of their own to your site.

-Ayn Rand

#6 PHATBOi

PHATBOi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thank you for your efforts! Looking for my first tab with a budget maxing out at $160, was planning on the ZT283-C93 but wasn't to happy about it not having a rear camera as well as no ips screen so I kept digging. Looked at the Ainol Crystal, but decided I wanted a RK3066 tab with a quad core GPU. Came across the MOMO7 and was still undecided due to the known issues, but your custom rom has made up my mind for me. Thank you. The touch-sleep issue seems like something that won't be to annoying once I'm use to it and for the features offered in this tablet definitely something I can live with. Would love to order from your site to show support, but as I said I have a max budget of $160 (made a deal with the wifey, lol) and you're slightly over that though not by much. I will be ordering else where and then flashing your rom myself. Just wanted to say thanks and lyk I appreciate your work. Like the fact you made the app partition 2 gigs!!

First Tab Coming Soon
Ployer MOMO7
(will be flashing TNT Release 3 FW)
7" 1024 x 600 HD IPS Display
CPU: RK3066, Cortex-A9 Dual-Core
GPU: Quad-Core Mali-400
1GB RAM DDR3 + 16GB NAND

#7 PHATBOi

PHATBOi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Quick question, does your rom address the charging issue others are complaining about?

First Tab Coming Soon
Ployer MOMO7
1GB RAM DDR3 + 16GB NAND

#8 Simi69

Simi69

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

So I flashed your firmware and it seems nice and stable so far. Haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it, but it got through an antutu benchmark run fine.

I can confirm I have the charging bug (or at least I did with the firmware this tablet shipped with). I'm just waiting for it to run down to <10% before I try charging it again to see if this firmware fixes it. I was aware of the charging bug going in, so I was careful not to let the tablet charge for too long. I had it plugged in for about 6hrs and it charged to about 90%. Then I turned it off and on and it claimed to be 99% charged, so I may have overcharged it a little :-/

Anyway, I'll see how it behaves during this next charge cycle and be sure not to leave it plugged in for more than 4-5hrs from now on to avoid overcharging the battery. As for the other commonly mentioned "double touch" bug. I can't say i've noticed to be honest.

Finally regarding your firmware, the physical volume controls work fine in any instance I've tried. The 2gb data partition is present and correct. Your market and build.prop mods both seem to be functioning perfectly, I haven't encountered any market or app install errors so far. I have noticed the following bugs, although they are pretty minor and may be unique to my device (won't know until someone else tries out your firmware and reports back).

- Two Gallery apps. Both fully functional only differing in size. I'm not sure if this is intentional as you've listed improved Gallery in your changelog.

- The equaliser app asks to be updated when opened, but there is no update available in the play store. You cannot bypass the update notification so it is effectively non-functional. I've simply disabled the app for the time being.

- Root access appears to be broken. SuperSU reports that "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!". Granting apps SU access puts them into a loop of constant SU access requests that can only be stopped by restarting the device.

Thats everything I've come across so far. Other than the above it seems to be working great :-)

#9 Simi69

Simi69

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Quick question, does your rom address the charging issue others are complaining about?

Just an update on my post above. I ran the battery down to 9% and charged from there. I left it charging for 4hrs exactly and it charged to 83% at which point I disconnected the charger and powered the tablet off and on. Battery still reads 83% charged! :-)

Hopefully this means the charging bug is fixed and the battery will charge normally from now on. I'm still reluctant to leave it plugged into the charger for more than 4-5hrs incase of overcharge. I will also try charging with the tablet powered down at some stage.
  • PHATBOi and like this

#10 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Change Notes:
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)

Does this mean that Gameloft games will run on JB firmware? Asphalt 7 was working on my N80 with ICS but not with JB. With JB, it has a non-stop loop at the license check.

PS, your list of firmware changes & mods look really great!!!

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#11 bigdog1

bigdog1

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was very happy to upgrade to your ROM because 1) I really love and appreciate your work. 2) Really loving my tab and want to keep it updated. I am however have a problem with this version. ROOT ACCESS is broken. Was trying to restore all my apps via TiB but now tab says no root. Your change log says that the ROM is rooted. I thought I was the only one but I noticed that another post above is having the same problem. Please look into this for us. for now going back to an older ROM, while I wait for your fix.

#12 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

hi Roman, can you provide old firmware, as this firmware has root problem :-( thanks

#13 Shooey

Shooey

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Installed the new firmware, powered on tablet. All I can see is a little logo in the centre of the screen (says player). Been like that for 20+ minutes. Looks like a bad flash or bad image?

Any advice?

#14 PHATBOi

PHATBOi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

IDK, this guy Roman seemed to have gone poof...

First Tab Coming Soon
Ployer MOMO7
1GB RAM DDR3 + 16GB NAND

#15 Doogi34

Doogi34

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Do you have test this firmware ???

Momo7IPS_Jellybean_by_Jaytee_121229.zip

http://www.ichiban.kr/jaytee/bw/

#16 Shooey

Shooey

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Do you have test this firmware ???

Momo7IPS_Jellybean_by_Jaytee_121229.zip

http://www.ichiban.kr/jaytee/bw/

If you asking 'have you tried this firmware' then no I have not, but I will try it right now.

#17 Doogi34

Doogi34

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

If you asking 'have you tried this firmware' then no I have not, but I will try it right now.

super

I await your comments
before using it on my momo7

#18 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

IDK, this guy Roman seemed to have gone poof...

According to his website:

I will be out of the country during the month of January. I have much preparation work to do before then. All new orders as of this Monday have been put on hold until my return in February.

So not so much that Roman went "poof", more likely he went on a vacation ;)

sir Jaxxy

#19 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

I believe it can be rooted with zhuodashi tool even if su binary missing.
www.ulozto.net/xKzYng2/zhuodashi-2-2-11-setup-exe
Im not sure though

#20 swedish cook

swedish cook

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I don't wish to be rude but there doesn't seem to be a "touch sleep" issue with the original firmware that came with my sons momo7 ips - how far are we away from a version that has working touch screen ?