Ramos W30HD - Exynos4412 - Information - Discussion - Reviews

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I drained my battery and just charged it so it could boot, then I tried, but same result, I hear it when it boot but no pictures. login on your tablet (I only wipe with my fingers) then press and hold power + volume down and you'll hear a clicking sound.

The pictures are located in pictures->screenshots on the internal sdcard.
Connect it to your PC and check your pictures.

I have sent a mail to clara@ramos.com.cn yesterday, I also send a mail to ramos-tablet (the webshop I bought it in)
Have you flashed your tablet, mine was delivered with this firmware it was shipped 31/12.
There's a hugh forum in chinese www.ramosfans.com and I think they describe our problem, the thing is, how can I upgrade it when I can't see anything?

What I also noticed is that all H/W acceleration is turned of, no idea why, maybe heating problem. I loved this tablet, and I hope its just a firmware problem I can fix at home.

I'm trying to flash the "original" firmware. I will talk to you later.
I'm going to extract the firmware to an external micro sd card and then put it in the tablet. With the power and the "+" button you get into the "download mode". From this point it works on its own. It will take about 4 - 6 min.

I hope it works, wish me luck xD

#42 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Bad news, it doesn't work. Now I have no ideas what to do. <_<

#43 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Mine was with extra apps and videos than original firmware and was fully charged when I opened it.. Thought it was "tested" by the seller before send but they didn't realized the problem.
I've reinstalled the original firmware and nothing, the problem still remains.
I'm still waiting for a response from ramos-sales, ASAP I know anything I will post it here.. I think they don't work at saturday-sunday so tomorrow they may answer.

I don't think I would get a new one, and the brigthness is acceptable in comparison with a screen dead..
I've installed a Market brigth adjuster and it works fine sometimes So I will survive..

The other problem is the "lag", I've compare my tablet with my girlfriend galaxy tab (2x 1ghz) and her tablet goes faster scrolling on desktop or app draw.
I can play games without any problem, and it gets 15000 in antutu benchmark while the galaxy tab just reach 5500..
So I hope with a new firmware my tablet optimizes a bit..

#44 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yeah hate to say it but sounds like all of you may have gotten defective Tablets from the Factory guess sadly I'm the lucky one of the few. I've tried countless things to try to get the boot.img and system.img to dump using ADB and Terminal Emulator but to no avail. I did notice on Ramos-Fans there is a custom Firmware for the W30 non HD soooooooo for fun I'll take the plunge and try it out and get back to you guys.

#45 Gymir

Gymir

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

If I can navigate on the desktop and take snapshots, then panel is not defective in my eyes, but I am not an expert, so is the screen defective or is it a faulty firmware?

#46 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

You can still take snapshots even with the panel not working because Android is just taking a picture of the video it is outputting even if it's not being displayed on anything. It can be anything really it could be a bad connection to the panel itself, it could be the panel itself, it could be the firmware somehow not telling the tablet to wake the screen up, etc, etc I wouldn't know without having the tablet in my hands to try a few tricks I know from previous tablets to get the answer.

#47 lazik

lazik

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Yeah hate to say it but sounds like all of you may have gotten defective Tablets from the Factory guess sadly I'm the lucky one of the few. I've tried countless things to try to get the boot.img and system.img to dump using ADB and Terminal Emulator but to no avail. I did notice on Ramos-Fans there is a custom Firmware for the W30 non HD soooooooo for fun I'll take the plunge and try it out and get back to you guys.

Hw decoding bug is confirmed from ramos service. So it's firmware related not hardware. We should wait for firmware update. Or clever kernel and romantic developer that for sure give this tablet boost.

Wysłane z Ramos W30HD za pomocą Tapatalk2

#48 Gymir

Gymir

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

You can still take snapshots even with the panel not working because Android is just taking a picture of the video it is outputting even if it's not being displayed on anything. It can be anything really it could be a bad connection to the panel itself, it could be the panel itself, it could be the firmware somehow not telling the tablet to wake the screen up, etc, etc I wouldn't know without having the tablet in my hands to try a few tricks I know from previous tablets to get the answer.

Is the touch sensor or what its called build into the screen or is it a part of the screen, I can press the icons and go into the menu and start games, but I don't see anything...

#49 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

It's a layer right under the glass but above the LCD Display and doesn't directly have anything to do with the LCD display.

#50 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Tried a "trick" to do while their are preparing a new firmare.
Consists in reproduce streaming videos in a static reproductor introducing URL but in the most programs i've tried (VLC, MX, Mobo..) fails.

:(

Hope ur problem ppl can be fixed!

#51 jnyfx

jnyfx

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I have had this tablet for some days. I have the same trouble with videos, black screen with sound.
Gmail force closed also at first, then I uninstalled and installed a version from xda-developers. Just google gmail apk. Works fine with it.

A fine tablet, at least if they fix the video problem. Hope to see a custom rom JB soon.

Btw, A day later I started using this tablet, someone tried to login in to my google account from China. I wonder how they got my account password...

#52 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I can confirm at least on my Tablet when I un-installed the Google Play Gmail and used this Gmail APK, Gmail started up without any problems. And that is strange/scary that someone in China tried logging into your account.

*Edit* Or if you feeling really brave/talented you can download 4.2's Gmail APK here but according to the post I got it from on XDA it's a different key than the Google Play one so you would have to manually update it whenever the proper 4.2 APK comes out as this is a leak. I installed it no problems and works but I don't use Gmail so it'll be coming off my tablet sooner or later.

Edited by Rawberrie, 06 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#53 Gymir

Gymir

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

I couldn't use Gmail either, it forced closed everytime until I synced it in the menu, then it worked.

#54 excelter

excelter

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

i just received my wd30hd

but it won't start

anyone has a suggestion what should i do

thanks

#55 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I would start by giving it good charge as I think someone else said that their's arrived with a totally flat battery.
You could charge it for an hour or so and then see if it starts up just to satisfy yourself that it's not faulty.
If you can resist the temptation to use it you should then really charge it for a few hours or overnight.

Hope this helps.
Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#56 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

i just received my wd30hd
but it won't start
anyone has a suggestion what should i do

thanks

Hello, do you hear the "startup sound"?
You can't see anything?
Press the reset button for about 4 seconds and then start it again and listen if you hear the sound, maybe you have the same problem like me.

#57 excelter

excelter

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hello, do you hear the "startup sound"?
You can't see anything?
Press the reset button for about 4 seconds and then start it again and listen if you hear the sound, maybe you have the same problem like me.

yes, I hear the 'startup sound'
but the screen still blank
I connected my tablet to my pc via usb cable and my computer recognize it as a portable device and I can access the internal storage.

I read on another forum, they have same problem like us
and still no solution

#58 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

yes, I hear the 'startup sound'
but the screen still blank
I connected my tablet to my pc via usb cable and my computer recognize it as a portable device and I can access the internal storage.

I read on another forum, they have same problem like us
and still no solution

That sucks, really. I tried a lot but nothing helped.
In which forum did you read it?

Andi

#59 excelter

excelter

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

That sucks, really. I tried a lot but nothing helped.
In which forum did you read it?

Andi

i found it here :
http://tabletrepubli...sound-3472.html

have you already try to open the tablet,
some say about connection to screen had a problem

let me know if you found some solution

#60 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

i found it here :
http://tabletrepubli...sound-3472.html

have you already try to open the tablet,
some say about connection to screen had a problem

let me know if you found some solution

No I don't try to open the tablet, because I don't want to loose the warranty.
I do, if you find a solution tell me too ;)

Andi