• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi,
I received my ramos W30HD yesterday.. I think im the only one who get the broken one :(
Mine is not that fast as I've seen in videos. It lags at screen change and I've a worse problem.
I can't change the brightness, I change it on screen options but nothing happens. Sometimes it suddenly starts to blink while Im using it..
Already told to Ramos support service, but has someone the same problem? :( hope it could be fixed on firmware update.

Sorry for my english, I'm from Spain

#22 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I found this firmware publicated today:
http://www.ramos.com...ion=view&id=372
Don't know what errors does it fix, is not mentioned.. Or just it's the initial firmware.
I will try to install it, but no idea of chinese.. Anyone can tranlaste it? Thanks

#23 MeXx

MeXx

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I found this firmware publicated today:
http://www.ramos.com...ion=view&id=372
Don't know what errors does it fix, is not mentioned.. Or just it's the initial firmware.
I will try to install it, but no idea of chinese.. Anyone can tranlaste it? Thanks

try the google translator to english, works quite well. I tried it yesterday, no changes. Its the initial Firmware.

#24 stormbr

stormbr

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hopefully, soon there will be more custom firmware coming out for the W30HD. Has someone, figured out how to root the device yet.

I wait that Ramos (and samsung) release the source code for this device/hardware.

The w30hd and w30 will be updated for the JB (stock firmware) ?

#25 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

You can read my review here for it. And to answer a few questions it DOES NOT have HDMI and my MHL adapter for my phone also did not work, Ramos does know about video acceleration not working atm but no clue on an ETA for a fix and I have tried 2 different Note 10.1 Roms and 1 Note 2 Rom but none would boot so I had to go back to my Nandroid backup.

Edited by Rawberrie, 05 January 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#26 stormbr

stormbr

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

14000 points on antutu, not bad.

Waiting by your opinion about battery life and good luck with your custom rom.

#27 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Yeah I'm not too much of a ROM Cooker but I'll tinker to see if I can get any of the Note Roms to boot because I think it would be cool to have Multi-Window and even though some people hate it I actually like TouchWiz. And so far over halfway into the 1st proper battery test with 95% CPU usage and 50% brightness it's looking like it will conk out a little bit before 5 hours but I'll run it multiple times to get an average.

#28 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well ppl, sorry if im insisting but it's a problem to me..

You can change de brigthness in the menu without any trouble?
That problem is just mine? :(

Don't know if you read my post, but I only need to know that you don't have the problem.

I cant restore the initial firmware, the .vhd file has an error to me :(
Anyone could do it?

Thanks
----

Found how to root the device. Not tried yet:
http://www.ramosfans...-42030-1-1.html

the file, if you don't want to register is here:
http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/CMTTWKFAXFXJ

Edited by lionheartilly, 05 January 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#29 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Unfortunaley lionheartilly I haven't had your problem you are describing. If you wait a few days I can try to compile the stock rom into a Zip that you can flash using CWM to try to solve your issue or that Firmware you posted from the Chinese Site will set up a MicroSD card to revert back to stock. Use Google Translate and follow the instructions here. It will re-flash the stock system image onto your device.

#30 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well, the problem started at the first time I took the tablet so I don't know if it will be solved with firmware restore. I've already told it to ramos support and I'm waiting for a response.

Anyway I was all the day trying to set up a MICROSD to re-flash my tablet but the image (VHD) that provides the website doesn't work for me :S. It is corrupted or something.
I've done a set up with another VHD (from W22) and it worked fine..

If anyone can compile a ROM into a file I would be very thankful to him.
If it's not possible to restore and it's not solution from them, I wouldn't got more choice than wait for a new oficial firmware (didn't find any ROM on the web)

---

EDIT:

Root went fine on me :) desintaled some APPs that I didn't need.
I cant use GMAIL, everytime I open it, the OS launchs an error. ¿Only me too?

Edited by lionheartilly, 05 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#31 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Haven't tried Gmail so I'll have to get back to you on that but mine worked sort of out of the box. It was dead but after charging I haven't really had an issue cept with video playback. I wrote up my own guide to root for The Ramos W30HD also on my Blog here.

Edit: Yeah Gmail Force Closes on me too but the built in Email app works just fine for me though. Must be missing the gapps library or something I'll try re-flashing a gapps zip with CWM later tonight.

Edited by Rawberrie, 05 January 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#32 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I cant use GMAIL, everytime I open it, the OS launchs an error. ¿Only me too?

GMAIL doesn't work here, too. Respectively my whole tablet doesn't work at the time, when I turn it on, I can hear the "startup sound" only. I can't see anything. I tried to push the reset button, but nothing happens.

Grets

#33 Rawberrie

Rawberrie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I tried flashing 4 different Ice Cream Sandwich gapps to no avail with Gmail. I sent yet another email to Ramos about that and Video Decoding.

#34 MeXx

MeXx

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thats very strange. I am using the Gmail app from the Google store and it's working nicely. Maybe deinstall the app, run a email sync in your Google account and install Gmail again.

#35 lazik

lazik

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I can also confirm problems with Gmail app.

Wysłane z Ramos W30HD za pomocą Tapatalk2

#36 Gymir

Gymir

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

My brad new Ramos W30HD which I got 3/1 was working 1 day, now the screen "died" I can still take snapshots on the desktop and navigate, and connect it to my pc so I can view the pics I took.

I can hear the sound at the time my tablet boots but there should also be a slashpic with ramos-logo but the screen is dead..

What can be wrong?

#37 lionheartilly

lionheartilly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Im thinking I will have to send it back to china and pay the taxes again for a new one.. G8 , last time I buy a tablet from china xD.
My problem is from HW, probems with retroillumination circuit maybe..
:(

#38 AlienUFO

AlienUFO

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Im thinking I will have to send it back to china and pay the taxes again for a new one.. G8 , last time I buy a tablet from china xD.
My problem is from HW, probems with retroillumination circuit maybe..
:(

Next time, when you buy a chinese tab, try and buy it from a supplier that tests it beforehand. There are a few suppliers that does this, I think merimobiles and spemall do this.

Good luck with your tablet. Let us know what the outcome is. Have you received any response from Ramos?

#39 andi91

andi91

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

My brad new Ramos W30HD which I got 3/1 was working 1 day, now the screen "died" I can still take snapshots on the desktop and navigate, and connect it to my pc so I can view the pics I took.

I can hear the sound at the time my tablet boots but there should also be a slashpic with ramos-logo but the screen is dead..

What can be wrong?

Hey Gymir, I have the same problem, I can hear the sound but can't see anything.
I wait for the time that the battery is fully discharged, maybe that works.
Otherwise I try to flash the firmware again.

How can you make snapshopts?

Please contact Ramos and describe your problem, too.
Here you have the email: clara@ramos.com.cn

Edited by andi91, 06 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#40 Gymir

Gymir

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hey Gymir, I have the same problem, I can hear the sound but can't see anything.
I wait for the time that the battery is fully discharged, maybe that works.
Otherwise I try to flash the firmware again.

How can you make snapshopts?

Please contact Ramos and describe your problem, too.
Here you have the email: clara@ramos.com.cn

I drained my battery and just charged it so it could boot, then I tried, but same result, I hear it when it boot but no pictures. login on your tablet (I only wipe with my fingers) then press and hold power + volume down and you'll hear a clicking sound.

The pictures are located in pictures->screenshots on the internal sdcard.
Connect it to your PC and check your pictures.

I have sent a mail to clara@ramos.com.cn yesterday, I also send a mail to ramos-tablet (the webshop I bought it in)
Have you flashed your tablet, mine was delivered with this firmware it was shipped 31/12.
There's a hugh forum in chinese www.ramosfans.com and I think they describe our problem, the thing is, how can I upgrade it when I can't see anything?

What I also noticed is that all H/W acceleration is turned of, no idea why, maybe heating problem. I loved this tablet, and I hope its just a firmware problem I can fix at home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users