Aoson M30

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gzapo

gzapo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi I have an Aoson M30 w/ 4.1.1 JB working very well less the Wifi. The signal is too poor and drop any time. I don´t know if it´s a hardware problem or JB issue. thanks for any help.

Edited by gzapo, 28 December 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#2 Azeliasan

Azeliasan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hi,
I'm sorry I don't know if it exist a solution,
but I'm interested by this tablet for myself.
can you tell me if it's a good device? (good built quality...)
wifi is so bad?

Thank you for your reply,
Cheers,
Florence

#3 gzapo

gzapo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

HI Florence

The quality is good for me.
But some little things that surprised me, no bluetooh (the website says it has) and one speaker is distorting.
The wifi is a big problem for me, no more than 15 feets it drops the connection.
I recommend to you find more information about M30 before deciding for it.
Regards
German

#4 Ivanobich

Ivanobich

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi I have an Aoson M30 w/ 4.1.1 JB working very well less the Wifi. The signal is too poor and drop any time. I don´t know if it´s a hardware problem or JB issue. thanks for any help.

Hi,

I have two of them and the wifi coverarage is an issue as with most of the chinese tablets. It is not related to JB.

This tablet has wifi through a separated wifi module with the Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset. The main issue is that the antena is printed on the board of the module with a low gain.

You can either include an external antena (have to open the device) or connect through the external USB a microwifi dongle with teh same chipset (I have the one from TP-LINK TL-WN725N) and the coverage improves a lot.

In the following Russian forum you have good pictures of the inside of the device (third post "Photo disassembly")

http://translate.goo...Q#entry17312866

Florence, the only issue I see with the tablet is the wifi coverage. In terms of quality, after dismounting it I like how it is built and it is of beter quality than the previous one M11 and I see they release new software often in their web.

I bougth it in China so, depending on the price that you can get it it is worth considering it compared wiht othe ones taking into account the screen resolution, memory, quality of the outside, included pen an cover, etc..

Cheers,

#5 Azeliasan

Azeliasan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hi,
I thank you twoo for your replies,
I've ordered the aoson m30 on aliexpress because the characteristics of tablet seems quite better than the M11

I've ask the seller to try the wifi before shipping and he saids that work well.
I've also ordered a folio case and a 3g usb external modem (dongle Huawei E1750)

The seller gave me a good price (290 USD for all: tablet dongle and case)
I hope the product will be good.

bluetooth is not necessary in my case thus I think the tablet will be adapted to my needs
(the most important point is a very long battery life)

Have a good Evening,
Cheers

#6 johnnyblades

johnnyblades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

HI Florence

The quality is good for me.
But some little things that surprised me, no bluetooh (the website says it has) and one speaker is distorting.
The wifi is a big problem for me, no more than 15 feets it drops the connection.
I recommend to you find more information about M30 before deciding for it.
Regards
German

thanks for the info. sounds like a couple serious quality issues to me. a distorting speaker on a new tablet would be automatic return for me. and 15 foot range on wifi makes it practically worthless as a tablet. i have a couple HP Touchpads and a Toshiba Thrive and can roam the whole house which is 2 stories and about 70 ft long, even use it outside. Guess I'll wait a bit longer to try out these newer china tabs. I excited to give them a try but less than stellar battery life and weak wifi seems to be too common at this point. Quality does seem to be improving quickly though

#7 gzapo

gzapo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

I have two of them and the wifi coverarage is an issue as with most of the chinese tablets. It is not related to JB.

This tablet has wifi through a separated wifi module with the Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset. The main issue is that the antena is printed on the board of the module with a low gain.

You can either include an external antena (have to open the device) or connect through the external USB a microwifi dongle with teh same chipset (I have the one from TP-LINK TL-WN725N) and the coverage improves a lot.

In the following Russian forum you have good pictures of the inside of the device (third post "Photo disassembly")

Florence, the only issue I see with the tablet is the wifi coverage. In terms of quality, after dismounting it I like how it is built and it is of beter quality than the previous one M11 and I see they release new software often in their web.

I bougth it in China so, depending on the price that you can get it it is worth considering it compared wiht othe ones taking into account the screen resolution, memory, quality of the outside, included pen an cover, etc..

Cheers,

Thanks Ivanobich !!
I will try to improve the antena´s gain opening the tablet.
Cheers,

#8 scarytas

scarytas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Hi,
I have the same wifi dongle but can't work out what to do to make it go.

I plug it into the OTG cable but nothing...

Can you give me a clue/....

Thanks
I wish I knew what I was doing

#9 gzapo

gzapo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Hi scarytas

I need to improve WIFI signal too, is your usb-wifi working?
thanks
German

#10 akhil_bbsr

akhil_bbsr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

thnx for ur nice post

#11 Ivanobich

Ivanobich

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

Thanks

In order to work you need to ensure two things:
1) the wifi dongle has the same RTL chipset (the tablet has only drivers for that wifi device)
2) you have desconected the original dongle, so when connecting the new one the tablet knows which usb to map the drivers.

Also, the original OTG cable gave me some problems and some times it was not working.

Regards,

#12 Niloufar

Niloufar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

HELP! :nea:
I have Aoson M31 tablet
I think stock recovery bricked when I was trying to install CWM-Recovery
now I cant factory reset my tablet :(
it has very low performance

#13 harpdoc

harpdoc

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I got my M30Q (like the M33 but with bluetooth) yesterday. Came with 4.2.2 installed. It worked fine, even though it did not always recognize touches and lagged at times. I briefly charged it to get through the evening, then left it overnight to charge.

This morning the tablet will not turn on. The pin-hole reset has no effect--it simply is dead. When the charger is plugged in, the green light goes on, but otherwise the tablet will not turn on.

Can anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users