• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rob2005

Rob2005

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

This is about the Magicjack App .
I searched this forum.. and the web.. but didn't really see any comments so I post here.

Well.. Magicjack works with the Flame tablet !!! Sounds was pretty good call went right through.
I have a Magicjack phone (actually three of them)... you can only use one phone number at a time.
I activated one phone number.. but actually wanted the other. I had to uninstall/install the app to
re-register the other phone number.

The only real complaint about the app is that it drains the battery.. and there is not a simple
"quite" to stop the app.
But it is easily stopped .... I just force stop it in "Settings" ---> Applications --> Running list.
Which is no big deal. I haven't tried to stop it by using the "Quite All Tasks" widget.. but I guess that
would do it too.

Hope this helps someone with the question "Does Magicjack work with a tablet ?"
This tablet is using Ice Cream Sandwich and the firmware is 20120918.tm Feiyu #11 .

Regards.
R.

Added this note:

Just wanted to add an additional note:

Unfortunately the app will load on startup... even after you force stop it.
Doesn't appear to load after sleep after you force stop.

If you move the app to your SD card, this will stop it from loading on full startup.

You can then launch the app when ever you need it... force stop to save battery life.
And it won't launch from cold startup.

Edited by Rob2005, 30 December 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#2 Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanks For The Info (wish I can say the same for my Huawei G500 phone)!!!

#3 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Using a tool like Android Assistant, it should be possible to suppress start on boot even without moving the app to SD...
(IMHO, if the app doesn't allow to be configured not to start, and has no built-in means to end it, it's broken. File a bug against it, perhaps the JackWizards will fix it.)