• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#481 curt54

curt54

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

I need a little information and I thought that someone here would have the answers.

1. What is the difference between the "w2" and the "au" on the roms. Does the Momo20 have 2 different versions? And that leads me to the next question.

2. What touchscreen driver does the "au" and the "w2" use?

Hopefully, if everything works out, you'll be helping all the Momo20 users. ;)

If you want to install CM, Omni or any other zip based Android OS, start with my ROMs here.

They include:

1. Larger data partitions, 2, 2.5 & 3gb - so you have plenty of space for your apps.

2. CT's TWRP - no need to install

3. Buttons mod - so you can boot directly into TWRP - To do this: hold down "home" then "power" for 3 to 5 seconds, then release both! (Make sure you unplug the charger and USB first!, If you're not sure the tablet off, hold down "power" for 10 seconds)

4. Backlight mod - Get full max and minimum on the backlight (Spark only)

5. First boot goes directly into TWRP

6. Auto-wipe - No need to wipe, it automatically wipes system, data, cache and EMMC(internal SD)

7. SDK 3.2 ROMs (Unless otherwise noted)

So make it easy on yourself and get all these important features at the same time!

#482 n_w_asg

n_w_asg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Hi there. I thought that Ployer's 4.2.2 ROM was pretty good and addressed any issues I had with the device so I wouldn't see any reason for spending time getting CM to work on it. That's just my thoughts on it but good luck with getting it working :)

good without usb Bluetooth dongle support though which is what I need now...should have bought a Bluetooth tablet in the 1st place...

too rush to buy..

#483 n_w_asg

n_w_asg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

I need a little information and I thought that someone here would have the answers.

1. What is the difference between the "w2" and the "au" on the roms. Does the Momo20 have 2 different versions? And that leads me to the next question.

2. What touchscreen driver does the "au" and the "w2" use?

Hopefully, if everything works out, you'll be helping all the Momo20 users. ;)

I do not know about the w2 but the au works on my tablet...I install w2 & it somehow did not work...it might be for the momo20HD which is differnet from the momo20 due to screensize dpi different..

#484 timefortea

timefortea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

Just received my replacement screen from Sunsky for my Momo20 and fitted it but the calibration is away off. Starts off OK in the top left but the more I move down towards the bottom right, the tablet thinks I am farther ahead - in a drawing app I can draw in the bottom right corner when my finger is only about three quarters of the way there. The whole screen works because when I plug in a mouse and touch the bottom right corner the pointer immediately disappears. Seems as though the screen thinks it is working with a higher resolution screen but its a perfect fit so not sure if it is the wrong one. Is it possible to calibrate it in software or would it appear to be faulty?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

OK so it seems my new touchscreen is 1920x1200 which I worked out by enabling some debugging. I wasn't aware there was a Momo20HD and I see this matches the resolution of it, so looks like Sunsky have sent me the wrong one.... I'll not hold out much hope that they'll send me the correct one although I'll try to get them to. I thought it might go wrong somewhere. I assume its not possible to recalibrate in software so that it aligns with my display - anyone know anything about that?

#485 n_w_asg

n_w_asg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

What u received is the screensize of momo20HD...u should have asked them for the normal momo20 which has different dpi of what u received...

Even if u fit it in..it will not work through the calibration as the tablet is already configure to momo20 & not momo20HD...
It is better u buy another or refund & changed..

#486 timefortea

timefortea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

What u received is the screensize of momo20HD...u should have asked them for the normal momo20 which has different dpi of what u received...

Even if u fit it in..it will not work through the calibration as the tablet is already configure to momo20 & not momo20HD...
It is better u buy another or refund & changed..

Yes I asked for the correct one, they don't list the HD version on their site. I was just wondering if it can be calibrated to work with a smaller res screen, there aren't any apps for it but it may be possible on the command line.

#487 n_w_asg

n_w_asg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

I don't know but u can try...base on luck now..

#488 johhnyhotrocks

johhnyhotrocks

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hi Guys I could use a bit of help here. 

I am trying to use Market Helper to get some apps to work but I have noticed that there was no Superuser on the 4.2.2 Rom that I am using. So Market helper is saying that I dont have Root Access. I have tried getting Superuser off the Play Store but still I cant get Root access.

Root checker says that the device is rooted!!! So has anyone had the same problem and where am I going wrong?

Thanks

#489 Kurtph1969

Kurtph1969

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Hi johhnyhotrocks,

I'm using this Superuser on my Momo20 and it seems to work fine. I haven't tried Market Helper though:

https://play.google....ainfire.supersu

#490 Kurtph1969

Kurtph1969

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Just for reference, I havent signed the compatibility.zip uploaded to my google drive. I may look at doing it and re-uploading. I dont think its very hard to do, I believe thek1ng was shown a link on how to do it by christian?

The compatibility.zip at the moment is for the v1 I believe as it is the firmware which thek1ng uploaded, I just added the missing IDC files which christian mentioned and re-packed it. You should be safe to flash any firmware onto this tablet as long as you have means to plug it into a PC/laptop and use Pheonixsuite and a Momo20 firmware. I am pretty sure the v1 and v2 firmwares will be interchangable in regards CM10.

I am wondering about finding a TWRP version which will work with the Momo20 or even Clockwork Mod Recovery for us. This way you cannot ever brick your tablet flashing a incompatible firmware. I will start looking into this now also.

Hopefully somebody will report back saying they have tried it and it has worked then we can all be much happier Momo20 owners. If anyone else can find a working ClockWork mod for the momo20 I would appreciate it.

Just a question for Thek1ng, where have you seen the 4.2 Firmwares from Ployer? I have not seen anything from them? If they do get us a 4.2 firmware we may be in for even more Custom Firmwares from Christian with Android SDK 3.0

Cheers
harty

I'm also wonder which version of TWRP works on the Momo20. Which device do I select to install? If anyone has solved this issue I would really appreciate heating from you. Or Clockworkmod?

I'm very familiar with flashing custom roms on a phone but have never tried on my tablet. Is this possible on the Momo20 without TWRP / CWM recovery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#491 Kurtph1969

Kurtph1969

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'm also wonder which version of TWRP works on the Momo20. Which device do I select to install? If anyone has solved this issue I would really appreciate heating from you. Or Clockworkmod?

I'm very familiar with flashing custom roms on a phone but have never tried on my tablet. Is this possible on the Momo20 without TWRP / CWM recovery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone?