487 replies to this topic

#21 GTRElectronics

GTRElectronics

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hey guys,

Gary from GTR Electronics here, been a while since I've posted an update, have been busy welcoming a new baby girl to the family so finally managing to get 10mins to provide a download.

For those that aren't already aware there are going to be two different flavours of the Momo20 and Momo19 Quad Tablets. The cheaper version will have a full Quad Core spec and IPS screen as per the original tech listing at the top of this forum, however without the 5MP camera. The Momo20 and 19 HD models will have Retina Displays and feature a 5MP cameras over and above the standard Quad Core spec.

I'll be selling the Momo20 Quad for £159.99 and the Momo19 Quad for £164.99, the HD models with Retina displays will be more expensive. Due to the demand of Retina displays in Shenzhen (where all these tablets are made), the prices for this component are slowly creeping up so it's a slightly fluid market, but expecting the big boys to be around £15 to £20 dearer than their IPS counterparts. At time of writing these models will all be shipped with 4.1.1 build, however 4.2 might make an appearance last minute. If it doesn't it will be released very sharpish.

There are a few hundred of each of these models currently doing the rounds in China. There's been some early feedback on a few issues so waiting for Ployer to get back from the Chinese New Year and confirm that these are all sorted before asking them to manufacture my stock - I want my devices to be the best they possible can so generally let the Chinese guys be the guinea pigs for the testing in anger stages and landing them.

All being well, upon Ployer's return I'll be stocking these by Mid March, with pre-orders early March for those interested in them.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to help.

Regards
Gary
GTR Electronics

#22 harty

harty

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have looked around for this tablet and at the moment have found it at http://nomadtablets....MO-20-Quad-Core is it woth hanging it out for the HD versions, or will ployer move to the RK3188 processor soon. The tech is moving so fast at the moment its hard to know when to take the plunge.

Cheers harty
Tablets owned:
Zenithink ZT282-C91 Upgrade-Sold
Ployer Momo20 A31 Quad-Still Own
Pipo M9 3G RK3188 Quad-Still Own

#23 sennen

sennen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the update Gary. I've been looking at a lot of the latest Chinese tablets for a while now and Ployer do seem to be one of the best and have the all round spec that I'm looking for (2GB RAM, HDMI output, 10 point touch, good screen specs...). I was just ready to plump for the Momo20 (when it's available) and along comes the 19 & 20 HD models which look really nice from what I've seen on Ployer's Chinese website My link. I know my head shouldn't be turned by the "Retina" (can they really use that term??) screen and probably wouldn't see that much of an improvement but I just can't help myself being interested. Put me down on the pre-order list!! Hopefully they won't delay the releases much longer but please keep us updated?
Cheers,
Rob

#24 harty

harty

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

sennen the only thing with the retina displays will be the battery running down quicker and some games dont seem to like the extra resolution from what I have heard. General opinion seems to be to stick with 1280x800px for now.
Tablets owned:
Zenithink ZT282-C91 Upgrade-Sold
Ployer Momo20 A31 Quad-Still Own
Pipo M9 3G RK3188 Quad-Still Own

#25 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the update Gary. I really like the look of the momo20.

Regarding HD vs non-HD do you know whether the HD version will be switchable between HD and non-HD mode? e. g. There is a new Ramos model (W36 I think) which supports 1920x1200 and 1280x800 modes.

Also do you plan to stock any of their other quad core models using the Exynos 4412? e. g. Momo11 quad?

Like harty I am also curious to know whether Ployer will be bringing out any rk3188 based tablets.

Thanks
Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 12 February 2013 - 02:17 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#26 shortylumber

shortylumber

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

@Gary GTR. been looking at the new momo range specifically the momo18.

from the description i saw on your website before it all seemed to disappear it does seem a very nice device.

i have ntoiced somewhere else that there might be a rk3066 version as well, are you able to confirm this?
and also know when you may get the momo18s in?

#27 reapervv3

reapervv3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

hello
I am very interested in this tablet, but I found many inconsistencies about the features of this tablet:
the official website
http://www.ployer.cn...asp?id=141&p=cs
indicates the battery of 6000 mah, other specifications (not the official website) speak of 8000mAh
On the official website the back camera is 2.0 MP, 5.0 MP on unofficial sites
On the official website the front camera is 0.3 MP, 2.0 MP on unofficial sites
It is not clear whether or not there is the bluetouth

what is the truth?
thanks, waiting for your news

#28 GTRElectronics

GTRElectronics

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

@ Jez

Hope you're well.

Have asked Ployer about the switching between modes and apparently this will be supported on the HD models, and will come on 4.2 as standard.

I'm not planning on stocking the Momo11 series, however Ployer are brining out 7" and 8" Quad Core models which I'll be stocking in due course. First release is Momo20 Quad, then Momo19 Quad, then the Momo8-II (Quad Core, Plastic rear, Dual Camera, IPS screen), then 7" Quad Core model. These will all be on the A31 architecture.

Best regards
Gary
GTR Electronics

#29 GTRElectronics

GTRElectronics

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

@ Shortylumber

Many thanks for the question, great to hear from you.

The situation is a tad murky just now on the 8inch front I must agree, as Ployer have changed things over the last few months with their model line up. In terms of the 8inch specifically they had indicated a model called the Momo18 would be released, Quad Core, 5MP rear camera, aluminium casing.

The information I have just now is that they will be bringing out a model in the not too distant future called the Momo8-II, not a Momo18. The Momo8-II is very similar, 8inch, A31 Quad Cortex A7, IPS screen, etc. The differences are that it will have plastic rear (all white in current test models and pictures) and will only have 2MP rear camera instead of 5MP. Ployer still mention the Momo18 model, and it may well be that they release this as a 'HD' model (like they are doing on the Momo19 & 20) which has a slightly higher spec and price. This is just a guess though, unsure if they will do this, the Momo8-II will be a definite though, will keep you posted with release and pricing when I have it but it definitely won't be around until early April.

Best regards
Gary
GTR Electronics

Edited by GTRElectronics, 04 March 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#30 GTRElectronics

GTRElectronics

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

@ Reapervv3

Hope you're well, I think I can clarify for you.

Going back a few months Ployer had released details on their upcoming Quad Core tablet models, the Momo20 at the time had a Retina Display, 5MP rear camera and a higher Battery mAh.

I can confirm that this model is still on the cards and will be called the Momo20 HD. The initial model they are landing is called the Momo20 Quad. This has a slightly different spec and thus why you are getting misguided info from various websites unfortunately. To clarify, both tablets with run the same A31, Quad Core, 8 GPU motherboard. HD model will have Retina Display (higher resolution) Quad model will have IPS screen; in both models the front camera will be 1.3MP as standard, in the HD model it will have a 5MP auto focus 1080p rear camera, the Quad will have a 2MP one; HD will have a higher battery, I have seen 8,000 mAh being quoted but can't confirm at this stage if this will be on the final tablets, this is an area still being debated, Quad will definitely have a 6,000 mAh battery; neither of the models (or any of the Quad Core tablets on Ployer's current model list) will have a Bluetooth chip inbuilt.

Momo20 HD is due for release around 6 weeks after the Quad one which puts it at around end of Apr / start of May and will be £15 to £20 dearer depening on final spec (these are my stocking dates, Chinese suppliers will have them earlier as I always make them the guinea pigs on any tablet releases).

Hope this clarifies, let me know if you have any further questions though.

Best regards
Gary
GTR Electronics

#31 Lars42

Lars42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hi,new member but have lurked around for a while <_< i got my Momo20 today.Will try to give some first impresions.
I got it from SPAMMER!,very well wrapped in a airfilled bag.It works nice out of the box,english menu.

Some facts.
Android version 4.1.1
Camera front 0.3 rear 5.0
Antutu score 13243
Cpu 4622
Gpu 5831
Battery 6000ahm
WiFi not bad at all,better than samsung tab 10.1,on par with minix x5
Solid build quality on hardware,overall i am very satisfied.Feel free to ask if you want,i shall try to answer.
Regards Lars

#32 reapervv3

reapervv3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

@ GTR electronics
Hello and thank you for the valuable information ....
Of course if ployer momo 20 HD will have switching between the retina and the standard resolution mode and a battery of 8000 mah will be a beautiful tablet, one of the best ever.
is difficult to have a distribution of this model (momo 20 HD) before April / start of May?
  PS: GTR, some time ago I sent you an email but I have not received a response, related shipping and warranty, i try to send it back, my account is vincenzo.v30 @ gmail.com, please answer :)

@ lars42
thanks so much for sharing these data, there are so few information based on the testing of the tablet with their own hands.

How long does the battery last? How many hours? I mean by heavy usage, surfing the web, watching videos, playing, reading pdf ...
I expect a quad core uses less battery power than a dual core

I'm waiting for yours news
Regards

#33 Lars42

Lars42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hi Reapervv3.I have tried to test ut battery at heavy use.When i turned it on first time battery status was 97%..Heavy use around 5 hour.Now
I try out battery time with screen contrast at around 40% and using ethernet with an usb hub,seems to increase an hour,some 6 hour max.maybe battery gets better after some charges.
I am still very pleased with this tablet,i conected it to my samsung led 46"and tried some 4K videos,just amazing:-) web browsing,YouTube,
Playstore,webtv all run very smooth.

Best regards
Lars

#34 reapervv3

reapervv3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

hello lars42
it is very possible that after a few cycles of charging the battery starts to last longer, maybe update us on this issue ...
Another question:
how long it takes to charge the tablet when the battery is at 0% to 100% return?
Many owners complain about the ipad 3 80 long recharge times of their tab, about 8 hours to get back to full charge

Thanks for your time, lars42

#35 Lars42

Lars42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hi reapervv3
I just read whats experts saying about ion batteries,dont let them to much below 50% before chargeing,so i charge them from 40 to 50%,takes about 2,5 hours from that point to full charge.so
if its near zero i would estimate it to around 6h.I have not tried from zero.
Regards Lars

Edited by Lars42, 10 March 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#36 akkakkakka

akkakkakka

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

The Allwinner A31 may in fact bench SLOWER than the RK3066

So what's the conclusion here? Is the A31 slower or does it actually work well?

Also, GTRElectronics, do you ship internationally (Scandinavia in this case)?

Edit: Does the Momo20 Quad have HDMI?

Edited by akkakkakka, 20 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#37 Lars42

Lars42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hi,momo20 has mini hdmi and micro usb.i am still very pleased with my momo after 3 weeks in use.
Regards Lars

#38 akkakkakka

akkakkakka

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Thanks, Lars. The Momo20 sounds very promising. If it has the performance to back it up, maybe I should go for the Momo20 over the Momo12...

How is the performance with multiple applications running? Does it "hang" every now and then when you start doing multiple things?

#39 Lars42

Lars42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Hi,i dont use multiple much but i just tried 4k player and web browser at same time,no lag or hickups.sometimes my stock
Web browser have some delays,1 to 2 seconds after loading page.maybe a software issue?
Have surfed some chinese forum but not many momo20 around yet.ployer seems to push out 19&19hd,they sells good in
China.I have read a lot of good word about momo12 ,seems like a good deal
I am not a very tecnical man and feel very alone owning one of the few momo20 outside china:-) i hope there will be some more users on here soon.
Best regards
Lars

#40 akkakkakka

akkakkakka

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

I'm sure there will be more Momo20 users out there in time. I guess the 9.7" screen of the Momo19 is more popular/common, although I find it far too big for my use.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users