DK2k, on 15 January 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:
I broadly agree with wurstt there, battery is a crucial as display and are the two main issues apart from actually working reliably in my view. What use is a portable when you need to be forever finding a mains power supply or you cant see the display anywhere apart from a darkened room. I also fail to see why speakers are too often located on the back (even worse when in a protective case) when you really want them facing forward.
As a further issue when searching for the announced momo20 specs, it would seem there is no bluetooth, a showstopper for me, particularly as the quad core used is one of the weaker ones.
Been thinking a bit more about this.
primary importance - reliability. Everything works. If it aint reliable, it aint worth buying.
* Screen displays without washed out colours and/or reflections giving you headaches and is at least 1024 resolution
* Touch responds without delays/misses
* wifi connects and stays connected at least 20 feet away through a simple partition wall
* Battery lasts as long as stated, the meter accurately shows you what you have left, and it is at least 4000mah
* system doesn't stall/freeze/slow to a crawl or always need rebooting after running a couple of apps
without the above, its not really fit for purpose as a general purpose tablet in my view
Now for the detail for my purposes:
* Battery lasts *at least 5 hours* (PREFERABLY MORE) as browser/bookreader within the above wifi range (I would not buy a tablet with less than 4000 battery - less than 4k demonstrates a high risk of the crap/unreliable/poor quality end of the market in my opinion)
* Near to specialist nook/ereader screen visibility - even if its a special/black and white format you need to select (I would not even consider a tablet with less than 1024 resolution - I subscribe to a number of pdf magazines). I don't want to have to buy a separate ereader.
* Must have easily expandable storage ie sdcard and at least 1GB memory and 16GB storage on board - no excuses for less now
* processor needs to be fast enough to cater for media heavy web pages quickly and smoothly. I would say dual core rk3066 class 1.5/1.6Ghz minimum. (and not 1.2Ghz that you might be able to overclock to 1.5, or worse 0.8/1.0 CPU you may be able to overclock + 400 GPU classed as 1.5. Again this practices demonstrate the crap end of the market which will likely give many problems in my opinion)
* Bluetooth for keyboards, gps etc
* Preferably usb that allows connection of a wide range of USB devices
* Preferably USB charging for flexibility in car etc
and the above is to get on a shortlist. :/
This post has been edited by DK2k: 16 January 2013 - 06:31 AM