• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Is it normal that the momo7 drains battery like 3-5% per 5 minutes while browsing? I already have my brightness tuned to minimum. I don't know why but mine just loses battery so quickly... Also the battery % sometimes does not show accurately, it showed as 78% at first, then i rebooted the device and it now shows as 81%.. Weird. Anyway, waiting for some good news about the new 4300mah battery installed. Is it even possible for 3200mah and 4300mah batteries to have the same physical size?

Well from what I can tell, the size of the battery isn't the only attribute to it's capacity. It must have something to do with the quality of the build too. Also, Madi05 as far as I'm aware had the new ones ordered as a slightly bigger size because there's actually some spare space inside the Talent's battery section.

#102 dmnt

dmnt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Is it normal that the momo7 drains battery like 3-5% per 5 minutes while browsing? I already have my brightness tuned to minimum. I don't know why but mine just loses battery so quickly... Also the battery % sometimes does not show accurately, it showed as 78% at first, then i rebooted the device and it now shows as 81%.. Weird. Anyway, waiting for some good news about the new 4300mah battery installed. Is it even possible for 3200mah and 4300mah batteries to have the same physical size?

Yeah wifi seems to be killing batt really quick, if you disable wifi and use it for watching movies it wasn't as bad -still bad though.
My other china ainol tablet seem to be the same, wifi on, drain like crazy.
I've been using android for a while, since Nexus 1, back in the day of Nexus 1 or Galaxy S1 hardware generation, enabling wifi will drain batt, but on current generation hardware, wifi enabled dont make a diff, if anything enabling wifi actually improve batt life compare to cellular.

My theory is that recent newer generation wifi chips is being made to be more power efficient compare to ancient wifi chip, like old Broadcom used in Ainol, or Realtek like the one used in Talent.
yeah... what do you expect form cheap stuff..

#103 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

the only problem now is i dont know if the battery is accurate or not, lol but i do know there are astonishing longer runtimes i will post later for u when im satified with it being a firm upgrade

Posted Image

Couple of updates:

I've been able to flash a version of CWM 6.0.2.7 for RK3066 tabs which supports boot.img flashing. It displays a "double image" though, it's as though theres an section of the screen with CWM like usual, and a mirror image on the lower half of the screen. Not a massive problem, it actually functions just fine.

With this, I've flashed a custom rom which is intended for a cube tablet, most interestingly, I think it might have an updated kernel. Best part of it is, it seems to run a little smoother than stock.

I might use it as a base to customize it for the Talent a little more but it should work on any RK3066 tablet really.

...The day after...
I just tried a version of Cyanogenmod v10 for some Cube tablet on the Talent. It worked great apart from the few bugs it was known to have. Shame the WIFI didn't work though, it was silky smooth.

Edited by cacoe, 13 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#104 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Mind telling us what custom firmware it was? Might want to try it on my talent.

#105 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Mind telling us what custom firmware it was? Might want to try it on my talent.

Which are you talking about?

If you're talking about the regular ROM, it's called infected v4 but you need the new CWM to flash it properly.

Edited by cacoe, 13 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#106 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

http://androtab.info/
I am following this site to get the CWM installed, is the generic cmw the correct one to use on our momo?

#107 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

http://androtab.info/
I am following this site to get the CWM installed, is the generic cmw the correct one to use on our momo?

I actually used a package which I found elsewhere. (still based on the one you linked though) It was for a momo11. To be sure, I still copied my momo7 parameter file over from a default ROM. I'm sure the generic version would be fine to be honest, if you use your existing perimeter file, I think it should work fine.

In fact, I'll be interested to know if it fixes the mirror image problem I spoke of :D

Edited by cacoe, 14 February 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#108 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

old battery is easy to remove i used a dental pick and gently pryed it upward from the back of the battery ,, it was held on by some cheap clear double sided tape,, i decided to go back and solder my wires being its easy and i was thinking it was too much wire hanging around ,, i felt pressure was being applied by that but it seems the new battery is a bit thick whereas it put pressure on the screen when back was replaced ,, so i removed the stickers all together and so far it has fixed that problem :)

also wanted u to know i also removed the blue tape on the sides of the new battery just to take that little extra off, dont know it if was needed

the only problem now is i dont know if the battery is accurate or not, lol but i do know there are astonishing longer runtimes i will post later for u when im satified with it being a firm upgrade

So... any news on the battery sales info? :unsure:

Posted Image

Edited by cacoe, 16 February 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#109 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, if it has some noticeable improvement on the battery life, i might consider getting one.

#110 cdog71

cdog71

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi there I'm a new member and I just got the Ployer Momo7 Talent and I need help. It is all in Chinese and I can't find the right spot in 'settings' where to switch to English text. Thanks need help fast.
Cory

#111 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hi there I'm a new member and I just got the Ployer Momo7 Talent and I need help. It is all in Chinese and I can't find the right spot in 'settings' where to switch to English text. Thanks need help fast.
Cory

cool mate. just click the icon with the alphabet A on the left. then first option in the right side lists languages

#112 cdog71

cdog71

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

cool mate. just click the icon with the alphabet A on the left. then first option in the right side lists languages

Excellent thank-you, much better now. Trying to uninstall a few of the Chinese apps now! I love this little baby for the price!

#113 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Excellent thank-you, much better now. Trying to uninstall a few of the Chinese apps now! I love this little baby for the price!

You will soon find out the battery on this tab sucks lol. At first i loved this little tab as well :D This tab is even faster than my GTab 2 10.1.
However the battery is basically the only issue, other than that this is a good tab.

#114 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

You will soon find out the battery on this tab sucks lol. At first i loved this little tab as well :D This tab is even faster than my GTab 2 10.1.
However the battery is basically the only issue, other than that this is a good tab.

I did a test last night, I disabled WIFI when I had 86% of battery and left it over night.

Previously it's ran out of battery on idle when still having 38% of battery and left over night with wifi on.

Without wifi on, it only drained 6% of battery for 10 hours of idle.

So the real killer is wifi!

At least when idle, which is the annoying part for me, I don't exect the battery to last for more than the tablet does when in use but it shouldn't drain nearly as much when idle :/

Only thing is, Settings > Wifi > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Never....

Doesn't actually seem to disable Wifi at all when the tab is asleep :S

Actually, I turned wifi to never on during sleep and it seems to be working now! Great.

It's been on 16 hours since a full charge now with very minor usage and I still have 77% battery.

I advise everyone to change this option as I have, unless you really need it on for facebook notifications and stuff.

Edited by cacoe, 21 February 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#115 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yup I have always had WiFi option switched to never on during sleep so idle drain is not an issue, the issue is battery drain wh.e browsing, lol.
Its like 1% drain for 1 minute of browsing, sometimes even faster. So basically you can only browse for around 100 minutes..

#116 cacoe

cacoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Yup I have always had WiFi option switched to never on during sleep so idle drain is not an issue, the issue is battery drain wh.e browsing, lol.
Its like 1% drain for 1 minute of browsing, sometimes even faster. So basically you can only browse for around 100 minutes..

Strange, I've managed to get 9 hours with minimum screen brightness.

#117 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

wow that is really strange, no matter how dim or bright my screen is, it just sucks the battery no matter what lol.

#118 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I had thought my screen would be a huge drain on the battery but surprisingly according to my stats programs it is only 1.85%. My main drain is the cell standby/radio mobile at 82.51% and system/phone idle at 10.29%.

Sent from my Momo7 IPS using Tapatalk 2

#119 uneedadoctor

uneedadoctor

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Does your tablet have cell phone features to start with? If not why would it have cell standby/radio mobile running in the background?
Tablet idle drain is not an issue, the drain is minimal. However the problem is when the screen is on and when i am actually using it. Can barely get 3 hours if i actually use it to browse the web.

#120 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Does your tablet have cell phone features to start with? If not why would it have cell standby/radio mobile running in the background?
Tablet idle drain is not an issue, the drain is minimal. However the problem is when the screen is on and when i am actually using it. Can barely get 3 hours if i actually use it to browse the web.

Not that I am aware of. This is why I don't understand why cell standby/radio mobile at the largest drain on my battery. I have looked for ways to turn them off but had no luck.

Sent from my Momo7 IPS using Tapatalk 2