• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

HI, i am fairly new to the forum and i wanted to share some findings ,, first i have owned in the 7 inch category , the hyundai 700x , the pipo s1 , ployer momo7 on the way and icoo d70 pro II ,, well i can tell u,, this 10 point touch over the 5 point is a major improvement imho, this is the first tablet out of the box with no lag period, fast loading and wifi is exceptional, it has better wifi than my ipads and ipod touches my kids play with ,, in my man cave which is surrounded with brick , it has strong signal, very impressed, my kids have played there games they love i have done some you tube and google stuff and weather channel and etc. and it all runs fast and strong ,, the screen is the best i have seen , to my eyes it is better than the ipod touch 4s with retina , very vibrant, now if u can help me with removing the chinese stuff i will be happy , i will put a video up in the next few days of this beast working against my ipad for u ,, it is very compact as well as compared to the nexus which imho is too bulky for a 7 inch or long that is anyway i felt you guys searching needed a heads up on this beast of a tablet :yahoo:

please please help me get it more american and get rid of the chinese weather and apps on there , also it loads ployer momo and chinese writing the talent part , frustrating for me ,, thanks and hope this was helpful

#2 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Oh great to hear this.. But some others have complained some - 'SD card unexpectedly removed', touch double tap etc occured in momo7 , hope they corrected it

#3 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

i dont and havent need a sd card to check but i will for u , if u like ? as far as day two , it died completely i charged it in less than 3 hours and it got alot of play time ;) lots of apps downloaded and so far it is way better on wifi and same on most things ,, screen is the best so far

#4 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

i dont and havent need a sd card to check but i will for u , if u like ? as far as day two , it died completely i charged it in less than 3 hours and it got alot of play time ;) lots of apps downloaded and so far it is way better on wifi and same on most things ,, screen is the best so far

yes 16 gb must be pretty much enough. planning to order this :D

#5 aloznat

aloznat

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Getting rid of the Chinese apps might be fairly complicated if you're not familiar with the Linux command line, but this guide should work:
http://valentijn.sessink.nl/?p=382 (get rkflashtool for RK3066 devices from https://github.com/c...066-rkflashtool)
If vol+/- & power gets you into recovery but not bootloader mode, you can "adb reboot bootloader" to run the commands if it isn't rooted - I'm assuming it isn't, otherwise you could just use Titanium Backup.

Where did you order yours from? I'm thinking about getting one from BuyInCoins (USD$140.99 or $133.94 with a referral discount/free shipping) but I can't find any indication of whether other people have actually received tablets from them.

One more thing. If you manage to get root access, can you post a kernel log ("dmesg >/sdcard/kernel.log" in a root terminal)?
I'm hoping to get Ubuntu running on it, but the only kernel sources I could find - https://github.com/A...B/rk3066-kernel - are for TV sticks, so it's probably missing several drivers.
In particular, the log would mention what kind of touchscreen and other hardware it uses, which I'll need to know if I want to get Ubuntu running.

#6 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

please please help me get it more american and get rid of the chinese weather and apps on there , also it loads ployer momo and chinese writing the talent part , frustrating for me ,, thanks and hope this was helpful

First you have to root the tablet. This should work for you.
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__471387

Once tablet is rooted.

You can go into App manager & force stop the apps. Go into ES Explorer, check settings to enable SU mode + root browsing - 2 boxes you have to tick, then go into system and then app folder. (system/app) Go in there and delete the Chinese programs. Careful not to delete any needed ones. Better to probably move them out of that folder and onto SD card or another folder in storage (nand flash) instead of deleting.

Then reboot the tablet and the Chinese apps will be gone.

PS, the hard part maybe figuring out what those Chinese apps are called.
PPS, tablet should still start if you move (or delete) the wrong programs but then you will be missing those apps and have to re-install them somehow. So, use move instead of delete when you are unsure.

Edited by Nickos-V, 29 December 2012 - 02:59 PM.

• aloznat likes this

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#7 aloznat

aloznat

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

That should be much easier than modifying the NAND flash directly (and safer). The instructions I linked were for fixing things if you mess up badly, so don't use them unless to remove the Chinese apps unless you've already messed up your tablet :p

That aside, I'd still love a kernel log so I can get Ubuntu running. Even better if I can get one before I order this tablet so I can start working on it early!

#8 dmnt

dmnt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

I also got mine 2 days ago,
Pros:
Screen was great, a bit cold on dimmer setting, very bright.
no heat issues so far.
fast, no lag.
Touchscreen 10 point, and no finicky/false tap like on ainol aurora2.
light.
Cons:
built quality was not very solid, some creaking here and there, material is rather thin plastic, but it was ok as long as you dont abuse it too much.
Flap covering hdmi, micro usb, and sd slot didn't seem will last for repeated use.
Cannot charge from USB -> this is major letdown for me, I carry around battery pack this cannot be powered by it, need to find some conversion tips.
Rather a lot of chinese apps, suspect some taking ram, as free ram is a bit on low side.

need to find and try root method, so I can modify build.prop, by default it missed out quite a few games on play store.

Edited by dmnt, 30 December 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#9 aloznat

aloznat

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

I bit the bullet, as they say, and I ordered one from BuyInCoins. Hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers that all goes well!

Not to repeat myself a third time, but as soon as someone gets root I'd greatly appreciate a kernel log.
Post, PM, Pastebin, I don't care - just remember to check it for sensitive info like the WiFi MAC address if you're paranoid like me :p

#10 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

HI, sry for the delay ,, mine is still running great , my son is 3 years old and is already a pro on you tube and his games that he played on the ipad ,, my daughter is 8 and plays with it alot to, it is solid for the money , i bought mine on aliexpress

now for u , it runs so great im scared to do the rooting,, will the rooting disable anything on it make it lag or anything like that ? i have managed to take out most chinese apps by just disabling, just when i powers up i get the chinese ployer writing for talent that bugs me and i cant get the chinese date to switch to american ,, but all the apps i have ran and mozilla firefox runs smoothly on there as well

as for the other mentioning of the creaks, all of them are plastic do that even the nexus is cheapy feeling plastic back imho,, but the hyundai is very solid cause of metal back but the wifi is terrible on it and i believe it is due to the metal backing is blocking signal,, this tablet would be perfect if it had bluetooth but no biggie for me but would be cool with it ;) i have a small dongle for it

as for the other guy mentioning charging via usb , as i am aware all the 7 inches are like this charge seperately via that plug, it would be cooler if they used the mini usb like many things do this day and age , but i will take this one working with hardly any quirks over the other two i had that was very frustrating ,, the charge lasts good on it now as well , it got better after a few run downs and charge ups as well, i am going to get a few more for my family members this thing is a keeper for sure

please lmk your thoughts on the rooting deal , also do i do this via the tablet or through my computer first?

#11 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

also is this the one u are referring to ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0-setup.exe ? if so where do i find it, i cant type in my app finder , it doesnt show up there or web browser? lmk

#12 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

also see my system info, is this the kernel you refer to? i cant seem to do the root your told me about, it doesnt pop up after i run it and then plug the tablet up ,, im thinking its because it is not the a10 it was made for? lmk what u think

Attached Files

#13 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

also is this the one u are referring to ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0-setup.exe ? if so where do i find it, i cant type in my app finder , it doesnt show up there or web browser? lmk

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/teclast-a10-dual-core/how-root-teclast-a10-dual-core-2491.html

Instructions and app can be found there. Should work with all RK3066 tablets. You need to click on wrench + screwdriver. Then click root & wait. It will install the app onto your tablet & give you root access.

I have not done it yet so cannot give you anymore help.

Make sure to read that thread. Also, make very sure you first know how to flash firmware to your tablet in case it stops working after installing this app. Be prepared to reflash firmware to your tablet if you have to.

Just realize that this root app could cause your tablet to stop booting afterwords. Impossible for me to know how it will interact with your tablet's firmware. You do this at your own risk.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#14 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/teclast-a10-dual-core/how-root-teclast-a10-dual-core-2491.html

Instructions and app can be found there. Should work with all RK3066 tablets. You need to click on wrench + screwdriver. Then click root & wait. It will install the app onto your tablet & give you root access.

I have not done it yet so cannot give you anymore help.

Make sure to read that thread. Also, make very sure you first know how to flash firmware to your tablet in case it stops working after installing this app. Be prepared to reflash firmware to your tablet if you have to.

Just realize that this root app could cause your tablet to stop booting afterwords. Impossible for me to know how it will interact with your tablet's firmware. You do this at your own risk.

it doesnt work on my tablet or im missing something, i dont get the root first page it shows on that thread, and i cant read chinese :rofl:

#15 Con

Con

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

yeah, he needs the dmesg output so he can see what hardware the momo7 is rocking, you can output it to a txt file

#16 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

thanks will try tomorrow if i am able to , have family and friends over to bring in the new year ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

#17 aloznat

aloznat

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Here you go: dmesg bootup log at Pastebin.

Is this for the Momo7 Talent? At the top it says 1024x600 IPS - I need one from a Talent, which is 1280x800.
I'm fairly certain the Talent uses a different touch controller than the Momo7 IPS, because the IPS is only 5-point and the Talent is 10-point.

It's still helpful (now I know what kind of touch panel it doesn't use :p), I just want to be absolutely sure it doesn't use drivers that don't have sources available.
Either way, I'll have to deal with it since I already placed my order...

#18 Brakoj

Brakoj

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yeah that's irrelevant, sorry. I was confusing another post and thinking the Talent is the normal 7" one.

#19 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Has anyone in the US ordered this through AliExpress? I am looking to get either this one or the original Momo7. I just wish the Talent had dual webcams. But with only a .3mp I am leaning more towards the normal/original Momo7.

This will be my first time to import and I am trying to find out how the Custom duties work and about how much to expect to pay.

#20 dmnt

dmnt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I've rooted it, the goal is ultimately changed the build.prop to galaxy note 1,
Root using zhuodashi didn;t work for me, it doesn;t detect the tablet at all, but plug in ainol aurora2 detected. Seems usb driver is missing/install but not completed/can;t be found.

I try other tablet root method, using combination of chn app called Shodpea something (sorry forgot the name) that app install USB driver and basically an appstore and itunes like app.
After that app installation, I can run both zhuodashi or Shuame (thiese two root app looks almost the same) and it will detect tablet, afterward just click the icon with root android, restart tablet, and you will have root + this 2 chinese app from shuame/zhuodashi. This can be replaced by SuperSU rom market, then uninztall this 2 chinese app using titanium backup.

Do install SuperSU or superuser first before unintalling chinese app, if you dont you will loose root access.
Now, the problem... I felt mine frequently freezing after rooting, esp. when opening Setting menu and App menu, it will just freeze not responding to touch, it will resolved by itself 20-30sec later, but annoying and made tablet felt slow and unreliable.
I dont know this comes from because of rooting or because I uninstall/cleaned almost all chinese apps using titanium backup. Maybe some of these chinese app is needed, maybe... not sure.
I manage to edit build.prop to note 1, but market didn;t seem shows any difference, I still cannot download Chrome.

I'm currently thinkgin about to reverting it back by flashing original rom downloaded from ployer.cn