• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Little update. I was able to flash 1219 firmware from stock recovery. I had to do 3 wipes and flash zip, then do 3 wipes again and flash zip, take out sd card and wipe media, reboot woila! Internal memory is <1gb. I am gonna try with 0128 next....

#162 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

I tried flashing 0128 with twrp. But suddenly got cant mount emnc error. So couldnt do anything from here. Bootet up tablet again and internal memory didnt show up. So thought id try automated cm10 install, maybe that would help with the emnc problem, but now the tablet is bricked again!!! :)

#163 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

So it deffinitely seems to be a problem with the recoverys working with the system. I cant use any other recoverys then the stock that gets flashed by aml usb tool. SOmetimes i somehow managed to boot other recoverys, but still cant install anything newer then 1219. I managed to install automated cm10 installation from the stock 115 recovery, and think im gonna stay there for now. Until somebody has any possible solution since i would realy like to be on a cm rom based on newer firmware, because of different corrections (hdmi, etc.) ......

#164 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

My next step is to dump the partitions and compare them to the stock firmwares to see if when flashing 1219 it is actually overwriting the boot.img with the 1219 kernel or not. Have you tried to the 1219 TWRP after flashing the 1219 stock firmware?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#165 ant-uk

ant-uk

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire - England

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

So it deffinitely seems to be a problem with the recoverys working with the system. I cant use any other recoverys then the stock that gets flashed by aml usb tool. SOmetimes i somehow managed to boot other recoverys, but still cant install anything newer then 1219. I managed to install automated cm10 installation from the stock 115 recovery, and think im gonna stay there for now. Until somebody has any possible solution since i would realy like to be on a cm rom based on newer firmware, because of different corrections (hdmi, etc.) ......

Hey Robin, I'm working on a "batch II" unbricking tool. What is the build number on the side of your Hero and what software version was installed when you received the Hero? Basically if your build number on the side begins with 121226 or newer my new and untested unbricking tool might be the key?

fuser-invent said he would test it out on his Hero but if you've nothing to loose? I'm not doing a public release right now so if you want it send me a PM and I'll hit you up with the link.... 8)

Edited by ant-uk, 30 April 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#166 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Build number starts with 20121116 and came with 115v2 installed, so it might be to old?

Buggar, I wouldn't have minded to try it out :-)

#167 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

My next step is to dump the partitions and compare them to the stock firmwares to see if when flashing 1219 it is actually overwriting the boot.img with the 1219 kernel or not. Have you tried to the 1219 TWRP after flashing the 1219 stock firmware?

After 1219 i tried with Cwm for 0128, but that didn't work out. Every time i tried with newer recoverys it either bricked tablet or just got stuck at android logo. However a few times, I managed to turn off tablet after. And then it would automatically boot newer recovery from sd if I just turned on the tablet on power button (not power and - volume).

#168 craigusoz

craigusoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

So Robin, have you tried this sequence that worked for me:

Unbrick to 1115v2.

Boot into recovery with no card.

Insert card with cranked_hero files.

3 wipes, flash cranked, 3 wipes (could perhaps do twice, but I didn't)

remove card, reboot - takes a few minutes, hangs on green droid, seems bricked after reset, won't boot internal recovery, but:

reset, insert card, will now boot into on-card recovery (for me, both vol - and power worked (although it took a while to start recovery), I didn't try just power)

3 wipes, flash cranked, 3 wipes.

Reboot - working fine.

#169 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

So Robin, have you tried this sequence that worked for me:

Unbrick to 1115v2.

Boot into recovery with no card.

Insert card with cranked_hero files.

3 wipes, flash cranked, 3 wipes (could perhaps do twice, but I didn't)

remove card, reboot - takes a few minutes, hangs on green droid, seems bricked after reset, won't boot internal recovery, but:

reset, insert card, will now boot into on-card recovery (for me, both vol - and power worked (although it took a while to start recovery), I didn't try just power)

3 wipes, flash cranked, 3 wipes.

Reboot - working fine.

Just tried it, but onfortunately it bricked the hero and wont boot up at all anymore. So will have to start all over again... :)
It was worth the try though.

#170 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Another update: I was able to boot twrp after 1219 install and from there i could install cm10.1 on top of 1219 installation.

#171 craigusoz

craigusoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

Sorry 'bout that - I'm glad to hear that you got going with CM 10.1.

Where did things fail when you followed my sequence?

#172 robin sander

robin sander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Sorry 'bout that - I'm glad to hear that you got going with CM 10.1.

Where did things fail when you followed my sequence?

After the installation of cranked hero. I tried to reboot without sd, but only got black screen and no power. So i tried with sd, same result. Even tried a couple of times, but no luck. Had to de-brick tablet and install 1115 again.

I think i am going to stick with cm 10.1 on top of 1219 for now, since for some reason any newer version doesnt work on my tablet anymore!? Hoping that fuser-invent or ant-uk will come up with a solution/unbricking tool at some point, that corrects this problem. :)

Edited by robin sander, 01 May 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#173 Mike911

Mike911

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

Hello,

I've bought an Ainol Novo 10 Hero from an colleague, the tablet was working fine. The firmware/build was 1219 android 4.1.1.

It seems that some apps didn't work with 4.1.1. 

So I've got the idea to flash him to Cyanogenmod 10.1.

The steps i have made to this far.....

download 0128 stock rom to downgrade to (i think it was necessary) 

Format an 4GB SD card to Fat32 

Put the files from the 0128 rom zipfile to the root of the SD card

Put the SD card into the tablet.

Start the tablet with my fingers on the power an volume- button.

The tablet crashes/sleeps/didn't react to anything

So when't a little bit in panic, i searched for an solution an came to " HOW TO unbrick AINOL NOVO10 HERO (Dualcore)" from zelenij & Nikola_n.

Most will know the solution, i had to attach my computer to the tablet and take some steps and got my screen back. Then the manual says i had to do an formatted sd card in the tablet pc en my computer 'sends' the 1115 rom files to the sd card. Then i had to power of the tablet from the twrp menu, and disconnect the USB cable. Then i had to put back on the tablet and after (the manual says 2 minutes) 30 sec the stock recovery start. First i had to do the necessary wipes and then select the firmware an gapps. When is select first the firmware the tablet gives,

install /sdcard ...

finding update package...

opening update package...

verifying update package...

installation aborted.

Now i sit here, in the Netherlands with an Ainol Novo 10 Hero without ROM and it only boots up to android system recovery 3e. I'have downloaded many stock and other ROM. Sometimes the tablet won't boot with an ROM on the SD card. All the other times i get "installation aborted'.

UPDATE:

I have tried the cm10 automated install - brick free.

the 1a factoryromresets.zip works

after that the 1b.cm-10-20121220-unoficial-elf2DBs doesn't work and says: installation aborted

But now i can see the green android man and then the logo: "ainol Tab NOVO10 Hero 10.1".  When i bootup with pwr + -Vol then he comes in android system recovery 3e.  

He doesn't pick any firmware.    

It feels like that it is a little thing that is easy to repair.... 

I hope that someone can help me.

Friendly regards,

Mike

Edited by Mike911, 23 May 2014 - 05:26 AM.

#174 alpstheguru

alpstheguru

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

+1 "Ainol Hero" unbricked. Thanks a ton to everyone out there specially sld & fuser-invent.
Mine was stuck on the greenman logo since like a few weeks now. Today i just sat don with it at around noon. Its 2300 right now & finally i have cyanogenmod.
I can't thank enough. I tired the sd card method for a while and that was the part that took most of my time.

WHAT WORKED FOR ME:
ENG_NOVO10HERO_Unbrick_Instruction_0_4_RC.pdf
helped for disassembling the tablet.(Despite the peppy track playing in its backgorund.:p)
followed the steps till the end except for the part 15.

On windows 7 you might have to run Imageburntool as administrator.(In my case i had to.)
I put the files from the folder "CM10 4.1.2DBr2 - SD Unbrick Method" on my sd card.
From the recovery ran the 4 zip files in order mentioned in the text file in the same folder.
Reboot and bam <SOLVED>.
Again thanks a ton.

• fuser-invent likes this