173 replies to this topic

#21 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Run it as admin

What did you think I was running it as? B)

I'll try it on another machine to see if I have any different result. If that fails, I'm out of ideas. :(

#22 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Partial success: I can now get the AMLflash to complete (well 8 0 %) and get the device into TWRP.

However, I cannot get the Test_adb_hero.bat to see the device and so can get no further. I get to the stage of it wanting the driver, but when I go to C:\Android\drivers\ADB\ it tells me that no suitable driver is found and to make sure I'm looking at drivers compatible with Windows 32-bit (also 64-bit when I tried it on a 64-bit machine)

It feels like I am so close (again!) but can't quite get over the hurdle. Any suggestions?

Edited by toweliechaos, 14 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#23 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Partial success: I can now get the AMLflash to complete (well 8 0 %) and get the device into TWRP.

However, I cannot get the Test_adb_hero.bat to see the device and so can get no further. I get to the stage of it wanting the driver, but when I go to C:\Android\drivers\ADB\ it tells me that no suitable driver is found and to make sure I'm looking at drivers compatible with Windows 32-bit (also 64-bit when I tried it on a 64-bit machine)

It feels like I am so close (again!) but can't quite get over the hurdle. Any suggestions?

If you have ADB drivers for another android device, uninstall them and then install the Ainol ADB drivers, they are different. I don't know if the Crystal ADB drivers will work for the Hero but I have them in my Mediafire account here. Other than that I'm not sure.

Also, how did you get from 19% to 8-0%? What did you change in your method? Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Edited by fuser-invent, 14 February 2013 - 05:34 PM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#24 bal2nis

bal2nis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

If you have ADB drivers for another android device, uninstall them and then install the Ainol ADB drivers, they are different. I don't know if the Crystal ADB drivers will work for the Hero but I have them in my Mediafire account here. Other than that I'm not sure.

Also, how did you get from 19% to 8-0%? What did you change in your method? Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Mine worked by using a generic usb driver. It pushes all the files to the sd card, but it won't flash them. I think the partitions are messed up some how. Any ideas?

#25 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

you should use stock recoveries with an aml_autoscript file

stock roms usually includes it

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#26 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

I've tried using the Crystal ones and they make no difference unfortunately.

I tried using a USB port on the rear of the PC (which I think is USB 2.0) rather than one on the front (which I believe to be USB 3.0) and that was all I did different!

I don't understand the problem. I have got it to the stage where it accepts the Samsung Google Nexus ADB Interface and yet the Test_adb still shows no device connected. But it really is. It's in Device Manager as a Nexus. As far as I can see, there are no other ADB drivers on the system. Just in case I'm doing something wrong, this is what I am doing:

Run ImageBurn
Import upgrade file (C:\Android\firmware\1115\Novo1003-Hero-1115.zip)
Import Config File (C:\Android\AMLflash\resource\config_progress.xml)
Connect tablet, turn on
Press start (runs through to 8 0% and then fails)
TWRP appears on the screen
Device Manager > Find deveice and update driver
Browse for driver > Let me pick > untick compatible hardware > Samsung > Samsung Android Interface > Install
All OK
run C:\Android\adb\TEST_adb_hero.bat
No device found

:(

#27 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

In the terminal / command prompt, navigate to your adb folder, type "adb kill-server" then "adb start-server" then "adb devices" and see if the device is found.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#28 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

In the terminal / command prompt, navigate to your adb folder, type "adb kill-server" then "adb start-server" then "adb devices" and see if the device is found.

Done that and it makes no difference. How the fudge can it not find the device when it appears in Device Manager as a Nexus; its driver is Samsung Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface and it runs through AMLflash as it should?

This is doing my nut in now. I can't do anything from TWRP and the Test.bat doesn't find it meaning the heroflash.bat won't run either.

Someone must have a clue as to what is going on or what I need to do differently? Help!

#29 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Are you using this TWRP? Did you try this CWM? Did you try doing it in the stock recovery? Are you running the recovery off your external SD card, have you tried reformatting it with SD Formatter with the full overwrite settings? Have you tried the SD card method with these files?

#30 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Are you using this TWRP? Did you try this CWM? Did you try doing it in the stock recovery? Are you running the recovery off your external SD card, have you tried reformatting it with SD Formatter with the full overwrite settings? Have you tried the SD card method with these files?

Sorry, I appreciate you are trying to help but I don't really understand this. I am using the files from the NikolaN guide. Not that it matters as once I get into TWRP it cannot see an SD card so I can't flash any CFW or any other file for that matter.

I cannot get into stock or TWRP recovery mode. The tablet turns on but is only a black screen. To get into TWRP, I have to use AMLflash ImageBurnTool via USB connection which gets to 8 0%, then reboots into TWRP. I then install the drivers so it thinks it is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus in order to run the flash.bat but can't do it as the device is 'not seen'.

So in answer to your questions - a) it was supplied with 2.3.2.3 and I have replaced the uImage file with the 2.3.3.0 TWRP instead b ) no, it provides stock 1115 c) no, can't get into stock recovery d) no, it cannot 'see' the SD card if I put it in e) no and f) no because see d)

I'm sure there must be something I'm doing wrong; I just can't see what it is. The fact that I can get it into TWRP tells me the device must be salvageable but it makes it even more frustrating that I can't do anything once in TWRP.

Is there a sobbing emoticon? :*(

Edited by toweliechaos, 18 February 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#31 cracked

cracked

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Will this work with a Hero II quad core S/N ending in 8446

download this zip http://dl.vmall.com/c0ibfz70bf

extract it and put all files in root of SD card

insert sd card

reset device by inserting pin in mic hole

now press volume down + power key .

now u can see logo

format data / cache

format media

install zip from EXT

choose zip file

reboot tablet

#32 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Will this work with a Hero II quad core S/N ending in 8446

No it won't.

#33 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

If I change some files in the C:\Android folder, I can get the CWM 5.5.0.4 going and get into that recovery mode but I still can't 'do' anything. It still cannot see the SD card, so I can't flash it.

Incidentally, the files I've been using are here: http://goo.gl/pVl98 from the HOWTO unbrick AINOL NOVO10 Hero (Dualcore) guide by zelenij & NiKoLa_N (ver 0.4RC) if that helps.

If I can get into TWRP 2.3.3.0, 2.3.2.3 and CWM 5.5.0.4 then surely I must be able to flash a firmware again? But if I can't see the SD card, how can I do this?

#34 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

@toweliechaos

while in twrp try to flash the "factory reset" and "format avnftli" zips that you find in any of my roms thread.

and be sure that TWRP matches the one for the stock firmware you tried to flash (to match the bootloader)

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)

tmF4C.png

#35 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

@toweliechaos

while in twrp try to flash the "factory reset" and "format avnftli" zips that you find in any of my roms thread.

and be sure that TWRP matches the one for the stock firmware you tried to flash (to match the bootloader)

Forgive me for being a bit dim, but how can I flash those zips (which I've got from your other thread) if TWRP doesn't see the SD card? The firmware is the official 1115 one so presumably 2.3.3.0 is ok? Or is there a different TWRP I should use with that?

#36 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

see in the comp zip or TWRP thread, there's one for every stock build

ps: use "adb sideload" in case

Edited by Christian Troy, 18 February 2013 - 09:43 AM.

tmF4C.png

#37 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

see in the comp zip or TWRP thread, there's one for every stock build

ps: use "adb sideload" in case

Using TWRP 2.4.1.0 with stock 1115 - this is the right match I believe?

Get into TWRP, insert SD card, still not seen. Go to ADB sideload and the only options are to 'wipe cache' and 'dalvik cache', which it fails to do, with 'unable to mount '/emmc' messages in the log.

Losing the will to live...

#38 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

You said you didn't try SD Formatter, so download it here, reformat your sd card with "FULL (Overwrite)" settings and try again.

#39 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

You said you didn't try SD Formatter, so download it here, reformat your sd card with "FULL (Overwrite)" settings and try again.

I have subsequently used SD Formatter on the SD card and it appears to have made no difference. Presumably this is because I can't seem to get the device in TWRP to see or mount the SD card?

#40 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Someone please give me a step-by-step on what to do here! I've tried everything but it's no good getting into TWRP or any other recovery if I can't then see the SD card - or is it?

I have all the files I could possibly need, just not the right order of application it would seem. I'm so close...