#1 Davy49

Davy49

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUSA - Florida

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hi,
I purchased a Lenovo IdeaTab A2109A this past sat. @ my nearby Best Buy, it was on sale for $ 249.00 ...I previously was using a viewsonic Gtablet that was 'rooted' and running a rom that I obtained from a 'different' website (trying to be polite) . So far anyway, I'd have to say I think it's considerably quicker than the gtab..of course it SHOULD be. Tegra 2 vs. Tegra 3 chip, I've already received the jellybean 'update' from Lenovo, don't see much difference YET. Unless I change my mind..I may not even root my A2109 . :lol: As our youngest son came home to be with us @ Christmas, and he has never owned a tablet, I thought it would be nice if I gave him my gtab..which I have. I went into the CWM recovery area and performed a Factory /Data Wipe, so he could start with basically a 'fresh' installation of the rom that was loaded on there (smoother bean). Thank goodness he already had a google account set up. Now he's just making the gtab HIS, that's where the problem lies..some of the app's. he wants to install he's being notified they are 'incompatable' for his gtab. I checked it and when it displays which device to install on, it shows up as a Motorola Tervigon device. I've already used ES File Explorer and since the gtab is still rooted, I went into the build.prop area and changed some lines in there. Of I DID make a 'copy' of the original build.prop and stored it in a 'secure' area. So far, that hasn't corrected the problem. I went into the 'settings' area, under apps. and selected google play store and emptied the cache and cleared the data also. Also, I went into CWM recovery area and cleared the dalvik cache...STILL no luck !! Any one have any suggestions for me ?
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
David :rolleyes:

Edited by Davy49, 25 December 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#2 cracktech

cracktech

Banned for copyright violation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi,
I purchased a Lenovo IdeaTab A2109A this past sat. @ my nearby Best Buy, it was on sale for $ 249.00 ...I previously was using a viewsonic Gtablet that was 'rooted' and running a rom that I obtained from a 'different' website (trying to be polite) . So far anyway, I'd have to say I think it's considerably quicker than the gtab..of course it SHOULD be. Tegra 2 vs. Tegra 3 chip, I've already received the jellybean 'update' from Lenovo, don't see much difference YET. Unless I change my mind..I may not even root my A2109 . :lol: As our youngest son came home to be with us @ Christmas, and he has never owned a tablet, I thought it would be nice if I gave him my gtab..which I have. I went into the CWM recovery area and performed a Factory /Data Wipe, so he could start with basically a 'fresh' installation of the rom that was loaded on there (smoother bean). Thank goodness he already had a google account set up. Now he's just making the gtab HIS, that's where the problem lies..some of the app's. he wants to install he's being notified they are 'incompatable' for his gtab. I checked it and when it displays which device to install on, it shows up as a Motorola Tervigon device. I've already used ES File Explorer and since the gtab is still rooted, I went into the build.prop area and changed some lines in there. Of I DID make a 'copy' of the original build.prop and stored it in a 'secure' area. So far, that hasn't corrected the problem. I went into the 'settings' area, under apps. and selected google play store and emptied the cache and cleared the data also. Also, I went into CWM recovery area and cleared the dalvik cache...STILL no luck !! Any one have any suggestions for me ?
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
David :rolleyes:

Since you have done the build.prop modification AFTER a factory reset , the google playstore has identified it with a new id and gfid , What you need to do on your PC is to go to the paystore website and go to the bottom of the screen to and click on the "My Orders and Setting" and then click on the "settings" and find for your newly identified pad it will not be the same it will show you that the tab has been newly registered and the previous tab id you should uncheck it. Then test the tab that is being newly registered on the google store by downloading an app and it should immediately download on your tab from the pc install. then that is the new tab and uncheck the rest of the tab and leave only the new tab checked.
the build.prop must correctly id the tab as the original signature if that was compatible with your previous downloads.
  • msmerlinsmagic likes this
Z283 C93 H6 1.2Ghz 4.1.2
ZT280 Z102-K0-3M 512MB 900Mhz using h31a 282 Systems ROMS with modified systems files.
ZT280 C91-H1-2N 512mb 950MHZ
with 282 h31a ROM Files modified systems files.
ZT282 H3-1a (bricked PCB down graded to ZT280 C91 H1-2n)
M799 Ubertweaked Infotmic