PIPO M3-3G Only Has Limited 3G Capability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geofferyh

geofferyh

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

The PIPO M3 seems to be the best technical choice due to the 3G capibility that is built into it. I contacted PIPO Tech Support about this and found that the 3G feature is for data only. No voice capability other than Skype. Very bad decision on the part of PIPO.

However, since you need a SIM card and no voice other than Skype is possible; the 3G capability is almost a mute point. Who is going to pay the price for a dedicated cellphone service account that can only be used for data connections?

So far I cannot find a 10.1" tablet with full 3G GSM/WCDMA capability. Anyone know of any full 3G capable tablets?

#2 Acorian0

Acorian0

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

The PIPO M3 seems to be the best technical choice due to the 3G capibility that is built into it. I contacted PIPO Tech Support about this and found that the 3G feature is for data only. No voice capability other than Skype. Very bad decision on the part of PIPO.

However, since you need a SIM card and no voice other than Skype is possible; the 3G capability is almost a mute point. Who is going to pay the price for a dedicated cellphone service account that can only be used for data connections?

So far I cannot find a 10.1" tablet with full 3G GSM/WCDMA capability. Anyone know of any full 3G capable tablets?

Well i don't know where are you from, but in Portugal we have mobile providers that sell sim cards and you only pay what you use. Like if you use 1GB of data, you only pay that, nothing else...

So, in my case i think that's more than enough.

#3 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Who is going to pay the price for a dedicated cellphone service account

Same here, we don't have a "dedicated account", you just buy a random cheap sim card, costs under 0.5$ and you set it up for one of various internet plans with differing price ranges & speeds/quoatas. Then you're good to go with internet wherever you are rather than just wifi hotspots. While I would've enjoyed the added capability of phone service, I don't really know if I would use a 10" tablet for such a purpose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users