Screen bubbles. :(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Canuck77

Canuck77

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Ordered two Hyundai Rock X 800 tabs. One came in great shape, and one came with what appears to be a screen problem. Do I need to send this one back, or is it something that I can resolve myself?

There are two circles, one in the upper left corner, and one just off center to the right hand side. In addition, there looks to be "peeling" in the upper right corner.

Can anyone offer me some advice, please? It's a gift for my son, so I'll need to set the right expectations with him for tomorrow.

Pics attached to this to show the issues..

Overall picture:

Upper left corner:

Upper right corner:

Thanks, everyone!

dave

#2 Canuck77

Canuck77

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Pic fail. Sorry about that.

Let's try these:

Overall:

Attached File  IMG_1674.JPG   500.08KB   17 downloads

Top left:

Attached File  IMG_1675.JPG   533.41KB   16 downloads

Center:

Attached File  IMG_1678.JPG   493.57KB   13 downloads

Top right:

Attached File  IMG_1679.JPG   528.73KB   12 downloads

#3 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Tablets come with a stuck on screen protector. It is sticky on the one side like tape. Both my U30GT-H & N80 had this. Not sure if my i7 had it or not. Just peel it away and clean the display with cloth sprayed with Windex. I have done this for my tablets. Better to have direct contact with the display anyways instead of using a screen protector.

Your pics are bad quality and hard to make out what is going on but I am fairly certain that is your problem.

A touch screen using strong glass should be able to handle very tiny to minor scratches on its own. That is the only thing a screen protector is there for.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#4 Canuck77

Canuck77

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hahaha... I fail once again. You're right - it was just the screen protector. :)

Sorry about that. Hope my stupidity put a smile on someone's face before Christmas. :)

Thanks, Nickos, for the reply and for not making fun of me. :)

#5 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thanks, Nickos, for the reply and for not making fun of me. :)

Hey, no problem. I have been there too.

I did not realize there was an "extra" screen protector on my U30GT either and thought I had scratched up the display a few months back trying to fix the broken buttons on mine. Then I read someone else's post and figured out the tablet companies use a "sticky" screen protector too.

Screen protectors are kinda useless on these newer, stronger touch screens. The old ones would scratch up kinda easily. New touch screens tend to use stronger glass which is better at resisting tiny or minor scratches. Though, should always take good care of the tablet to avoid any scratches from even happening.

Enjoy your tablets!!!

Later,

Edited by Nickos-V, 24 December 2012 - 02:03 PM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).