• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 pierwiastekz2

pierwiastekz2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well, I decided to start a new topic because I couldn't find any quick, fast and easy information, or way to fix YouTube on Cyanogenmod (version 10, I don't know what about 10.1).
What the issue was about: YouTube app installed from Google Play Store won't load movies. It starts, shows miniatures, when you tap it, it pretends to start loading (rotating loading symbol) and then it show information that app has to be shut cause it stopped working, it was even worse with "weakly" performing flash (no matter if I use android browser, nor firefox beta).
After a quick research I found Dark Elf thread with a solution, and link to an apk file. It helped, but - every time I tried to change volume, a pop-up've showed up saying that YouTube app stopped working, even though it wasn't running foreground. Pretty annoying.

I did deeper research this time, and tried several found solutions. I found this thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1529715 , but the newest version didn't work either, I dig deeper and found perfectly working apk! It could be found here - http://d-h.st/users/...d_id=5366#files - YT_4.1.47_v1.apk
Direct link - YT_4.1.47_v1.apk - 6.06 MB
What you have to do is uninstall YouTube app you've already installed, restart, install YT_4.1.47_v1 (I recommend another restart), and that's it.
It looks good, works great.

UPDATE - in most cases you'll need special app to uninstall stock baked YouTube app, like SD maid, or Root Uninstaller (easily found on play store).

I hope this helps anyone.

All thanks to theos0o from xda developers.

Edited by pierwiastekz2, 29 December 2012 - 07:02 AM.

• KokYong likes this
Ainol Crystal batch 1 (1209) with Crystal Clear ROM

#2 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

10.1 youtube works. But Netflix doesn't....

Same story with that crappy company.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#3 Tornade

Tornade

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for finding this youtube working versions... BTW, Nice UI on this one! But still have some problems... Every videos start in HQ or HD and it is stopping every 1-2 seconds, if i click on the Small HQ or HD button to see it in Low quality, that now working good. It look like it start playing the videos without a full buffer. Wi-fi speed it's good i'M having 18mbps.
ZT-280 C91 Running ICS 0306 (3N) (SOLD)
LG Optimus One running stock koodo
Samsung SG-T989D S2X running Jedi Mind Tricks X3
Ainol Novo 7 Crystal batch 2 (1108)

#4 Pasan

Pasan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

This is an issue even on stock rooted roms. It has to do with the recent youtube update. I have uninstalled it, the stock youtube app still works.

#5 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

youtube works on saturday's cm10 build, the last 4.1 build. I've fixed it :good:

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#6 Pasan

Pasan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Well, I decided to start a new topic because I couldn't find any quick, fast and easy information, or way to fix YouTube on Cyanogenmod (version 10, I don't know what about 10.1).
What the issue was about: YouTube app installed from Google Play Store won't load movies. It starts, shows miniatures, when you tap it, it pretends to start loading (rotating loading symbol) and then it show information that app has to be shut cause it stopped working, it was even worse with "weakly" performing flash (no matter if I use android browser, nor firefox beta).
After a quick research I found Dark Elf thread with a solution, and link to an apk file. It helped, but - every time I tried to change volume, a pop-up've showed up saying that YouTube app stopped working, even though it wasn't running foreground. Pretty annoying.

I did deeper research this time, and tried several found solutions. I found this thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1529715 , but the newest version didn't work either, I dig deeper and found perfectly working apk! It could be found here - http://d-h.st/users/...d_id=5366#files - YT_4.1.47_v1.apk
Direct link - YT_4.1.47_v1.apk - 6.06 MB
What you have to do is uninstall YouTube app you've already installed, restart, install YT_4.1.47_v1 (I recommend another restart), and that's it.
It looks good, works great.
I hope this helps anyone.

All thanks to theos0o from xda developers.

I had to use root uninstaller to remove the stock youtube app, and had to install the above as a system app otherwise it wouldn't install properly.

#7 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

youtube works on saturday's cm10 build, the last 4.1 build. I've fixed it :good:

Did you mod the actual youtube apk or did you have to change something in the firmware to get it working?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#8 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

It's an android modification, log the error and you'll see what you have to edit, but you have the extra smali step because you're not building from sources

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#9 pierwiastekz2

pierwiastekz2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I had to use root uninstaller to remove the stock youtube app, and had to install the above as a system app otherwise it wouldn't install properly.

I forgot about it, and you're right, I'll update first post, thanks

#10 KokYong

KokYong

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Just bought a crystal yesterday; have the same problem, after I update to the latest version via Google Play

S/N: 121208
Firmware : 1119

I tried to install a old version youtube apk (ver 4.0.8e), can play vids alright, but as soon as i press volument +/-, it will say youtube stop working...

#11 pierwiastekz2

pierwiastekz2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Just bought a crystal yesterday; have the same problem, after I update to the latest version via Google Play

S/N: 121208
Firmware : 1119

I tried to install a old version youtube apk (ver 4.0.8e), can play vids alright, but as soon as i press volument +/-, it will say youtube stop working...

I had the very same problem, uninstall youtube and try version I suggested in first post "YT_4.1.47_v1"

#12 Miziel

Miziel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hi! Is any way to have Yt like this?:

Posted Image
Motorola Defy &
Ainol Crystal 121208

#13 Miziel

Miziel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Found :)
https://www.dropbox....act/YouTube.apk

Works perfect :)
  • JJDoctor likes this
Motorola Defy &
Ainol Crystal 121208

#14 pierwiastekz2

pierwiastekz2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

didn't version from my link work exactly like that? :)

#15 Miziel

Miziel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

On my tab with 121208 and 1119 ROM this link from Your post: http://d-h.st/itM Looks like phone mode. After installing my link looks like in the picture in my post ;)
Motorola Defy &
Ainol Crystal 121208

#16 Olivia Calixto Lauritsen

Olivia Calixto Lauritsen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

having the same issue with stock rom too

regards
olivia calixto lauritsen

#17 david_barrett

david_barrett

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Found :)
https://www.dropbox....act/YouTube.apk

Works perfect :)

Thanks a lot ! I've been looking for a bug free youtube app for a long time..Great work :-)

#18 Daijoubu

Daijoubu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

YT_4.1.47_v1.apk works for me as well, getting HD on the TV
The latest 4.2.16 from the PlayStore crashes, haven't tried theos0o's 720p one though

#19 chexmix

chexmix

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

10.1 youtube works. But Netflix doesn't....

Is someone actively working on the Netflix issue? If not, I'll just delete the app -- I'm still in the "Free Trial," and don't want to start getting charged if this likely isn't going to work any time soon (or ever).

Just to be clear, this is not a whine, it's just a query for info. My hat is ever off to the developers who pour time into this stuff. :)

/Glenn

#20 Tornade

Tornade

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Is someone actively working on the Netflix issue? If not, I'll just delete the app -- I'm still in the "Free Trial," and don't want to start getting charged if this likely isn't going to work any time soon (or ever).

Just to be clear, this is not a whine, it's just a query for info. My hat is ever off to the developers who pour time into this stuff. :)

/Glenn

Christian Troy working on a fix for Netflix on Paranoid Android, he made a zip yesterday for testing purposes and still waiting for come back...

Here's the link

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__572530
ZT-280 C91 Running ICS 0306 (3N) (SOLD)
LG Optimus One running stock koodo
Samsung SG-T989D S2X running Jedi Mind Tricks X3
Ainol Novo 7 Crystal batch 2 (1108)