Android Tablets Forum banner

VIDO Yuandao/Window N90S

17K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  BrusJr 
#1 ·
The cheaper tablet from Yuandao with almost the same specs with Window N90II
I have order one from ali express and waiting for it.

Any one get this tablet and test it????

Thanks guys!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
NikosV posted he ordered one of these.
I had an order in for N90S but I cancelled that and went with N80 (non-IPS) instead. My N80 is now somewhere in Canada and slowly making its way to me. I should get it by Dec. 26/27.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I received an N90S yesterday, see my post here.

I had ordered an N70S so it was a bit of a surprise to get the N90S.

Even though it has only cost me US$100 I am generally unimpressed.

The viewing angle of the screen is not great but I find the colours and brightness fine for a budget tablet. Unfortunately it has one dead pixel and so far I haven't been able to fix it, I have just charged it again and will leave the colour flush app running until the battery dies and hope that that fixes it but I am not overly hopeful. Fortunately it is in the top right of the screen and the 6 year old who is getting this as a birthday present will never notice it!

The much bigger concern is the wifi. I don't know if it is connected to the aluminium back panel or not, but in any case the signal strength drops off rapidly as I move away from the router and in rooms where I can use my Cube U20GT or HP Touchpad the N90S has no signal. Also when I just went to check it again now it was showing "not in range" even though I was right beside the router and I needed to re-boot the tablet to re-establish wifi.

Build number is showing RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 rk30sdk-eng4.1.1 JRO03H20121123.192550 release-keys, not sure if that is the latest release for this tab?

Chrispy.

[edit] I just had the chance to pay around with this a little bit more, and for streaming from youtube I needed to be in the same room as the wifi router, not happy with the wifi performance at all...

#6 ·
I received an N90S yesterday, see my post here.
Viewing Angles will never be great unless you get IPS. Though MVA does pretty good too. I wonder if they used TN or MVA for the non-IPS display. TN has bad viewing angles.

The back is aluminum so that will affect signal strength. Though no idea how good or bad the WiFi antennae is. Both of those will impact the signal.

I have seen that some version of Jelly Bean gives a bad WiFi signal too.
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/911382

Search and you will find more. You either have to downgrade to ICS or wait for newer version to fix. I think 4.2 (or 4.1.2) may fix the WiFi?

#13 ·
I received an N90S just before Christmas - overall I want to like this tablet. Battery life is reasonable, except it still drops to nothing when the battery icon gets to about 30%.
The main issue as mentioned above is the wifi. Near the router is fine, go in to the next room and the signal fluctuates from strong to weak and back again over time. Whether it is strong or not though, the device does not connect to the network, just getting stuck at "connecting" or "authenticating".
The Ipad, Teclast and Onda tablets all connect easily to the network from this same location.
I have tried changing router channels, static IPs...frustrating! If I want to connect to the web I have to use my phone as a wifi hotspot from this room. I thought for a short while the static IP was going to solve my problem but I'm back to square one..does anyone know what the primary and secondary DNS numbers should be for this tablet? The default is 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I received an N90S just before Christmas - overall I want to like this tablet. Battery life is reasonable, except it still drops to nothing when the battery icon gets to about 30%.
The main issue as mentioned above is the wifi. Near the router is fine, go in to the next room and the signal fluctuates from strong to weak and back again over time.
Yuandao's battery meter is not accurate. Same happens with N80.

DNS should come from your Internet provider or do an Internet search for your Internet provider DNS #s. Contact your provider for that info or you can log into your ADSL/cable modem (or router?) and see that in there. Some people will put their router's IP as the DNS. It will work too but not proper way of doing it.

To fix WiFi:
a] replace tablet's antennae
b] change out back cover with plastic one or cut out area near antennae and glue in some type of "thick" plastic cut out.
c] newer firmware

I am using 4.1.1 on my N80 and WiFi is good on it. I have to assume the problem is either the antennae or metal back cover. Some people have complained about bad WiFi signal using 4.1 & 4.2 but I have not noticed this myself. But, I still have to do actual WiFi testing to know for sure.

Yuandao's only firmware for N90S is Nov 8, 2012.
"N90 dual-engine S-4.1.1-20,121,108"

Reactions: Ramsheed
#18 ·
I just recently brought this and just flash to the latest firmware. The problem I am having is that the rear camera option and the panorama option are missing in the Camera App. It was there and working before. Does anyone have a solution? Only one I could think of is having someone who got this tablet backup their firmware.
Thanks in Advance.

#20 ·
It' my first post here, so hello everyone!

I have a strange problem with my N90S. When the screen is turned off the clock app stops - it doesn't change time. So when I wake up the device it doesn't show current date and time, I have to set it manually in menu. Also "Automatic date and time" in the Date and Time menu doesn't work - it sets incorrect hour. How can i fix this?

#22 ·
I have a couple of questions.
Does everyone have a bad opinion of the screen? The youtube videos show a very good viewing angle on 2 videos that I watched.
Does the N90S have a tf card slot? It doesn't appear in the specs or the pics that I can tell.
How is the new firmware??
Thanks,
John

#27 ·
I know that you want to buy a China Android tablet, but you do not know which one is the best choice. There are many brands in China you can choose, and many tablets from them have the same configurations, such as Yuandao N101 and Cube U30GT. These two China Android tablets are almost the same except the different logo. So, which one is the best one? Let me analysis the different between Yuandao N101 and Cube U30GT.

#30 ·
Dont know about the clock app - just another flaw for this promising but ultimately very disappointing tablet.
I want to use and like my N90S however the ridiculously poor wifi reception makes it all but unusable for me - thats not to mention the random times shown on the clock (not too much an issue but annoying nonetheless) and the battery meter which crashes to zero once it reaches about 40%.

I wish I had just bought a cheapie 8" onda tablet like I got my kids - they are much better than this thing.

Has there been any new firmware to address the issues of this lemon?

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey! :( I badly need help.

I have N90S here, At first, I flashed the recovery for N90 II which I though is also for N90S. :( I'm new to this device. SO I did not notice that N90 II and N90S weren't the same device as I thought they were. So after flashing, the device booted up but it shows no boot animation and it shows faulty linings near the side of the tab and seconds after it shows CWM based recovery v5.5.0.4, I noticed that it redirected to recovery instead of normal boot. Then I knew that it was faulty and I flashed the wrong thing and every time I reboot the device it automatically redirects to recovery, so I'm stuck in the recovery bootloop.

I have downloaded the latest firmware for N90S which is this N90双擎S-4.1-20130318. The only problem now is how to flash the image. Because it keeps on rebooting on recovery and the device isn't detected. I researched about this device and all. So thanks for the help. :)

UPDATE: I just got it working just 10minutes ago. So, I was confused, really. :db: Okay, I pressed "Volume +" then connected the cable from the device to the computer. To my surprise it detected. I solved it by flashing the firmware using Rockchip Batch Tool v1.5 or RKBatchTool.exe :D

#33 ·
Hello to all. I have YuanDao Vido T22 tablet witch constantly reboot. I opened it and on motherboard is written:
N90-S-RK3188--V2.0
2013-05-17

and on chip:
Rockchip 3168.

I tried to flash with firmware for YuanDao N90 II, but in Rockchip batch tool (v1.8) always get error for wrong chip (firmware is for RK30, or RK31 depend on firmware image). Then I tried firmware for Rockchip 3168 for model N70 and in Rockchip batch tool it went all right and for chip it says RK300B.

I still can see tablet in Rockchip batch tool, but tablet wouldn's start.

Can someone help me what firmware to flash in this tablet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.