New firmwares?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Miggi84

Miggi84

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I recently bought my tablet and it has that 1211tm firmware as stock. Does that mean I can directly switch to the new CM 10.1 rom? I still have that popping sound (which I can live with) but I do want to be able to run the Netflix app without doing a workaround.

Hey entity1,
can you please make a backup of your stock rom with twrp and upload it somewhere?
I am currently running the CM10.1 but would prefer the stock flame version over this fire version...
the flame version did not have all these chinese apps...

Yes, you should be fine with the CM10.1 and new compatibility file.

#42 Garrie

Garrie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

thnks everyone for all the help

#43 entity1

entity1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hey entity1,
can you please make a backup of your stock rom with twrp and upload it somewhere?
I am currently running the CM10.1 but would prefer the stock flame version over this fire version...
the flame version did not have all these chinese apps...

Yes, you should be fine with the CM10.1 and new compatibility file.

i don't know if i can help you there since i too have the chinese apps you speak of and when i do my startup it says ainol novo fire (even if i did order a flame).
i just used the nobloat app to back up and delete the chinese stuff.
  • Miggi84 likes this

#44 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Here's a link for the 1212 QM firmware I could only download the firmware from a russian site .
http://d-h.st/4X5

Edited by Tango One, 05 January 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#45 gr227x

gr227x

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

HI lads, just got a fire before Christmas it has 1211tm firmware, everything is working great Netflix Skype mic is fine, small pop at start-up but very faint, only problem is network link speed is only 65kMbps max. I looked thought this whole form and can not find any post about the max speed. I thought this was fixed in this tablet, when I ran Fing it is showing network chip as ampak technology, I thought these tablets had Broadcom chips, Thanks for any help

#46 Garrie

Garrie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Here's a link for the 1212 QM firmware I could only download the firmware from a russian site .
http://d-h.st/4X5

Is this a good firmware?

#47 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Is this a good firmware?

Haven't got a chance to use it yet. I'm still running Flambe V10

#48 Miggi84

Miggi84

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

i don't know if i can help you there since i too have the chinese apps you speak of and when i do my startup it says ainol novo fire (even if i did order a flame).
i just used the nobloat app to back up and delete the chinese stuff.

Thanks for trying... I will live with cm10.1 :-)

#49 bidouille1

bidouille1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Thanks to everyone

I previously flash an old firmware and i can flash the good one "1211tm firmware" just reading your post and follow the instructions.

#50 Batman72

Batman72

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. I just bought the Novo 7 Fire which came with the stock firmware. I was thinking of upgrading it to CM10.1. I followed the instructions and was trying to understand how to boot into TWRP recovery. I have downloaded TWRP_v2.3.3.0_fire-tm.zip.

Some posts says to ask me to copy the uImage_recovery to the root directory of the SDcard. I've down that, shut down the Fire, then pressed - Volume + Power button, however, the device will only boot to the default recovery menu and not the TWRP one. Which step did I do wrong?

#51 Billcnz

Billcnz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. I just bought the Novo 7 Fire which came with the stock firmware. I was thinking of upgrading it to CM10.1. I followed the instructions and was trying to understand how to boot into TWRP recovery. I have downloaded TWRP_v2.3.3.0_fire-tm.zip.

Some posts says to ask me to copy the uImage_recovery to the root directory of the SDcard. I've down that, shut down the Fire, then pressed - Volume + Power button, however, the device will only boot to the default recovery menu and not the TWRP one. Which step did I do wrong?

You are best to ask this question on the CM10.1 thread in the firmware and development sub forum as TWRP can't be used on a stock ROM so it will confuse people in this thread. Also you will need the version of TWRP that has compatibility with 1 GB system partition. The sdcard you refer to should be the removable microsd not internal SD. There are some generic brands of microsd that don't work for booting to recovery but most cards formatted fat32 and with the uImage_recovery in the root directory will work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#52 highotguest

highotguest

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

20121216G005679

looks like it, no other firmware other than the on in the link works, anyone knows how to get GAPPS working ?

Thisworking for this rom,I tested for my fire"qm"

#53 Oldfella2

Oldfella2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Running Flambe 15 on Novo7 Fire but have lost screen rotate, this unit is only 2 weeks old so presume has latest screen and sensor. Have also tried Feiyu 103 but also no rotate. Is this fixable at present?

#54 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

One (if knowledgeable enough) might try to fix it by just transplanting the kernel containing the correct accel driver. AFAICT Feiyu kernels support the 2GB partitioning scheme which Flambe 15 has adopted - while recent CT kernels don't.

#55 Oldfella2

Oldfella2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

One (if knowledgeable enough) might try to fix it by just transplanting the kernel containing the correct accel driver. AFAICT Feiyu kernels support the 2GB partitioning scheme which Flambe 15 has adopted - while recent CT kernels don't.

As my knowledge is negligable decided to go with CM10.1 with compatibility file & GApps. Took a few attempts but now working and gravity sensor working.

Many thanks to Slatedroid forum.

Edited by Oldfella2, 27 January 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#56 agoez

agoez

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Running Flambe 15 on Novo7 Fire but have lost screen rotate, this unit is only 2 weeks old so presume has latest screen and sensor. Have also tried Feiyu 103 but also no rotate. Is this fixable at present?

I have a same question with you,
I have search at google but still can't find the answers

#57 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone got a link to stock firmware for for 20121216G TM screen

#58 ladyautumn

ladyautumn

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I added this patch (For the Play Store and some other apps) to the SDCard and edited the factory_update_param.aml file by removing the line "--copy_custom_files=/sdcard/mediafile".

The ROM is working very well, I did not see any problems so far, it has Google Play Store, Gtalk and some other chinese apps which I disabled. No popping sounds or buzzing screen. The accelerometer works OK (It did not work with CM 10.1 or Feiyu 1031).

Version Number: 20121211tm

Hi,
Is this firmware applicable in Novo 7 Flame TM screen? Please confirm. Thanks. :)

#59 Oldfella2

Oldfella2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi,
Is this firmware applicable in Novo 7 Flame TM screen? Please confirm. Thanks. :)

JohnTzig, on 30 December 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:
I added this patch (For the Play Store and some other apps) to the SDCard and edited the factory_update_param.aml file by removing the line "--copy_custom_files=/sdcard/mediafile".

The ROM is working very well, I did not see any problems so far, it has Google Play Store, Gtalk and some other chinese apps which I disabled. No popping sounds or buzzing screen. The accelerometer works OK (It did not work with CM 10.1 or Feiyu 1031).

Screenshot_2012-12-29-18-10-30.png

Yes works on TM screen, I am running this at present as CM10.1 had problems with camera, images would not save though appeared to be working (shutter sound etc). Tried upgrading to latest version CM10.1 but unit stuck on Cyanogen start screen forever. Tried wiping all caches etc but no luck so now using Tiamen with Apps patch. Works well.

Have question for this ROM. My E169 3g dongle is not recognised. As I do not have expertise in development is there a patch, similar to the Goggle Apps applied to this ROM or some way to incorporate older 3g dongles?
I tried Flambe15, the E169 worked perfectly but gravity sensor not working. Seems E169 OK for Android but not the later ROM's.

Edit

WaHOO!! Not quite sure how but my E169 dongle is now working on my Novo7 Fire on above FW!!
I think I saw somewhere that FW on the dongle updated automatically through Mobile Partner ( inbuilt software on the dongle). I deleted Mobile Partner from my trusty XP computer, then reconnected dongle and setup Mobile Partener again on the computer. I THINK but do not know, that the FW was also updated (I had google searched for new FW but only got incompatible ones).

Next reconnected to Fire via OTG cable, seached, found and auto connected to network (Optus) went to New APN entered details for provider, waited short time, able to select Exetel. Turned off WiFi, waited some more, tried internet & it connected!!

One VERY happy chappy.

Hope this may help some other person searching for similar problem.

Edited by Oldfella2, 28 January 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#60 Dreamer

Dreamer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi mr! im new in here, my name is Leandro im from Argentina, and i have some questions to you

My ainol fire has the next information from factory

kernel version

3.08-g18eb551-dirty

compilation number

20120907tm

and it have the china apps and popping audio when it wake up...

This will work with my unit? just simply put the file into a micro sd card and power with power button + volume down and it will flash it?

It is multi language? i need spanish

and the patch how i can apply it?

thank you very much for your help and sorry for my english!!!