• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 JohnTzig

JohnTzig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'll try uploading it to Gdrive, in the mean time anyone knows how to install the complete GApps ? or can we extract just the kernel and apply it to another firmware ?

As soon as I get it, I'll try to do this.

#22 Miggi84

Miggi84

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Here it is...
http://uploaded.net/file/vgpifhxp

If you need it somewhere else just let me know...
  • guswolf likes this

#23 JohnTzig

JohnTzig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Thanks. I downloaded it. I will try to port feiyu 1031 on this kernel and get back with the results

#24 JohnTzig

JohnTzig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Here it is...
http://uploaded.net/file/vgpifhxp

If you need it somewhere else just let me know...

I added this patch (For the Play Store and some other apps) to the SDCard and edited the factory_update_param.aml file by removing the line "--copy_custom_files=/sdcard/mediafile".

The ROM is working very well, I did not see any problems so far, it has Google Play Store, Gtalk and some other chinese apps which I disabled. No popping sounds or buzzing screen. The accelerometer works OK (It did not work with CM 10.1 or Feiyu 1031).

Version Number: 20121211tm

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-12-29-18-10-30.png   118.6KB   230 downloads

Edited by JohnTzig, 29 December 2012 - 12:46 PM.

• Miggi84 likes this

#25 Miggi84

Miggi84

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Thank you for the hint with the patch,
everything works fine now!

Edit:
Here the link for the complete update plus "--copy_custom_files=/sdcard/mediafile" removed as supposed by JohnTzig (thanks again!)
http://ul.to/zd4mjum6

Edited by Miggi84, 29 December 2012 - 03:25 PM.

• cigam likes this

#26 hasitha96pro

hasitha96pro

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

I added this patch (For the Play Store and some other apps) to the SDCard and edited the factory_update_param.aml file by removing the line "--copy_custom_files=/sdcard/mediafile".

The ROM is working very well, I did not see any problems so far, it has Google Play Store, Gtalk and some other chinese apps which I disabled. No popping sounds or buzzing screen. The accelerometer works OK (It did not work with CM 10.1 or Feiyu 1031).

Version Number: 20121211tm

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-12-29-18-10-30.png   118.6KB   230 downloads

Does your patch work for QM screens . Really appreciate your work on making the tablets better

#27 Miggi84

Miggi84

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

No this patch only works for the tm screens.
The second link in the first post, you can try if it is up again.

Gesendet von meinem Novo7Fire mit Tapatalk 2

#28 JohnTzig

JohnTzig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Does your patch work for QM screens . Really appreciate your work on making the tablets better

I do not own a Flame with QM screen to test it, but by seeing the file for QM screens, it already has the patch and mediafile folder built-in. So there is no need for the patch.

You should only use these firmwares though only if you have one of the latest batch of Fires/Flames with the new accelerometer, (with a serial number beginning with 201212) as i do not know if it supports the earlier models.

Edited by JohnTzig, 30 December 2012 - 03:12 AM.

#29 Ali DSD

Ali DSD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

I just installed this new firmware, seems to be running stable. Previously I was using 1031 without only battery percentage problem.
I am excited to see that does this firmware also have battery percentage problem ?

thanks for patch file.

#30 batfastad

batfastad

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I've just got an Ainol Fire with a serial number in the format 20121216Gxxxxxx

I just tried this firmware but only used it briefly. Seemed good though. Mine's got a Bosch BMA250 accelerometer chip in which I believe is the one that's supported by previous firmwares.

This latest one still didn't include Google Calendar sync so I've gone over to CM 10.1 and that works as well.

Cheers, B

#31 bloody.angel

bloody.angel

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

JohnTzig and Miggi84, Thank you, the patch for the Google Apps works great, still have a popping sound sometimes, but I can live with that, BTW what app did you use to check the Accelerometer Chip ? I tried install accelerometer sensor app and it didn't show me the chip information

#32 JohnTzig

JohnTzig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

JohnTzig and Miggi84, Thank you, the patch for the Google Apps works great, still have a popping sound sometimes, but I can live with that, BTW what app did you use to check the Accelerometer Chip ? I tried install accelerometer sensor app and it didn't show me the chip information

I used Android System Info and Find Sensors, but it seems that the sensor chip information was false. They report the sensor as Bosch BMA250 3-axis (0.2 mA by Bosch) (the old sensor) but all other ROMS I tested (Feiyu 1031 and CM 10.1) except the stock one and the one mentioned in this thread here did not work with my sensor.

Edited by JohnTzig, 31 December 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#33 JohnTzig

JohnTzig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Good news everyone! Christian Troy has released a new CM10.1 compatibility zip based on 1211 stock ROM, supporting the new accelerator sensors.

More info here in the firmware section.

I just tested it and so far its OK with my device.
  • Miggi84 likes this

#34 cigam

cigam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Thank you for the hint with the patch,
everything works fine now!

Edit:
Here the link for the complete update plus "--copy_custom_files=/sdcard/mediafile" removed as supposed by JohnTzig (thanks again!)
http://ul.to/zd4mjum6

Can i get an alt. download link..
i have slow connection & download fails while downloading from everytime " http://uploaded.net/file/zd4mjum6 "..
thanks in advance..

#35 hultai

hultai

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

There is no reason to change one rom to another unless the new one is better So please write why this rom seems to be better
:-)

#36 bloody.angel

bloody.angel

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

thyx for the info john

#37 cigam

cigam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

ALT LINK PLZZZ. M WAITING.. MY FLAME CAME WITH 0918TM & THE MOTION SENSORS WHILE PLAYING SUKS.. IT HAS A VIRTUAL JERKING EFFECT. THIS TAB IS A REPLACED ONE ,, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM EARLIER. HOPEFULLY THIS FIRMWARE SOLVES THE ISSUE..

#38 Miggi84

Miggi84

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Can i get an alt. download link..
i have slow connection & download fails while downloading from everytime " http://uploaded.net/file/zd4mjum6 "..
thanks in advance..

Here you go...
http://www.share-onl...z/dl/PV2C8YFMVK

#39 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

What was the last QM fire firmware release? I take it this one is no good for mine?

Edited by Tango One, 15 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#40 entity1

entity1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I recently bought my tablet and it has that 1211tm firmware as stock. Does that mean I can directly switch to the new CM 10.1 rom? I still have that popping sound (which I can live with) but I do want to be able to run the Netflix app without doing a workaround.