#1 hungi

hungi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hi,

After a successful flashing of an official firmware to my new ICOU7 tablet (Amlogic 8726-MX based) the tablet is completely dead.
No logo, no backlight, nothing. I tried to charging for a day too...
Can someone recommend a way to resurrect it? I can solder if thats what i need. Is there any factory method to forcefully reflash it?

Sorry for ask in this thread but as i see the biggest manufacturer with this soc is ainol, so please if you can recommend something let me know :)

Edited by hungi, 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Wayteq XPad-70; OEM Allwinner A10 tablets (LY-F1, A7, N30); Ainol Elf II, Crystal; Ampe A85Q; Onda v811 (quad)

#2 Jotinha

Jotinha

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationParaibuna-SP, Brazil

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

You can find many ways to unbrick your device. One of them is the right way for your issue.
Here is a link to get you started.

http://www.slatedroi...-ainol-crystal/

The methods used in this link are for a Ainol Crystal that uses the same processor of your device.
Remember for any method you should use only your device firware to proceed unbrick.
Be patient and search for other methods if necessary.
  • fuser-invent likes this

#3 hungi

hungi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

You can find many ways to unbrick your device. One of them is the right way for your issue.
Here is a link to get you started.

http://www.slatedroi...-ainol-crystal/

The methods used in this link are for a Ainol Crystal that uses the same processor of your device.
Remember for any method you should use only your device firware to proceed unbrick.
Be patient and search for other methods if necessary.

Thanks, but i already checked that page.
My problem is that the tablet dont show up as M3-CHIP or M6-CHIP in my PC (or as any device). Is there any tool to put the tablet into a flashable state?
Wayteq XPad-70; OEM Allwinner A10 tablets (LY-F1, A7, N30); Ainol Elf II, Crystal; Ampe A85Q; Onda v811 (quad)

#4 joostboonstra

joostboonstra

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thanks, but i already checked that page.
My problem is that the tablet dont show up as M3-CHIP or M6-CHIP in my PC (or as any device). Is there any tool to put the tablet into a flashable state?

Hi,

Had the same problem after flashing it with a costum novo 7 firmware.

1. You must crack it open desolder the battery "only the red wire"
2. Than shorten the so called " TF-Boot " pins on the PCB.
3. Take an usb cable and connect it to a pc.

If it doesn't work the 1-st time tray it again don't gif up.
That way i got it working again.

#5 loefflerg

loefflerg

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

pls... explain ... shorten the so called " TF-Boot " pins on the PCB

#6 hungi

hungi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

pls... explain ... shorten the so called " TF-Boot " pins on the PCB

You need to close the circuit's pins with soldering and wires. Its like an on/off switch.

#7 loefflerg

loefflerg

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

...sorry... pls explain which chip pins. tried googling tf-boot pins but nothing. can you show pics ... drawing ... something. I have already opened case, disconnected red wire ... just need to know which pins are tf-boot. thx.

#8 hungi

hungi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

...sorry... pls explain which chip pins. tried googling tf-boot pins but nothing. can you show pics ... drawing ... something. I have already opened case, disconnected red wire ... just need to know which pins are tf-boot. thx.

Because every board is different (and you didnt tell us what is your tablet), the best if you attach a high resolution picture from the board.
Someone can tell you surely :)

#9 loefflerg

loefflerg

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Here is a link to the Ainol Mars PCB that is in my units... looking for tf-boot pins to short.

Ainol Mars PCB

#10 DarkLotus

DarkLotus

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

http://www.vlctech.c...120912114R5.pdf Pin out for the AML-8726-M3, not sure if its the latest doc, but theres been pin out revisions by the look of it.

http://tabreview.ru/...f_mainboard.pdf Reference board design.
Hopefully one can help you.

#11 hungi

hungi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hi,

Had the same problem after flashing it with a costum novo 7 firmware.

1. You must crack it open desolder the battery "only the red wire"
2. Than shorten the so called " TF-Boot " pins on the PCB.
3. Take an usb cable and connect it to a pc.

If it doesn't work the 1-st time tray it again don't gif up.
That way i got it working again.

Thank you for your help. I made progress with shorten the TF_BOOT pins. Now i can see M3-CHIP, and installed the drivers from Aml flash tool folders.

Sadly my tablet still doesnt see/flash the update from sd card.
Do i need to undo the tf_boot shortening to do it? Do i need to re-solder the red power wire to do it?

I tried to make it with the Aml flash tool. However im stuck at the flashing process :(
I found the required config_progress.xml in the application folder (Is it universal for all tablets?)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<progress_configs>
<command sn="0" path="usb_spl.bin" address="0xd9000000" run="true">load spl</command>
<command sn="1" path="u-boot-orig.bin" address="0x8f800000" run="false">load uboot</command>
<command sn="2" >crc 0x8f800000 size value</command>
<command sn="3" >run 0x8f800000</command>
<command sn="4">set_chgcur 0</command>
<command sn="5">video dev bl_off</command>
<command sn="6">video dev disable</command>
<command sn="7">sf probe 2</command>
<command sn="8">sf erase 0 100000</command>
<command sn="9">nand erase 4000000</command>
<command sn="10">defenv</command>
<command sn="11">setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=600000000</command>
<command sn="12" cmd="setenv recovery_command --usb_burning" address="0x82000000">load addr</command>
<command sn="13">cmd_in_mem 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="14">save</command>
<command sn="15" path="uImage_recovery" address="0x82000000" run="false">load uimage</command>
<command sn="16" >crc 0x82000000 size value</command>
<command sn="17">bootm 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="18">wipe_data</command>
<command sn="19">wipe_cache</command>
<command sn="20" count="150">update:update.zip</command>
<command sn="21">copy_media</command>
<command sn="22">shutdown</command>
</progress_configs>

My problem now is that the original firmware doesn't contains usb_spl.bin and u-boot-orig.bin, only these:
  • factory_update_param.aml
  • u-boot.bin
  • uImage_recovery
  • update.zip

Can i substitute them from another firmware package? For example Aurora II? Or can i use another firmware package, only with replacing the zip file to my icoo icou7 update.zip?
Update: i tried with the missing files from a Flame firmware.
When the usb_spl.bin is copied, then the program told me that i need to remove and reconnect the tablet, but after that the uboot loading is not successful :( Any toughts?

Edited by hungi, 08 January 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#12 Kleimo

Kleimo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thank you for your help. I made progress with shorten the TF_BOOT pins. Now i can see M3-CHIP, and installed the drivers from Aml flash tool folders.

Sadly my tablet still doesnt see/flash the update from sd card.
Do i need to undo the tf_boot shortening to do it? Do i need to re-solder the red power wire to do it?

I tried to make it with the Aml flash tool. However im stuck at the flashing process :(
I found the required config_progress.xml in the application folder (Is it universal for all tablets?)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<progress_configs>
<command sn="0" path="usb_spl.bin" address="0xd9000000" run="true">load spl</command>
<command sn="1" path="u-boot-orig.bin" address="0x8f800000" run="false">load uboot</command>
<command sn="2" >crc 0x8f800000 size value</command>
<command sn="3" >run 0x8f800000</command>
<command sn="4">set_chgcur 0</command>
<command sn="5">video dev bl_off</command>
<command sn="6">video dev disable</command>
<command sn="7">sf probe 2</command>
<command sn="8">sf erase 0 100000</command>
<command sn="9">nand erase 4000000</command>
<command sn="10">defenv</command>
<command sn="11">setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=600000000</command>
<command sn="12" cmd="setenv recovery_command --usb_burning" address="0x82000000">load addr</command>
<command sn="13">cmd_in_mem 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="14">save</command>
<command sn="15" path="uImage_recovery" address="0x82000000" run="false">load uimage</command>
<command sn="16" >crc 0x82000000 size value</command>
<command sn="17">bootm 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="18">wipe_data</command>
<command sn="19">wipe_cache</command>
<command sn="20" count="150">update:update.zip</command>
<command sn="21">copy_media</command>
<command sn="22">shutdown</command>
</progress_configs>

My problem now is that the original firmware doesn't contains usb_spl.bin and u-boot-orig.bin, only these:

• factory_update_param.aml
  • u-boot.bin
  • uImage_recovery
  • update.zip

Can i substitute them from another firmware package? For example Aurora II? Or can i use another firmware package, only with replacing the zip file to my icoo icou7 update.zip?
Update: i tried with the missing files from a Flame firmware.
When the usb_spl.bin is copied, then the program told me that i need to remove and reconnect the tablet, but after that the uboot loading is not successful :( Any toughts?

Can you tell what the TF_BOOT pins numbers were and where to locate them? Thanks!

edit: found this link http://www.mediafire...9evxegidlmnvlm
Going to try that asap!

edit2: tested and seems to work! My device was totally bricked no light or anything. Needed to short the two pins on the chip for windows to recognize.

Edited by Kleimo, 10 January 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#13 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Can you tell what the TF_BOOT pins numbers were and where to locate them? Thanks!

edit: found this link http://www.mediafire...9evxegidlmnvlm
Going to try that asap!

edit2: tested and seems to work! My device was totally bricked no light or anything. Needed to short the two pins on the chip for windows to recognize.

in crystal 7

hello i try short two pics ans its ok,but idont made de desolder wire red. and then when turnoff tablet and turnon again its no recognmized.
every timein nedd to short two pics for recognized.

what is the order correct ?
disolder wirered
solder again wire red
short two pics
and then turno off and without short two pics its recognized?

thanks and regards

#14 danielboy

danielboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

sorry someone could help me with my tablet Newpad S1, I have the problem that you mime

Annex I picture my tablet

#15 Digital_def

Digital_def

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

sorry someone could help me with my tablet Newpad S1, I have the problem that you mime

Annex I picture my tablet

Sorry!
Here Ainol Amlogic CPU Devices
Not Newsmy Devices

#16 drmurti

drmurti

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Dear All,

I am also stuck and need to find the TF-BOOT Pins. Please can you help me identifying which the correct ones are ?

I tried the 5th and 6th pins of Hynix Flash memory but it didn't help.

This is a Polypad 8208.

System doesnt start, no display, no driver found. Need deep unbrick.

The PCB is attached for your attention.

Regards,
dRM

Attached Files

#17 chepito

chepito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

It may help someone. How to repair a "deep hard" bricked Ainol Fire. My story here

#18 erhan14

erhan14

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

It may help someone. How to repair a "deep hard" bricked Ainol Fire. My story here

I need the required files for the ainol novo 7 mars for flashing with AmlogicBurningTool
Thanks

#19 otaku_dread

otaku_dread

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi everybody, thanks for accept my registration in this website

I have a big problem. My tablet is a "yifang gasem712mc 4.0.4" (really is called master-g gpad g710c, maybe is a clon of a bq pascal 2, but my tablet have a m3-chip). Don't have a reset button. I try to load a alternative rom, but all process go very bad, in the screen i see artifacts and after that the tablet power on but i can see anything, all the screen is black.

When i connect the tablet in my laptop, windows says "m3-chip" hardware found. I search in google and i found "amlogicburningtool v1.6.2.0128 with drivers for m3-chip". M3-chip is now "worldcup device" and amlogicburnintool display the tablet as connected.

I looking for a stock rom (hard reset), but when i load the file into the software, then i select "erase nand" and "import upgrade file" and "autoburn fimrwar after erase nand", the logs says:

load spl...
write data to ram failed!

I need to repair this tablet can help me please? i tired trying to fix it... plz

#20 ace4u

ace4u

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

First of all, gud morning to all of you, could pls. help me, my ainol novo7 Venus got deep-brick after playing some android games, I was really frustrated because I was only able to use it for only 2weeks and it's already been 5months now and I really don't know what to do.... T_T

Pls. pls, help me...

thank you very much!