• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 admonisher

admonisher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

decided to try the ICS version, but wifi just randomly disconnects, even with the icon at full bars and blue. Same thing was happening with stock jb firmware. All my other android devices have no problem, so it's not the router. I've seen other v971 users with similar problem, any one have a solution?

I have the same exact situation. I wish Onda would put as much effort into making great firmware as they do making great quality build for their tablets.
I will never buy another Onda again

#22 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I have the same exact situation. I wish Onda would put as much effort into making great firmware as they do making great quality build for their tablets.
I will never buy another Onda again

It is really annoying, to the point of not using the tablet. My momo12 is sooooo much better it's not funny.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

JXD S7800B

#23 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I tried a few different apps from the playstore that came up for a search of "wifi fix". Can't say which one did anything, but after a reboot, the wifi seems somewhat more stable. I'll run it for a couple days, but I still think it could be better.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

JXD S7800B

#24 Cantastorie

Cantastorie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Valkoz, do you think it be possible to include bluetooth support to this tablet in order to manage a BT USB dongle or a USB GPS dongle??

Cantastorie
  • romtelefon likes this

#25 mikeoke

mikeoke

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Valkoz, I tried your custom firmware on my 971T but flashing got stuck in loop.
After I removed SDcard the tablet screen was white but I got back my original firmware.

I am new to rom development but can I use your rom to rebuild it for 971T or downloaden original and create custom rom from this download?

Have received comment from other user that build 971 is different from 971T
Now have created rom with kitchen from Valkoz. Combined his custom rom with onda 971t JB rom

Thanks, Mike

Edited by mikeoke, 03 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#26 blacktabak

blacktabak

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

How do you install the jellybean Custom ROM? Tried installing it through SD Card but it won't get past the white robot..

#27 JonoAndroidNerd

JonoAndroidNerd

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

I described similar steps in V712 firmware updates on Page 2. Hope it helps.

#28 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Uploaded custom ICS / JB ROMs version en05 (install from SD-card) + Resque Firmware (install from PC).

Links in the header.

Connor
don't want to argue - want to discuss

#29 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Uploaded custom ICS / JB ROMs version en05 (install from SD-card) + Resque Firmware (install from PC).

Links in the header.

Connor

great!!

i hope this will fix the "sleep of death" bug i've been having since i bought my tablet for X-mas (tablet doesn't come back from stand-by, i must reboot each time, so annoying!)

#30 Bobses

Bobses

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

Thank you very much, valkoz! I installed JB on Allview Alldro 3 Speed Duo (http://www.allview.r...-duo/descriere/) - this is ONDA 971 - and everything seems to work great!

Edit: anyway, there is a little problem: back camera doesn't work (green screen). Front camera seems to be ok.

Edited by Bobses, 13 March 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#31 andy2013

andy2013

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hello valkoz! great stuff. I really like the custom ICS but there is a little problem.I hear some little pops out of the speakers when i listen to something (music, game audio) can it be solved anyway? not having this issue with JB custom rom

#32 monographix

monographix

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Thank you!

"iiDiabolusZz's ROOT technique" is very complex to me.

To obtain root you need simply place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script.

As a matter of fact, latest factory firmware is factory rooted, you do not need to root it.

And yes, JB custom firmware is rooted.

I uploaded ICS ROM because JB has much battery drain (not only ONDA firmware, it's total JB bug; for somebody it's important.

Connor

- Can someone maybe elaborate for me [noob] on "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script."
- Does all the above mean that the 2.1 firmware for V971T as posted on http://www.onda-sale.com/download/ is rooted ?
- Can i use this custom ICS for V971T?

#33 andy2013

andy2013

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

- Can someone maybe elaborate for me [noob] on "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script."
- Does all the above mean that the 2.1 firmware for V971T as posted on http://www.onda-sale.com/download/ is rooted ?

V971T is not the same with the V971D so no i don't think you would be able to use ICS or JB Custom ROM, but you can try an original firmaware from the onda site, from what i heard they already come rooted you just have to download from the playstore SuperUser or SuperSU

#34 monographix

monographix

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

- How can i tell which firmware is my V971T already? The latest on onda site appears to be "2.1" for V971T, if the one installed on my 971T (bought last week new) is the same version, is there a chance the "2.1" up on Onda site for download to be a rooted while the installed 2.1 is not?

- "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script." sounds like something easy and possibly save me all the hassle to find and make sense of the instructions all on chinese ( http://www.onda-tablet.com/news/ ? ) for a firmware update process that i am not sure is rooted and while everything seems to work fine so far with the tablet? is "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script." that can be done with my tablet being unrooted as it is now? and how exactly is "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script." is being done?

#35 andy2013

andy2013

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

- How can i tell which firmware is my V971T already? The latest on onda site appears to be "2.1" for V971T, if the one installed on my 971T (bought last week new) is the same version, is there a chance the "2.1" up on Onda site for download to be a rooted while the installed 2.1 is not?

- "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script." sounds like something easy and possibly save me all the hassle to find and make sense of the instructions all on chinese ( http://www.onda-tablet.com/news/ ? ) for a firmware update process that i am not sure is rooted and while everything seems to work fine so far with the tablet? is "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script." that can be done with my tablet being unrooted as it is now? and how exactly is "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script." is being done?

I don't know if i am allowed to post an external link to a root solution so i'm apologizing if i am breaking any rules
Does your device has physical volume butons? i have V971D and mine doesn't if you don't have i think it will be easy to do: you need a 2 or 4 gb microSD card formated as FAT32.You download this http://db.tt/ZiagiD6n and you unzip it to your card(2 files), then with your tablet fully closed put the card inside and simultaneously press first home button and then the power button keep them pressed together till a green robot apears then you may stop pressing the buttons this should go very fast after completion it will automatically restart.....it will install some google apps you can uninstall them with root app delete or something similar from the play store.Good luck

Edited by andy2013, 28 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#36 monographix

monographix

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I don't know if i am allowed to post an external link to a root solution so i'm apologizing if i am breaking any rules
Does your device has physical volume butons? i have V971D and mine doesn't if you don't have i think it will be easy to do: you need a 2 or 4 gb microSD card formated as FAT32.You download this http://db.tt/ZiagiD6n and you unzip it to your card(2 files), then with your tablet fully closed put the card inside and simultaneously press first home button and then the power button keep them pressed together till a green robot apears then you may stop pressing the buttons this should go very fast after completion it will automatically restart.....it will install some google apps you can uninstall them with root app delete or something similar from the play store.Good luck

Thanks! Would that mean maybe that the apps i have now and the customization / settings will be all gone? Is this how you rooted yours?

Edited by monographix, 02 April 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#37 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

To obtain root access in any rom your need make following steps:

Attached File  su.jpg   213.33KB   9 downloads

1. Edit "updater-script" with Notepad++

set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");
symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");

2. Place "su" binary into folder "xbin"

Latest "su" binary Attached File  su.zip   89.97KB   1 downloads

It's useful to replace "busybox" binary with latest version too, but in some ROMs "busybox" binary specially compiled by author and replacing will cause some errors.

ROMs for 971 DC and 971T are incompatible, because 971T has TFT screen, 971 DC - ICS

PS. In case factory ROM has "su" binary in the folder "xbin" - your firmware is factory rooted.
As I know ONDA makes all his firmwares factory rooted (sooner or later, in contrast to other manufacturers).
ONDA is not as fearful as others manufacturers. :rolleyes:

Edited by valkoz, 03 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

• Bobses and Baracuda like this

#38 monographix

monographix

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

how to access those files??
I tried the Root Explorer but i dont see a meta-inf folder, although i see a system/x-bin folder

#39 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

how to access those files??
I tried the Root Explorer but i dont see a meta-inf folder, although i see a system/x-bin folder

Last year I wrote detailed instruction http://www.slatedroi...0-onda-kitchen/

"meta-inf folder" is into stock/custom rom's zip's.

#40 MidoBan

MidoBan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hello Valkoz,

I have a v971D tablet, i have installed your 971D_resque et 971D_jb, all works fine.

The only thing i need is to change the recovery.

I tried:
- Rom manager, but the device is not supported.
- the command: flash_image recovery recovery.img, but had an error: "error closing recovery: no space left on device" althought i have space left...
- download Onda v971-v972 recovery.zip which has install-recovery.sh, reboot-recovery.sh and recovery.img in it. Try to instal the zip in recovery mod => fail, aborted. Try to instal it manualy, the terminal says "done" but it always end with the android recovery <3e>.

Please help, i'm going mad...

ps: Sorry for my poor english and i'm newbie in android/linux