- Can someone maybe elaborate for me [noob] on "place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script."
- Does all the above mean that the 2.1 firmware for V971T as posted on http://www.onda-sale.com/download/ is rooted ?
- Can i use this custom ICS for V971T?
To obtain root access in any rom your need make following steps:
1. Edit "updater-script" with Notepad++
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");
2. Place "su" binary into folder "xbin"
Latest "su" binary
It's useful to replace "busybox" binary with latest version too, but in some ROMs "busybox" binary specially compiled by author and replacing will cause some errors.
ROMs for 971 DC and 971T are incompatible, because 971T has TFT screen, 971 DC - ICS
PS. In case factory ROM has "su" binary in the folder "xbin" - your firmware is factory rooted.
As I know ONDA makes all his firmwares factory rooted (sooner or later, in contrast to other manufacturers).
ONDA is not as fearful as others manufacturers.
Edited by valkoz, 03 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.