• 411 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

>>> ALL CUSTOM ROMs are FULL ROOTED & MULTILANGUAL
>>> ALL CUSTOM ROMs INSTALL from SD-CARD ONLY

1 >>> ICS CUSTOM ROM based on stock ROMs v.1.4-1.5.5
.......................latest version en05 uploaded 2013-02-28
Spoiler

2 >>> How to upgrade from ICS to Jelly Bean
.......................to upgrade from Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) to Jelly Bean (JB) you need to use AML Flash Tool
.......................In some case possible to upgrade from ICS to Jelly Bean to flash JB directly from SD-card (mainly if you have stock ICS ROM preinstalled). Try!
Spoiler

3 >>> JB CUSTOM ROM based on stock ROMs v.2.0-2.1
.......................latest version en05 uploaded 2013-02-28
Spoiler

4 >>> How to downgrade from JB to ICS
.......................Easy
Spoiler

5 >>> Recommended applications for ICS & JB
.......................Install any of Google applications itself
Spoiler

Upgrade from ICS to JB explanation
Each OS Andriod (ICS, JB, etc.) need its own bootloaders (u-boot, uImage, uImage_recovery).
To boot new OS you need to erase old and to write new bootloader to nand.
Tablets use 4-level defence of bootloader from erasing (defence from user).
Better way to write new bootloader - to flash from PC with AML Flash tool.
In case you use the same OS you don't need to use AML Flash tool.

Edited by valkoz, 02 March 2013 - 08:38 PM.

• Bogdan109 likes this
don't want to argue - want to discuss

#2 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Thanks a lot for your hard work Valkoz, can't wait for a customed Jelly Bean version :) !

Have you tried rooting the latest version using iiDiabolusZz's ROOT technique ?

Edited by tibs, 17 December 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#3 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thanks a lot for your hard work Valkoz, can't wait for a customed Jelly Bean version :) !

Have you tried rooting the latest version using iiDiabolusZz's ROOT technique ?

Thank you!

Actually JB firmware was ready 1 week ago. I gave it to my friends to test, they will inform me the results this week.

"iiDiabolusZz's ROOT technique" is very complex to me.

To obtain root you need simply place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script.

As a matter of fact, latest factory firmware is factory rooted, you do not need to root it.

And yes, JB custom firmware is rooted.

I uploaded ICS ROM because JB has much battery drain (not only ONDA firmware, it's total JB bug; for somebody it's important.

Connor

#4 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Thank you!

Actually JB firmware was ready 1 week ago. I gave it to my friends to test, they will inform me the results this week.
"iiDiabolusZz's ROOT technique" is very complex to me.
To obtain root you need simply place SU binary to /xbin folder and give permissions in the updated-script.
As a matter of fact, latest factory firmware is factory rooted, you do not need to root it.
And yes, JB custom firmware is rooted.
I uploaded ICS ROM because JB has much battery drain (not only ONDA firmware, it's total JB bug; for somebody it's important.

Connor

I understand the battery drain on JB really sucks, but are you still planning on releasing the custom FW for ir ? Or are you waiting for you friend to give you some feedback before uploading it? I'd love to give it a try, you can send me the link through private message if you don't want to put a public link on the forum for the moment. Thx!

#5 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

On my V971 with the stock JB, battery drain is pretty high, especially with the governor set to performance. I did recently also get a Ployer Momo12, 10.1" with JB, and that goes 6 hours easily. So i don't think it's all JB, just maybe how it gets used by manufacturers. I may just go back to ICS on this tablet.
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

#6 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Any news Valkoz? Any hope to see the custom FW online before XMAS ?

#7 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Any news Valkoz? Any hope to see the custom FW online before XMAS ?

Yes, I started to upload JB EN03 for v971 (slow connection, but today will finished). Added description in the header.

As I understand, not all users can successfully flash stock JB ROM.

It's because in stock v971dc ROM aml_autoscript is wrong.

Also, I checked aml_autoscripts in stock firmwares v712,v811 - they are the same, and, I think, it's almost impossible to flash JB ROM for these tablets, because aml_autoscript erases u-boot before uImage shall load.

I posted corrected (working) aml_autoscript.

In the next release I'll implement battery saver, cpu manager 1.5GHz, volume balance patch - if the time allows

Merry Christmas to All! :drinks:

Connor

Edited by valkoz, 22 December 2012 - 05:05 PM.

• tibs likes this

#8 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

I finished to upload JB CUSTOM ROM EN03.

Try it and give feedback, pls.

Connor

#9 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I finished to upload JB CUSTOM ROM EN03.

Try it and give feedback, pls.

Connor

Splandide!

Thanks a lot :) Will give feedback in a couple of days!

#10 Depump

Depump

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

My onda 712 have battery drain about Display

i try reduce brightness to 0, my display still use battery 88%

Do you have a idea for config stockrom ICS to fix display or battery drain on onda 712 ?

i wait 4.1 of 712 but onda.cn very very late for release new rom.

#11 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

My onda 712 have battery drain about Display

i try reduce brightness to 0, my display still use battery 88%

Do you have a idea for config stockrom ICS to fix display or battery drain on onda 712 ?

i wait 4.1 of 712 but onda.cn very very late for release new rom.

I use me custom V712D-V2_v1.5.5 firmware w/o such error.

It is for model V2 only !

I'll upload it to you today.

#12 Depump

Depump

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

I use me custom V712D-V2_v1.5.5 firmware w/o such error.

It is for model V2 only !

I'll upload it to you today.

Sorry, i forgot tell you something i use firmware 1.5.5 for v2 already.

i found something about battery drain in fw 1.5.5

i think it's bug

#13 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Sorry, i forgot tell you something i use firmware 1.5.5 for v2 already.

i found something about battery drain in fw 1.5.5

i think it's bug

This topic for V971 DC.

I made separate topic for V712DC.

Let's discuss it there. http://www.slatedroi...ustom-firmware/

Edited by valkoz, 25 December 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#14 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Hey! Thanks again for making this custom fw for the v971!

So i tried your custom FW, coming from ICS i tried the first method of just putting all the files on the sd-card and press home+power thing, but i kept getting stuck on the white robot (keep on holding the home button for like a minute and still no green robot).
So i went into recovery instead (home+power with no SD in) and flashed it using the flash update.zip line and pointed it to 971dc_jb_system.zip.
It flashed successfully! But i wonder what happened to u-boot.bin & uImage_recovery that were in your FW but not inside 971dc_jb_system.zip (so they were not installed i imagine? it that important?)

First boot is fine, everything's smooth, but i get a couple of FC concerning Google Voice recognition, and internet browser (but i installed chrome right after and chrome works no problem)...

But here is the thing: THE SD-CARD IS NOT RECOGNIZED ANYMORE!

It is inserted, it was working fine on your ICS custom FW but not on this version of JB the sd-card is just not recognized anymore... what's the deal ??!!

#15 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hey! Thanks again for making this custom fw for the v971!

So i tried your custom FW, coming from ICS i tried the first method of just putting all the files on the sd-card and press home+power thing, but i kept getting stuck on the white robot (keep on holding the home button for like a minute and still no green robot).
So i went into recovery instead (home+power with no SD in) and flashed it using the flash update.zip line and pointed it to 971dc_jb_system.zip.
It flashed successfully! But i wonder what happened to u-boot.bin & uImage_recovery that were in your FW but not inside 971dc_jb_system.zip (so they were not installed i imagine? it that important?)

First boot is fine, everything's smooth, but i get a couple of FC concerning Google Voice recognition, and internet browser (but i installed chrome right after and chrome works no problem)...

But here is the thing: THE SD-CARD IS NOT RECOGNIZED ANYMORE!

It is inserted, it was working fine on your ICS custom FW but not on this version of JB the sd-card is just not recognized anymore... what's the deal ??!!

I can help you next month only cause do not have v971 with me, only vi40.

But - when you use manual recovery flashing, you flash updates only (or my 971dc_jb_system.zip for example) - and do not flash main files, which are need for tablet to work correctly - new u-boot and uImage. W/o it it'll be an errors.

Roll back to ICS now

Edited by valkoz, 25 December 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#16 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Anyone else tried this rom?

Sent from my Onda V971 tablet

Edited by will567, 30 December 2012 - 03:13 PM.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#17 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Works fine for me after installing the FW with the AML burn tools instead of the classic HOME+Power option (when i did that, the white robot never dimmed to let the green robot appear, it would just hang on the white robot).
This custom FW is nice & smooth, although battery life seems a bit short.

only problem for me : the tablet doesn't come back from "sleep mode/standby". When i press the poer button to shut down the screen while leaving the tablet on, i can't turn it back on, i have to do a full reboot... i've seen some people had this issue on the vi40, does anyone know how to correct this bug, because it's the only thing missing from this great tablet (and great custom firmware!) to make the use of the tablet worth it (having no standby option is a pain in the *arse!))

thx

#18 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Works fine for me after installing the FW with the AML burn tools instead of the classic HOME+Power option (when i did that, the white robot never dimmed to let the green robot appear, it would just hang on the white robot).
This custom FW is nice & smooth, although battery life seems a bit short.

only problem for me : the tablet doesn't come back from "sleep mode/standby". When i press the poer button to shut down the screen while leaving the tablet on, i can't turn it back on, i have to do a full reboot... i've seen some people had this issue on the vi40, does anyone know how to correct this bug, because it's the only thing missing from this great tablet (and great custom firmware!) to make the use of the tablet worth it (having no standby option is a pain in the *arse!))

thx

not coming back from sleep is pretty much a deal-killer for me, also short battery life isn't making me want to change from stock JB, which runs okay.
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#19 tibs

tibs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

not coming back from sleep is pretty much a deal-killer for me, also short battery life isn't making me want to change from stock JB, which runs okay.

i dunno if the standby bug is due to the custom FW or if it's a hardware problem... i tried valkoz's custom ICS FW and i had the same problem. (btw: installing ICS custom FW worked great with the white robot dimming then showing the green robot - but with the custom JB FW.the white robot never dims, so it never flashes..... ???)

#20 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

decided to try the ICS version, but wifi just randomly disconnects, even with the icon at full bars and blue. Same thing was happening with stock jb firmware. All my other android devices have no problem, so it's not the router. I've seen other v971 users with similar problem, any one have a solution?
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users