Photo

PIPO S1 Dead after botched Upgrade. How to get Maskrom mode?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rtt

rtt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I clicked "Upgrade" instead of "Restore" and my device is bricked. It's ridiculous how "Upgrade" can do that :(
No the power + or power - doesn't work, the reset button/hole doesn't work and the device is not detected by USB.

I opened the device but the NAND and CPU is blocked by a soldered on metal bracket/housing.
Is there any way to enter MASKROM still or is this device now a toss away?

Thanks

#2 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I clicked "Upgrade" instead of "Restore" and my device is bricked. It's ridiculous how "Upgrade" can do that :(
No the power + or power - doesn't work, the reset button/hole doesn't work and the device is not detected by USB.

I opened the device but the NAND and CPU is blocked by a soldered on metal bracket/housing.
Is there any way to enter MASKROM still or is this device now a toss away?

Thanks

WTF... I did the same way on my PiPO U1 (non-Pro) just now... It finished installing 10.31 Firmware...

Hopefully, it boot properly... =(

#3 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

well, it looks OK... setting up android default apps...

#4 rtt

rtt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

You're very lucky or perhaps your version needs "Upgrade" and not "Restore".
Does anyone have any solution for the PIPO S1? I contacted PIPO and they just sent me the RK Batch tool with firmware which obviously isn't what I need.

I need MASKROM mode or whatever you want to call it which is like a low-level flash mode basically.

#5 Fratello

Fratello

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

First try another USB port or even, better, another PC !
LE : And take a look here : http://www.freaktab....ND-on-the-MK808
It's a hardware procedure to unbrick RK3066 devices by shorting 2 pins of NAND chip.

Edited by Fratello, 16 December 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Ex-owner of MID (8650), LY-F1, Zenithink ZT282 C91 Upgrade ; Eken-T05A ; Teclast P76Ti - now Pipo Smart S1, for my son! There is no perfect tablet !

#6 rtt

rtt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Thanks but I've done that, the device is bricked and does not work on other machines I've tried.
That method can't work because our NAND and CPU is covered bya soldered on metal housing (I've already tried it hoping it would be that easy).

#7 Fratello

Fratello

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Since you opened your tablet ... http://www.slatedroi...post__p__465758
or : http://www.flashmyan...1483-Unbricking

Edited by Fratello, 16 December 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Ex-owner of MID (8650), LY-F1, Zenithink ZT282 C91 Upgrade ; Eken-T05A ; Teclast P76Ti - now Pipo Smart S1, for my son! There is no perfect tablet !

#8 Drinnan

Drinnan

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Was wondering if you managed to get your tablet working again. My daughter cracked her screen and I'm looking for a replacement so would be interested in purchasing it from you if it was completely dead. I'd even accept you taking it apart and sending the only screen just incase you think I'm wanting to try and unbrick it myself

#9 exxpecial

exxpecial

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I enter MASKROM mode as follows ..... I burn a img ..... of a certain ... 1c orgos .... having a boot 1.10 .... burn this to restore .... then pick up a ROM for parts ... and only 1.20 bootloader frame .... I give a run .... automatically resets to erase idb give and make the conflict that makes into MASKROM

#10 willri

willri

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I enter MASKROM mode as follows ..... I burn a img ..... of a certain ... 1c orgos .... having a boot 1.10 .... burn this to restore .... then pick up a ROM for parts ... and only 1.20 bootloader frame .... I give a run .... automatically resets to erase idb give and make the conflict that makes into MASKROM

Hi,

my U1 pro is dead, can't switch on.

RKBatchTool find the tablet but no green, just blue "1" field.

Can you pls describe the procedure in more detail, I didn't understand completely what to do.

Where can I get the different modules ( 1c orgos , boot 1.10, 1.20 bootloader ) ?

What means 1c in orgos (orgos = origininal OS ? )

Do you use RKAndroidTool ? How is this programm exactly used ? Found only chinese manual.

#11 cornish

cornish

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm not sure if I have the same problem...but... I was trying to get an app to work that doesn't support the S1 so I thought I'd try changing the 'Build.prop' file so it appeared like a Nexus 7 (I changed it to ro.product.model=Nexus 7 ro.product.brand=google ro.product.name=nakasi ro.product.device=grouper, I suspect it was the later two that fouled things up), big mistake! Now when I try to turn it on it just gets to the multicoloured X and cycles the colours and doesn't respond to the power button being pressed. I've tried various things:
The reset button just seems to turn it off.
If I hod down the Volume- button and try to turn it on nothing happens.
If I hold down the Volume+ button and try to turn it on it just tries to boot as above.

I've not had a chance to try hooking it up to my PC and try to reflash the firmware (I was going to do that anyway as I wanted to move from TNT v3 to v4) but I suspect that it won't work as the loader won't recognise the tab in the first place...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#12 cornish

cornish

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

I'm not sure if I have the same problem...but... I was trying to get an app to work that doesn't support the S1 so I thought I'd try changing the 'Build.prop' file so it appeared like a Nexus 7 (I changed it to ro.product.model=Nexus 7 ro.product.brand=google ro.product.name=nakasi ro.product.device=grouper, I suspect it was the later two that fouled things up), big mistake! Now when I try to turn it on it just gets to the multicoloured X and cycles the colours and doesn't respond to the power button being pressed. I've tried various things:
The reset button just seems to turn it off.
If I hod down the Volume- button and try to turn it on nothing happens.
If I hold down the Volume+ button and try to turn it on it just tries to boot as above.

I've not had a chance to try hooking it up to my PC and try to reflash the firmware (I was going to do that anyway as I wanted to move from TNT v3 to v4) but I suspect that it won't work as the loader won't recognise the tab in the first place...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Quick update, I could get into fastboot when it was connected via usb, the boot loader didn't recognise it and I can't load the tnt rom that way so now I just need to find a suitable image file (again if anyone can help with this would appreciate it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users