• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cherokee812

cherokee812

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

hi i tried to install a new rom but livesuite stopped working halfway and now nothing when i connect to pc to try again i get drivers not installed so stuck help please

#2 IronSoil

IronSoil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I think I have a similar problem...

My N10 is not booting.I have the single core version.

I tried to install the 4.0.4 update and after 3% it says update failed.

After that the tablet won't boot anymore.

I suspect there is something wrong with the usb connector, it started to get loose. I tried to open the tablet and try the connector without the case, but the same problem remains.

I have charged with a usb cable but now I tried the normal charger.

The orange light turns on when I try to recharge the tablet and light turns off when the tablet is fully charged.

Is there anyway to restart/reset the tablet, so I could try at least the Phoenix Card Method for firmware.

Or is the only way to disconnect the battery and re-solder the wires? Or is my tablet broken?

#3 IronSoil

IronSoil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

I think I have a similar problem...

My N10 is not booting.I have the single core version.

I tried to install the 4.0.4 update and after 3% it says update failed.

After that the tablet won't boot anymore.

I suspect there is something wrong with the usb connector, it started to get loose. I tried to open the tablet and try the connector without the case, but the same problem remains.

I have charged with a usb cable but now I tried the normal charger.

The orange light turns on when I try to recharge the tablet and light turns off when the tablet is fully charged.

Is there anyway to restart/reset the tablet, so I could try at least the Phoenix Card Method for firmware.

Or is the only way to disconnect the battery and re-solder the wires? Or is my tablet broken?

I tried to solder the battery wires and resolder them back.

Still nothing happens when I press the power button.

I almost 100% sure that my usb port is not working ok on my tablet. When I connect the usb cable to the tablet and my win7 laptop, I hear a connect sound on the laptop, the charging red light appears on the tablet, but nothing else.

Is my tablet totally broken? Could someone please help?

Edited by IronSoil, 16 December 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#4 GT-555

GT-555

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I can buy your tablet :) i need new ips screen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

#5 evelhorn

evelhorn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Sounds like ur usb port has worked itself loose, and disconnected during the transfer. The good news is, ur tablet just needs to restart the flash process over again, the bad news is you will most likely have to resolder the usb port to the board. Ther is a possibility that u could keep the cord of ur usb cable in a position that will let u finish the flash but u would have keep it absolutely motionless. To answer one of ur questions, no your tablet is not bricked, u just have to find a way to finish the flash of the new firmware

#6 ahawk

ahawk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

hi i tried to install a new rom but livesuite stopped working halfway and now nothing when i connect to pc to try again i get drivers not installed so stuck help please

I had the same problem yesterday, i almost died crazy, but it's resolved now.
just download the new firmware from szampe website (http://www.szampe.co...down.asp?id=991
put all the files on a microsd card to use on extr sd, then you must to boot the tablet pressing Vol - and power togheter (do not release the vol - button) and start to press many times the power button.
It will start the Android recovery you must to select to update all images

All the procedure is write down with the firmware, the only problem it is Chinese

I hope it's help you guys.

#7 IronSoil

IronSoil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Sounds like ur usb port has worked itself loose, and disconnected during the transfer. The good news is, ur tablet just needs to restart the flash process over again, the bad news is you will most likely have to resolder the usb port to the board. Ther is a possibility that u could keep the cord of ur usb cable in a position that will let u finish the flash but u would have keep it absolutely motionless. To answer one of ur questions, no your tablet is not bricked, u just have to find a way to finish the flash of the new firmware

I opened the tablet and it seems like the usb-connector is not loose from the board.

I am not an expert in electronics, so the connection might still be loose.

I tried to connect the usb cable to the tablet outside the case. Now I found Unknown device in Device manager. Tried to update the drivers, but windows says they are up to date.

Tried to install pdanet drivers, but it complains that usb device not found.

There is no way to reset the tablet and try to install firmware without usb-cable? Like Phoenix Card method?

#8 evelhorn

evelhorn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

When your usb cord is connected to the tablet can you wiggle it pretty easily. Does it seem like theres excess play is what im driving at. Since you already have the tablet apart if you have asoldering iron go ahead and retouch the solder points for the us port, ther should be 4 in the center with 2 to 4 on the perimeter. I just touch it to it util it turns to liquid and immediately stop once it does. Loose usb ports is why i never charge from usb.

You could try what ahawk suggested but i couldnt get that method to work on my ampe a10

#9 IronSoil

IronSoil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

When your usb cord is connected to the tablet can you wiggle it pretty easily. Does it seem like theres excess play is what im driving at. Since you already have the tablet apart if you have asoldering iron go ahead and retouch the solder points for the us port, ther should be 4 in the center with 2 to 4 on the perimeter. I just touch it to it util it turns to liquid and immediately stop once it does. Loose usb ports is why i never charge from usb.

You could try what ahawk suggested but i couldnt get that method to work on my ampe a10

Today I tried to update my tablet just for fun. I lifted up the board where the usb connector is and tried to update with the case open.

To my surprise Livesuit started to update the tablet and it worked fine.

So now I have a working tablet again!! The battery was on 0%, so I need to recharge the tablet before doing anything more.

It seems alot faster with 4.0.4 than 4.0.3, seems like a new tablet...

Thanks for all the help everyone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users