Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

1.21 FIRMWARE

#302 richleahy

richleahy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

Does v1.21 seem more stable? (haven't received my v972 yet!)
When was it released?

#303 Padam

Padam

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Does v1.21 seem more stable? (haven't received my v972 yet!)
When was it released?

I cant flashed yet, because when i click to start button in PhoenixSuit, the device restart without install. :(

Edited by Padam, 04 February 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#304 Jiihaa

Jiihaa

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I cant flashed yet, because when i click to start button in PhoenixSuit, the device restart without install. :(

I had the same problem. Please read the flashing instructions advised earlier in this thread.

#305 lunarossa

lunarossa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

From what I see in the onda.cn website, looks like v1.2 is a prerequisite for installing v1.21
It's not clear, but maybe the v1.21 upgrade can only be made via OTA. It's unlikely, though, because the size of the file is bigger than v1.2
So it's the full firmware, not just an add-on.
My feeling is Onda is trying to prevent users from starting from a version (like v1.0) that's pre-rooted. If this is the case, you can bet v1.21 is going to be not rooted.

#306 msav

msav

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

From what I see in the onda.cn website, looks like v1.2 is a prerequisite for installing v1.21
It's not clear, but maybe the v1.21 upgrade can only be made via OTA. It's unlikely, though, because the size of the file is bigger than v1.2
So it's the full firmware, not just an add-on.
My feeling is Onda is trying to prevent users from starting from a version (like v1.0) that's pre-rooted. If this is the case, you can bet v1.21 is going to be not rooted.

Did this last night. went from 1.02 to 1.21 using ota. The icon with the blue arrow pointing up. so I have one on 1.21 and one on 1.2. Since My Gf is using the 1.21 one I can't say to any stability. Bet hers was always more stable than mine.

Root was still able to be preserved. Using ota rootkeeper

Updating mine now using the update app. seems to be a minor update. using the update app the file is only 4.44MB so it is not a complete rom. for everyone who uninstalled the stock launcher you will need to restore it with titanium backup and unroot with ota rootkeeper prior to the install. also if you used the xml files you will have to restore the original ones as well.

UPDATE!
looks like you have to have all the system apps that were in the stock rom in order to update. I think I will wait until i get some feedback to see if 1.21 is worth undoing all the modifications for.

Looks like if i want to update I will have to apply the 1.21 via pheonix suite and lose root or I will have to roll back to 1.02 then go to 1.21 then add all my data. Perhaps there is a way to copy off the backup file for ota rootkeeper so after i do the 1.21 i can copy it back and restore root.

Man I wish we had cwm. it would be so much easier to experiment and go back to my original config if anything goes wrong.

Edited by msav, 04 February 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#307 lunarossa

lunarossa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

After a few hours the download of v1.21 from onda.cn is finished, and guess what? You can't unzip the file either with Winzip or Winrar. I confirm the size of the zip file is 131Mb
(zipped) so it's definitely a full firmware. I will try downloading it again, in case there was an error during the very long download at 20kb/sec. If not, Onda made the file intentionally not unzippable. Maybe PhoenixSuit has a way to open the unzippable file? I am not going to try until the matter is clearified.
The v1.21 file you receive from OTA is much shorter, so it has to be a patch to be installed on v1.2 (which is what the onda.cn site says)

#308 letsfightinglove

letsfightinglove

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

My tablet came with 1.21 pre-installed, so I can't compare it to previous versions.

About something completely different: my micro usb port is too deep, about one millimetre. So the included cable, and most of my other micro usb cables, don't click into place and easily fall out. (They do work though.) Luckily, I found a micro usb cable that was slightly longer -- longer than the specifications state it should be, I guess -- that does actually snap into place...) Ayone else experienced this, or is this just on my tablet?

lunarossa, a zip is a zip is a zip (though some rare versions support strong encryption and other stuff that I think WinZip introduced). It must have broken during the download. Just try again and be patient.

#309 msav

msav

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

After a few hours the download of v1.21 from onda.cn is finished, and guess what? You can't unzip the file either with Winzip or Winrar. I confirm the size of the zip file is 131Mb
(zipped) so it's definitely a full firmware. I will try downloading it again, in case there was an error during the very long download at 20kb/sec. If not, Onda made the file intentionally not unzippable. Maybe PhoenixSuit has a way to open the unzippable file? I am not going to try until the matter is clearified.
The v1.21 file you receive from OTA is much shorter, so it has to be a patch to be installed on v1.2 (which is what the onda.cn site says)

1.21 zip file is 350.562kb your download was interrupted.

I downloaded it, it took an hour, and was able to extract the img file.

Edited by msav, 04 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#310 Diquan2001

Diquan2001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi i just downloaded the file to but mine is 342MB .
So i uploaded it to 4share here is the link V972Core4_v1.21.zip

So this is the V1.21 version.

I see i cannot put the link here .So please PM me i will send you the link .

I did not test is myself yet .So please feel free to reply with your experiences .

Edited by Diquan2001, 04 February 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#311 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Just saw this at slatedroid. Figure I'd share:

Okay guys a quick update. Not sure, if I should be posting it here but I will still go ahead as we dont have a dedicated development thread yet.

So last night I studied the partitions, extracted the stock recovery img and tried to build cwm recovery from the cwm online builder. I pushed it on to the recovery partition, and rebooted into recovery. Finally I did manage to get the cwm recovery interface but too bad it did not recognize my partitions. Worse, I ended up bricking my device as it went in cwm loop and on every restart I just got cwm with no keys working. :crying:

Luckily I knew that Allwinner A31 is almost brick free because the Installation suite doesn't rely on recovery and use flash mode to install firmware. So I am up and running again. I just repartioned to be sure. :good::good:

I'll keep going. I realize now that the A10 also has similar paritions structure, maybe I could get help from there. For anyone interested I am attaching the recovery.fstab which u can refer to extarct images using dd command.

PM me or write here if anyone needs the recovery or boot images. I already have then extracted. Sorry for the long post.
There is just one thing thats been bothering me. How we supposed to use CWM even if we get it working with just two keys on the tablet? Maybe I should directly try cwm touch.

Thanks. I'll keep you guys posted.
Edit This was posted by parajsinghal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Dvalin21, 04 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#312 cbh99

cbh99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

i was on 1.2
downloaded the update...
was going through progressions then error..see image

i did not root it...just switched to nova launcher...i may have deleted a chinese app but thats it

any advice?

Attached Files

#313 cbh99

cbh99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

i was on 1.2
downloaded the update...

i did not root it...just switched to nova launcher...i may have deleted a chinese app but thats it

any advice?

further question...do i need to have nova launcher disabled..so that the stock launcher is in use???

#314 msav

msav

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

i was on 1.2
downloaded the update...

any advice?

same thing I got. I figured it was because I uninstalled the chinese system apps, edited xml files and uninstalled the stock browser

#315 Diquan2001

Diquan2001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Same message here .tried it twice but both failed .I also only have Nova running .deinstalled all the chinese stuff..

#316 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hey guys, is the build.prop somehow different from when it was on update 1.02 than 1.2?

#317 msav

msav

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys, is the build.prop somehow different from when it was on update 1.02 than 1.2?

i never changed my build.prop

so I don't know why that is in the error message.

BTW I just checked The GF tablet. Looks like it is only at 1.2 so I guess I did the update before they released it.

Looks like Onda pulled the OTA update. Perhaps it was a problem on there end.

Did anyone even get the update installed via phoenixsuite, perhaps that one is bad as well.

Edited by msav, 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#318 Jiihaa

Jiihaa

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Firmware 1.32 is out!

#319 Sigma99

Sigma99

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hi

I'm new in this forum.
I also have 1.21 it was an OTA Upgrade yesterday. But because I must modify the build.prop root is important. I tried several methods, but no one works until now.
I guess the downgrade methode will be the best, but I'm not able to flash an older version like 1.02 (should be prerooted).
The PhoenixSuit initializes a reboot after start flashing, but nothing happens. The firmware is the same as before. Because any status messages are in chinese it's not easy to see a reason why it don't works. Maybe there's a PhoenixSuit in english? Or has someone an idea how to root it.
Thanks.

Sigma99

#320 watusi

watusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Firmware 1.32 is out!

any link...thanks