Android Tablets Forum banner

[rom] CyanogenMod 10.1 for C97 / C93 (update 2013-05-18)

146K views 451 replies 78 participants last post by  omarahum 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate a couple per month I could invest more time in all these Android projects, it'd cost you just like one coffee per month.

Instructions

* Unrar the "common" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd.
* Put rom (cm-10.1-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-c97.zip) and gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed-ubifs.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL+ and POWER. Press VOL+ to confirm and you'll boot to CWM recovery.
* If this is your first install flash this file that will format /system, /data and /cache partitions and from "Wipe" menu erase "Android secure".
* Flash rom (cm-10.1-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-c97.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed-ubifs.zip) and, if you're using a different device, the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot system now".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1!

Changelog & download links

2013-05-18

* Updated upstream sources

Common 2013-03-03
ROM (md5sum)
Gapps 2013-03-01

Compatibility files for C93 H6 1F

Common 2013-03-03
Compatibility v1.1

Compatibility files for C93 H6 2F

TWRP recovery (create a folder named "zt-update" in your MicroSD and unzip there the recovery.img file; the bootloader will do the rest when you use the buttons trigger combination)
Compatibility v1.1

Note that if you're running the latest C93 stock firmware "ZT283_H6_2f_1GB_Android4.1_0202_V1.6" you will have to use this TWRP and this comp zip.
If you accidentaly used the previous files you'll see that partition's got fucked up and you'll have to flash the stock firmware to fix them

Issues

* Use another launcher (I suggest you "Nova" or "Apex") because Trebuchet screws the layout.
* Bluetooth stack has changed: USB bluetooth is not working right now; only devices with UART (internal) bluetooth works.
* If your device has only a front camera you won't have a camera launcher icon, but you can install this app

FAQs

* If you don't like Nexus 7 fingerprint and wanna use SGS-II instead flash this zip. Remember that changing fingerprint may screw Play Store, if it happens you'll have to perform a "wipe data / factory reset".
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never".
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just flash this file after flashing rom's zip (you have to do it everytime you flash a new version of the rom)
* If you wanna format your internal memory (it's corrupted, filled of crap, etc.) just flash this file from recovery. If it fails try to unmount internal storage from "Mount" section.
* It's better if you don't change governor because the included "ondemand" has been customized to support "boostpulse" feature of jelly bean power hal. You can control min/max cpu frequency with display on/off editing these entries in /system/build.prop file (they're listed with their default value): "ro.sys.min_cpu_on=408000", "ro.sys.max_cpu_on=1200000", "ro.sys.min_cpu_off=96000", "ro.sys.max_cpu_off=1008000".

Screenshots

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Old changelog

2013-05-05

ROM (md5sum)

2013-04-12

Common 2013-03-03
ROM (md5sum)
Gapps 2013-03-01

2013-03-30

* Updated video playback libraries, now you don't need the "reverted libraries" zip anymore
* Updated memsicd to support Z axis
* Other minor things

ROM (md5sum)

2013-03-03

*** If you're having problems with some videos flash this zip (I'm doing some tests with newer video libraries, but seems no too stable right now) ***

* Updated "common" folders and compatibility zips
* New audio HAL based on tinyalsa that works like a charm on 4.2 with every app
* Updated some stuff RIL related (some more dongle could work natively, for all the other there's ppp widget)

ROM (md5sum)

2013-02-24

*** If you're having problems with some videos flash this zip (I'm doing some tests with newer video libraries, but seems no too stable right now) ***

* "Reverted libraries" zip has been updated, be sure to fetch it again if you were having troubles playint streamed contents
* Some changes under the hood

ROM (md5sum)

2013-02-17

* New installs will have problems turning on WiFi. Flash this file and do a factory reset to fix it.
* Added a SCREEN_DIM wakelock when HDMI is plugged
* Devices running alsa (everyone but Hero, Fire and Aurora/Elf with MultiUser kernel) can disable alsa standby by editing "snd.card.alsa.standby=1" to "snd.card.alsa.standby=0". This will fix latest Skype (and possibly other chat apps) issues, but may lead to some "pops" when the device enter/exit suspend.
* Many other changes under the hood

ROM (md5sum)

2013-02-09

* Fixed HDMI audio with devices running new kernels
* Fixed front camera portrait upside down orientation
* Fixed Netflix (and possibly other streaming apps) issues
* Added stock video player (but it doesn't work when connected to an HDMI monitor)

ROM (md5sum)

2013-02-02

* Changed WiFi idle timeout to 30 seconds, if this is not your first install (aka you haven't wiped data) and wanna let WiFi turn off after 30 secs the screen has blanked launch terminal emulator and type:
Code:
su<br />
rm /data/data/.wifiidle<br />
/system/etc/init.d/05wifi
Reboot and the setting will be applied

ROM (md5sum)

2013-01-26

* Added support for third party mounts (apps like cifsmanager for example) as requested
* Try Netflix again and if it won't work (99.99999% chance) post a full logcat: I wanna see if anything changed in logs

ROM 2013-01-26 (md5sum)

2013-01-19

ROM 2013-01-19 (md5sum)

2013-01-12

ROM 2013-01-12 (md5sum)

2013-01-05

ROM 2013-01-05

2012-12-21

* Fixed camera FC
* Fixed crackling audio with some games (GTA for example)
* Other minor stuff

ROM 2012-12-21 (md5sum)

2012-12-15

* Initial build. It's a daily driver, smooth as silk, practically the same as CM10. In next builds i'll include an optional "multi users" package but it will have a couple of drawbacks (because of the way multi user handles the internal memory): you won't be able to use mass-storage (you'll have to use MTP) and you won't be able to move apps to sd. Imho it's not worthed...

Common 2012-12-15
ROM 2012-12-15 (md5sum)
Camera fix

#3 ·
#4 ·
Hi Chris, thank you very much as always

But unfortunately I experienced frequent system freezes...I think the problem on my tablet is the new kernel.
I also tried to use the old kernel/mali libs with this rom, but the process "com.android.phone" crashes continuosly.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

#8 ·
That is the prebuilt one from the older stock ROM but with the updated Mali kernel modules.
Can't understand why it doesn't work fine on yours..

#10 ·
Grab a logcat

#14 ·
Hi, I am new at forum, just registered.

I flashed this ROM, and everything is ok, super fluid, but under the setting I don't have "developer options", in CM10 rom it was there. Before flashing I have done factory reset, and wipe everything before flash, what was I doning wrong?
Is it just me, or someone else have the same problem?
Now I dont have usb debuging and other settings...

#15 ·
It's a 4.2 thing... Tap seven times on build number in about tablet menu

#337 ·

#16 ·
Hi Christian, I'm also new at rooting tablets.

I'm trying to flash your ROM on a C93 but I have a couple of problems. First, when I try to do a Wipe/Factory Reset or a Wipe/Dalvik Cache with TWRP I get a "Failed". Then I flash the ROM but when I reboot it gets stuck on the cyanogen boot screen. I guess the second problem comes because of the first.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I tried to check recovery.log but I can't see any relevant information there.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm trying to flash your ROM on a C93 but I have a couple of problems. First, when I try to do a Wipe/Factory Reset or a Wipe/Dalvik Cache with TWRP I get a "Failed". Then I flash the ROM but when I reboot it gets stuck on the cyanogen boot screen.
I had the same problem but I solved it. I installed first official jb then cm10.1. Maybe problem was from rom's partition, an ics.

#17 ·
Hi,

I'm a newbie in this android and ROM things, no expirience at all, I really need your help, could you please put some more detailed tutorial to install CM10 to someone like me that have no expirience could install. Sorry about my english.

Thanks

#37 ·
Hi, from Christian Troy here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39533-rom-aokp-update-1117/
If you don't like Nexus 7 fingerprint and wanna use SGS-II instead flash this zip. Remember that changing fingerprint may screw Play Store, if it happens you'll have to perform a "wipe data / factory reset".

So I don't like that Google plus think that have a Nexus 7 when I don't , but seems that is not easy replace it , and I have other question why Google play says Google earth , street view , angry birds are not compatible with C93 ? when they run pretty cool on it . Just use aptoide to install it.

Merry Christmas to all and happy new year !

#20 ·
4.2 is a bleeding edge version, not every app may support it yet.
If you wanna the latest things there's always a drawback

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
It just means to place all the zips that you have downloaded onto your sdcard, the only file you need to extract/unrar is the Common one that has the zt-update folder in it, which is the folder you need to put on your (FAT32 formatted) sdcard to enter recovery (like with the stock ROMs), then from the recovery (I'm not sure of he is using CWM or TWRP recovery with this ROM), you flash the zips from wherever you put them (the root of the sdcard the the easiest place)...

#38 ·
I'm testing official rom of 14 Dez ( ZT283_H6_1f_1GB_Android4.1_1214_V1.6 ) and I'm happy because it seems all power management stuff [1] works well, like I said it seems, not for sure. But enters in deep sleep mode even with wifi on , I have Tablet with 2 days 1 hour without charging or power off , of course most of the time sleeping , but the important is that enter in sleep mode, very quickly on idle and when on sleep don't consume battery, also I notice that disable power of USB (when enter in sleep mode). Powering up, on power port works OK, for more info http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42197-rom-zenithinks-official-20121214-jb-rom

This CyanogenMod custom roms have many interesting addons and features, but I need to see tablet without power management issues, understand how leds should work etc, and I may back to CyanogenMod.
Also I'd love participate on development of this custom roms, as a Linux expert I could help out.

[1] for example https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/kernel-android-galaxy-s2-ics/blob/master/Documentation/power/interface.txt

#31 ·
2012-12-21

* Fixed camera FC
* Fixed crackling audio with some games (GTA for example)
* Other minor stuff

ROM 2012-12-21 (md5sum)

#32 ·
C97 Camera fix.

Go into CWM or TWRP and flash this file. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-NNcfOVyQTBa3RuckJiRGxPb2c

If it doesn't work you need pull the build.prop file out of that zip file I just posted and download/install/open up notepad++ and change the following line 83:

ro.camera.orientation.back=180

You can change it to 0,90,180,270. Try them all to see which one works for you. Once you change it. With 7zip you can drag and drop that file back into the zip file.

#33 ·
In the last build back camera build prop entry is already set at 180

#35 ·
Good morning girls/guys, I wish you a merry Christmas. A special mention goes to Frank from flsuperstore.com and to all of you that supported me. I really appreciated it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.