Best 7" RK3066 tablet currently Available? - Ployer Momo 7 Dual Core

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Well I just got my MoMo 7 earlier today. So far I am very happy with it. I am also not seeing the screen or camera issues that have been mentioned in this thread. I also have to say I had a very good experience going through a dealer on AliExpress. Now I just have to decide if I want to root it and flash TnT's v3 ROM or stick with what I have. I am tempted to just leave it but unlike deneill my MoMo 7 has a ton of Chinese apps and I am not sure if I can clear them all out with out flashing the ROM :(

Sir Jaxxy

#22 PHATBOi

PHATBOi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

You can root and remove the apps without having to flash to a different rom. Just find a root method for the momo7. The get an app like ES File Explorer or AntTek Explorer that will let you manage your apps from root.

Glad to hear you are not experiencing some of the difficulties others have. I will be ordering my MOMO7 from PandaWill in the next week or two (waiting on a check to come in). Let us know about your battery life and charging if you can please. Some have reported problems with the charging.

Edited by PHATBOi, 09 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

First Tab Coming Soon
Ployer MOMO7
(will be flashing TNT Release 3 FW)
7" 1024 x 600 HD IPS Display
CPU: RK3066, Cortex-A9 Dual-Core
GPU: Quad-Core Mali-400
1GB RAM DDR3 + 16GB NAND

#23 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Well so far I am both loving and hating our Momo7! I love the screen quality and performance. I HATE the battery/charging issue.

This is the first tablet/smart phone I have used so I don't have much to compare it to. To me though the screen is clear, sharp, and highly responsive. All the benchmarks I have run are putting it on par with the Transformer (very impressed). Apps and websites load very fast. I have not experienced any of the double tap issues.

However, the power issue is killing me. I have had it charging both turned on and turned off. I have installed an app that is suppose to put it into deadsleep when the screen is off. I have left it off to charge for between 6 and 8 hours straight. Yet, I have yet to show above 67% charged! Oh yeah I have also charged it using both the outlet and my computer. Last night I was playing a game with it plugged in and in less then 45 minutes I went from 43% down to 8%.

If this was just for me it would not be as much of an issue. However, this is suppose to be a "family" tablet mostly for my kids. I can see it only lasting an hour or 2 and then needing to charge for 8 or more with the things they want to do on it. Maybe the Pipo S1 will drop in price after the new releases from CES start to hit the market. If they do I think I will just buy each of them an S1.

Sir Jaxxy

#24 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

jaxxy, maybe the indicator has problem. hope complete draining and battery charging full would help. there is also 1 battery calibration app in market.

#25 swedish cook

swedish cook

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

What is the battery app that you're using ? Thats my only real gripe, dodgy battery charge indication.

I note that people who have "updated" their firmware are getting touch screen issues, original firmware seems just fine so I'm leaving well alone until I see some good reasons to update.

#26 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Well I heard back from my supplier and she said it sounded like a faulty charger and to try charging from a PC. So I tried that using the Super Charger port on my MSI board and it seemed to charge much faster and was able to get to 100% charge. I then calibrated it using the app Battery Calibration (https://play.google....terycalibration). I just fully discharged the battery and will time how long it takes to hit 100% charge using my PC. In the meantime I have also order a mini USB charger from Amazon.

Sir Jaxxy

PS I am using TnT's Revision 3 ROM and am seeing some very minor touch issues. I also had to manually root it as that rom is not rooted as stated. To do battery calibration you need to be rooted. If I can learn how to spoof the build I think I will flash back to the latest Ployer firmware, root and spoof it myself.

Edited by Sir Jaxxy, 14 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#27 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Great. yeah, might be not fully 2A charger (Micro USB). For spoofing, he changed /system/build.prop and /system/framework/framework.jar
They could be copied from tnt 3 and put in the official firmware, using ES or root explorer

Edited by creative dude, 14 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#28 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the tip on spoofing. I think I am going to give it a try later.

I am not sure, though, that I still don't have a charging issue. The battery calibration said to let it fully recharge without break. An hour after starting the charge (after fully discharging the battery) I was at 15%. I figured that was on par with a 6 hour or so charge cycle. However, now after it has been charging for 6 hours I am only at 48%. At this rate it is going to take 12+ hours to do a full charge :(

I get the new charger Wednesday so I am hoping that will charge faster then this.

Sir Jaxxy

#29 swedish cook

swedish cook

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

When it said 48% what life did you get from it, mine frequently lies on the battery meter but the life is good - mine charged overnight to 56% but then stayed at that level for 2 hours of usage. Thats the point you cannot trust what it says.

#30 Simi69

Simi69

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Just regarding charging. Before I flashed the TNT 3 firmware, I had battery readings all over the place. The first time I charged it, it was stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. Then took a further 8 hours to reach 87% at which point I plugged it out, turned it off and on and it read 100%. It was stuck at 100% for about an hour before dropping in chunks of ~15%. This was all using the supplied 2A charger.

Since I updated to TNT 3 it charges from 10% to 100% in about 6hrs using the 2A charger (takes about 5hrs if it's turned off) and it says when it's fully charged and the battery level drops in a linear fashion and lasts around 5-6hrs with moderate use. In other words it works just fine.

I'm a little worried reading about people leaving it charging for 10 or 12hrs. If the charge indicator is malfunctioning it's possible you're overcharging the battery, which would shorten it's life significantly. Though mine seems to be behaving normally since flashing the TNT 3 firmware, I'm still reluctant to leave it charging overnight, just incase it doesn't realise it should stop charging when it reaches 100%.

If you're encountering problems charging I'd work from a usage perspective for safety.
i.e. Charge the battery for 6hrs using the supplied 2A charger and see how long it lasts unplugged, regardless of what the charge indicator says.
If it lasts 5-6hrs then the indicator is wrong and by leaving it plugged in for more than 6hrs you're damaging the battery.
If it lasts <4hrs then the battery is genuinely taking ages to charge and it's ok to leave it plugged in for longer.
  • Sir Jaxxy likes this

#31 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Just got this Tablet earlier this afternoon... I was at work and my Wife received it. It was sent via FedEx and took only 3-days since it was shipped...

Bought from Pandawill with 10% off discount. Some early shots here.

When I got home, I immediately opened it and I was surprised... WoW... I mean really WoW...

It was way beautiful and elegant than my PiPO U1 or even Novo7 Flame... It really look classy and thin...

When I powered it on, another surprise... It is very fast and snappy... Screen is soooo good even it is QHD only...

IPS made it more beautiful... Touch is very sensitive and above of all, WiFi is freaking strong... Stronger than my ASUS Netbook... It can connect to the Bridge WiFi Router next to my house which is not usual to this kind of Tablets...

PlayStore has good compatibility, some were missing but most are available... The only thing that makes this 2nd only to Novo7 Flame is the lack of Bluetooth and 5.0MP Rear Camera... The 2.0MP Rear Camera isn't great but can be enough on decent background lightings... Maybe good during broad daylight... Front Cam is VGA quality which is fine for Video Calling...

Gonna load up some apps and games and see how it performs... But I'm already expecting good results...

Edited by ivanz, 25 January 2013 - 08:06 AM.

• creative dude likes this

#32 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Just got this Tablet earlier this afternoon... I was at work and my Wife received it. It was sent via FedEx and took only 3-days since it was shipped...

Bought from Pandawill with 10% off discount. Some early shots here.

When I got home, I immediately opened it and I was surprised... WoW... I mean really WoW...

It was way beautiful and elegant than my PiPO U1 or even Novo7 Flame... It really look classy and thin...

When I powered it on, another surprise... It is very fast and snappy... Screen is soooo good even it is QHD only...

IPS made it more beautiful... Touch is very sensitive and above of all, WiFi is freaking strong... Stronger than my ASUS Netbook... It can connect to the Bridge WiFi Router next to my house which is not usual to this kind of Tablets...

PlayStore has good compatibility, some were missing but most are available... The only thing that makes this 2nd only to Novo7 Flame is the lack of Bluetooth and 5.0MP Rear Camera... The 2.0MP Rear Camera isn't great but can be enough on decent background lightings... Maybe good during broad daylight... Front Cam is VGA quality which is fine for Video Calling...

Gonna load up some apps and games and see how it performs... But I'm already expecting good results...

I received the unit today. Exactly it is a great one comparable or even better than Nexus 7 in some aspects.
Battery only drained faster, but I guess the problem goes away with time. The charging port I'm handling carefully as it is complained by many users.

#33 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

I received the unit today. Exactly it is a great one comparable or even better than Nexus 7 in some aspects.
Battery only drained faster, but I guess the problem goes away with time. The charging port I'm handling carefully as it is complained by many users.

just a few charging exercise and it will become normal.. but don't expect full 6hrs of battery life on gaming... our Momo7 DualCore here last around 4hrs in continuous NFSMW which my brother is addicted at..

browsing and movie playback is different, could offer more than 6hrs.. we've played 2 full movies and is about to finish 3rd before it goes down to 4% (WiFi OFF, 40% brightness with external speaker)

the built-in monofiring speaker is only good indoor or in a not so noisy room..

#34 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Exactly,
at first I thought the battery drained much faster but it is the indicator problem. today it lasted 5 and half hours, much better than 4 hrs of Xperia S.

#35 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Seems they may finally be shipping them with the 4000mAh battery that they advertise. I got mine the beginning of January and am lucky to get 3 hours of continuous use out of it. I have not opened mine up but know folks who have and they only had a 3200mAh in them. So I am guessing this is the case with mine as well.

#36 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Some said talent has 3200, not sure how much is Momo7 ips... even the Rom doesn't have the info. After two recharge cycle my analysis is like
charging time is 8 hrs to truly reach 100%
browsing with wifi on- lasted 5:30 hrs
Today Im testing with Usb dongle. will report soon

#37 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Thanks for the update. I also know folks who have opened up their standard (non Talent) Momo7 and it has a 3200 as well :( Also have a friend who I shipped in hi Momo7 with mine and he says it has a 3400. So looks like Ployer might be playing fast and loose with the batteries they are putting in these. Not very happy about this. As I said I have had mine for about 3 weeks now and am averageing about 3-4 hours off a 100% charge with light use WiFi on. Not what I was expecting. Really sucks as I love everything else about the Momo7.

I was thinking of getting a Momo19 or Momo20 down the road. But if Ployer is going to be this loose with their QC then I might have to look at other companies for my 10".

Sir Jaxxy

#38 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

It is somewhat like the attached image. The battery meter is crazy anyway <_<
when charging turning off the tablet makes it decent and reduces linearly.

Attached Files

#39 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Our Momo7 DualCore's charger blew out yesterday... Found a piece of loose soldering lead after opening it, it cause short circuit on the bottom of charger's pcb... Tried to replace the busted 1ohm resistor that is used as fuse and had a 5.6volts output but no less than 500mAh output current...

Now, I'm afraid that it damaged the battery... Charging the Tablet to PC (power is off) takes about 8hrs (indicator to full)... But as soon as I powered it on, it only showed 53% and took 2hrs & 40mins to go down to 1% (WiFi ON & Brightness @40% / Facebook app & Screen set to never timeout)...

I reflash the firmware and rooted it to run Battery Calibration app (by NeMA). Going to charge this again overnight through PC and see what will happen tomorrow...

#40 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

BTW, to those wondering how much the real Battery Capacity is, I've uploaded some Disassembly Pictures of our Ployer Momo7 DualCore Tablet...

Ployer Momo7 DualCore

Internal build quality is good... Not much Tape Technology... WiFi antenna has the foil that Novo7 Aurora is missing...
Chipset and other chips producing heat are dissipated by a metal sheet...

Unfortunately, the Ployer Momo7 Charger end up having Crappy internal components... Capacitors look cheap compared to Ainol and PiPO Chargers... So if you have a good spare Charger, you might want to use that from now on...

Edited by ivanz, 05 February 2013 - 11:11 AM.

• creative dude likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users