Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Using the Logitech Revue keyboard with the gTablet.

10K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mrsburnout 
#1 ·
If you are one of the unfortunate ones who are now stuck with a Google TV Logitech Revue, all is not totally lost. As those of us who own a Revue know, Logitech has stopped suporting the device and has left us out in the cold. However, before you get rid of it in favour of a newer GTV device you might want to hold on to that nice keyboard that came with it because it can be used with the gTablet, and as far as I know, any other Android device that will allow you to plug a standard USB "nub" into it. On some tablets you might need to buy an OTG Cable but fortunately for us the gTablet sports a standard USB port. All you have to do to use the Revue keyboard with the gTablet is buy a Logitech Unifying receiver. At the time I am making this post the cost is just under $10.00 USD and shipping is free. You will need the Unifying software and install it on a desktop. Then plug the Unity nub into a spare USB port on the desktop and open the Unity software and follow the pairing instructions to pair the Revue keyboard with your Unity "nub"/dongle. I call it a nub because it is very small.

Note: Be sure to unpair the keyboard from your Logitech Revue prior to attempting to pair it with the Unity nub. To do this open the settings menu on the Revue. Go to Input devices. Now go to Manage paired devices. Select the keyboard (K700) and choose the Unpair button. A Unity device can only be paired with one Unity receiver at a time. You must unpair a Unity device before it can be paired with another Unity receiver.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.