• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#41 PhoenixUK

PhoenixUK

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

maybe cause i'm just used with the horrible lcd on my notebook :rofl:
just found out that the horizontal viewing angle is not balanced, just like u said, chinese tabs :lol:

gonna root it later, any guide or tips i should do to improve the performance(overclock, underclock, cusroms)?

won't upgrade to JB, too risky cause i don't know if i can claim the warranty :lol:

I queried my supplier which is Futeko.com about the upgrade to JB and if it would invalidate the warranty and they said no, as they mirror the exact same Ainol releases for their tabs, which makes sense.

Just email your supplier and ask like I did, it's the only way to find out.

I would imagine rooting or custom rom etc may be the opposite but I'm not going that far as it's only for my 3 year old son for games and kids films on long journeys or rainy days.

Regards,
Rob

#42 Fahadm88

Fahadm88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

maybe cause i'm just used with the horrible lcd on my notebook :rofl:
just found out that the horizontal viewing angle is not balanced, just like u said, chinese tabs :lol:

gonna root it later, any guide or tips i should do to improve the performance(overclock, underclock, cusroms)?

won't upgrade to JB, too risky cause i don't know if i can claim the warranty :lol:

Use Novo 7 Crystal root zip file found somewhere on this forum to root your device. Quite easy really. You can use no frills cpu to overclock. I've actually underclocked mine a bit to *hopefully* save a bit of power and not heat up as much.

Im using ADW launcher which I like better then the stock one, but thats a matter of opinion.
- Ainol Novo 7 Legend [Stock]
- Samsung Galaxy Y [Stock]

#43 Nekodaruma-kun

Nekodaruma-kun

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

ok, i can't root it =3=
already followed the guide here
http://www.slatedroi...7-crystal-root/

entered the recovery menu (hold vol + and power, not vol - and pow)
installed the crystal_root.zip
no supersu <_<

wipe cache --> reinstall crystal_root.zip
still no supersu :(

i'm using a 8gb transcend class 10, the card is detected and mounted,
should i try with something else? still got my cheap 2gb samsung micro sd.

can someone tell me what happened?
bad file? already download it twice, or are there any gremlins inside my tablet? :o

should i try factory reset?
but will need time to backup my downloaded apps with titanium =.=a

Edited by Nekodaruma-kun, 27 December 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#44 dejan13

dejan13

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Tablet is rooted with crystal root.zip but after that you must go to the play store to install superuser app manualy and thats it you have full rooted tab.

#45 Fahadm88

Fahadm88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Guys, is it just me but does your tab crash/turnoff if you leave it on sleep mode ( screen turned off) for a while with WiFi on? Mine does this pretty much every time. Its so damn annoying having to turn it back on all the time, another weird thing is after I restart I notice the battery has dropped significantly and the it gets quite hot on the left side? Does WiFi make it overheat or something ???

#46 DrCross

DrCross

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Guys does anyone know which buildprop to change the legend to? Some apps such as skygo don't work with the legend and since I bought them for friends I really want them to work.

Also the JB version of the legend doesn't work with TVcatchup. I presume this has something to do with JB not supporting flash?
Ainol Elf elvish 0.3

#47 Nekodaruma-kun

Nekodaruma-kun

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Guys, is it just me but does your tab crash/turnoff if you leave it on sleep mode ( screen turned off) for a while with WiFi on? Mine does this pretty much every time. Its so damn annoying having to turn it back on all the time, another weird thing is after I restart I notice the battery has dropped significantly and the it gets quite hot on the left side? Does WiFi make it overheat or something ???

sometimes, when the battery is low (<40%), it'll freeze at deep sleep.
it won't turn back on until i plug the charger.
i think this is what happened, since the wifi is still sucking the battery, when it's below 40%, it's freezing/turn off.

not a problem for me, since i only use this to read and play some games :p so i always turn it off when i'm not using it.
well, if u're downloading something that might cause the overheat, more if u got bad signals, same principle like 3g modem i guess?
CMIIW
  • Fahadm88 likes this

#48 Fahadm88

Fahadm88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

sometimes, when the battery is low (<40%), it'll freeze at deep sleep.
it won't turn back on until i plug the charger.
i think this is what happened, since the wifi is still sucking the battery, when it's below 40%, it's freezing/turn off.

not a problem for me, since i only use this to read and play some games :p so i always turn it off when i'm not using it.
well, if u're downloading something that might cause the overheat, more if u got bad signals, same principle like 3g modem i guess?
CMIIW

yeah, could be. Im also thinking it doesn't really turn off but goes on to deep sleep mode, since I have to long press the power button twice to get running again. I'll try plugging it back in again and see what happens.

BTW how is the reading experiences on this ?? What app are you using ?

#49 dejan13

dejan13

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have tab with batch 1 wifi and I have fully working JB with wifi but how can I root JB 4.1.1

#50 dejan13

dejan13

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Can someone help me to root JB 4.1.1 Please.

#51 Fahadm88

Fahadm88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Okay my crashes seemed to have when set number of backround apps to 4 in debugging mode. I think stock rom has poor memory management which lead to all apps being active in the background.

Now I have a new issue, using Quick System Info my RAM is shown to be 383 MB only! Isn't the Legend supposed to have 512MB ?? Anyone else noticed this ?

#52 haktekk

haktekk

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Okay my crashes seemed to have when set number of backround apps to 4 in debugging mode. I think stock rom has poor memory management which lead to all apps being active in the background.

Now I have a new issue, using Quick System Info my RAM is shown to be 383 MB only! Isn't the Legend supposed to have 512MB ?? Anyone else noticed this ?

Its the same on my stock 4.0.4. I have a total of 353.

How can i check what batch i have on the tablet? I must know so i dont flash to jellybean and the wifi dont works..

#53 Nekodaruma-kun

Nekodaruma-kun

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

i'm using moon reader +, it's great but laggy
same here, CPU identifier said it have 512MB DDR Modul but only 353MB usable :huh:
maybe it's limited from the rom? or bad memory module??
anyone have a full usable 512MB RAM?

#54 DrCross

DrCross

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'm still trying to get help with the Buildprop... I'm getting then feeling no one is really bothered with this device...
Ainol Elf elvish 0.3

#55 dejan13

dejan13

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

JB works greeeeeeat with this tablet. Very very fast and incredibly responsive.No force closes.Only WiFi is the problem. As I told I don't have problem with WiFi and JB. I tried to find which WiFi chip I have but no luck. If someone know how to find the WiFi chip with some app I will post here.

#56 indhut

indhut

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

JB works greeeeeeat with this tablet. Very very fast and incredibly responsive.No force closes.Only WiFi is the problem. As I told I don't have problem with WiFi and JB. I tried to find which WiFi chip I have but no luck. If someone know how to find the WiFi chip with some app I will post here.

Has you root your legend at jellybean?

Sent from my lenovo s880 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by indhut, 04 January 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#57 dejan13

dejan13

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I didn't root JB. I need help to root JB 4.1.1 Please someone. Can't root with crystal root.zip. But even without rooting 4.1.1 is the best system ever. The battery last nearly 6 - 7 hours with wifi on.I use the tablet nearly 2 weeks and so far no FC's or any other lagging. Great tablet. But I think that the JB is responsible for the flawless work.

#58 nik0tin

nik0tin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

My legend is bricked. someone help please. I used livesuit, was a mistake and now black screen

#59 Shahzad Ahmed

Shahzad Ahmed

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

My legend is bricked. someone help please. I used livesuit, was a mistake and now black screen

Bro u need to download its ICS firmware 1030. It will be recovered via livesuit. Same thing happened to me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#60 nik0tin

nik0tin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

yes yes, bricks come to life, only now all Chinese, I changed the language, but all programs are Chinese, what do I do?