• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 trist

trist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hi all,

After following the messages from all the owners of this device, I finally could get this cheap but seem very good speed and decent functions device working properly. Well almost.

Now my problem is the heat. When it gets really heat up, the screen will jump and flashing. The screen flashes when it gets too hot or low batt.

I read some where else on how to resolve this issues. This guy apply some copper plate on top of the CPU, Memory and GPU.

Now, the question is how to open it. It's a mission impossible to get this back opened without damaging it. It's basically a dead lock

I can see one of the user here has successfully opened it with 2 broken clips.

If anyone here has got a way to get the back opened and share a bit of the techniques (pictures or video), would be much appreciated. That would make this device perfect.

Please help.......

#42 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi all,

After following the messages from all the owners of this device, I finally could get this cheap but seem very good speed and decent functions device working properly. Well almost.

Now my problem is the heat. When it gets really heat up, the screen will jump and flashing. The screen flashes when it gets too hot or low batt.

I read some where else on how to resolve this issues. This guy apply some copper plate on top of the CPU, Memory and GPU.

Now, the question is how to open it. It's a mission impossible to get this back opened without damaging it. It's basically a dead lock

I can see one of the user here has successfully opened it with 2 broken clips.

If anyone here has got a way to get the back opened and share a bit of the techniques (pictures or video), would be much appreciated. That would make this device perfect.

Please help.......

Yeah, I don't know if there's a way to open it without breaking the 2 clips. I tried it myself, using a pry tool and a plastic straight edge. You just work your way around the bottom and it will start to come open. Slide the straight edge behind the pry tool and slowly open. It may take some patience, but even with the 2 clips broken it goes back on pretty easily.
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#43 trist

trist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hi Sausage Fate,

Thanks for your reply. I have more questions. Will try what you describe and give it a try.

I am having problems of getting the sausage scripts detect the device, I am not sure what I have missed. Do you know what would be the possibilities?

Also, eventhough, I have issues with the heating, so far the rest seems to be working perfect. I just want to know, if I install any of the features from the sausage scripts, does that mean that I will loose all the settings and apps that i have right now?

Thanks

#44 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hi Sausage Fate,

Thanks for your reply. I have more questions. Will try what you describe and give it a try.

I am having problems of getting the sausage scripts detect the device, I am not sure what I have missed. Do you know what would be the possibilities?

Also, eventhough, I have issues with the heating, so far the rest seems to be working perfect. I just want to know, if I install any of the features from the sausage scripts, does that mean that I will loose all the settings and apps that i have right now?

Thanks

Yeah, post those questions (script related) to that thread and use the assisted driver installation. You will probably need to reset your tablet after you install the script to get all the features, right away. Or really you can just type cleancache after rebooting, the reboot again and it will usually pick all the changes up. NO MORE QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD REGARDING THE SCRIPT...
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#45 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Guys ,

Just an update. I have sold off my Cube U18GT-2.

Cube is a nice product. The only problem is always seem to be the charger that come with the set give some iniitial problem.
As for this model. generally its a good set. High Antutu score. Better than some quad core tablets - this one score above Above 12,000 and below 13,000 on stock firmware.

The main reason I sold it away is because I would want an IPS screen tablet.
Cube U30GT Mini is a really good choice.

HD video quality really good and smooth.
Even you tube HD videos is an enjoyment to watch. The image is So sharp and crispy.

Unfortunately i can't say the same for this U18GT2. At most is OK....
I no longer have this one. BUT I'll probably stick to Cube brand of tablet. As its really one of the best among the top quality Made in China tablet.

Thanks for the help guys.

Enjoy your tablet. :)

Cheers.

#46 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Looks like cube has released some new firmware. In the process they've also evidently changed the design of the U18GT Elite, let's hope for the better. Translated and quoted from the Cube website:

Customers upgrade Brush, please be sure to consult the product machine settings model, the serial number of the product, and then select the corresponding firmware upgrade , otherwise it will create a brush machine can not boot and touch not the role of the phenomenon.
1. Airframe the serial number U18GT216GBXXXXXX Please to brush U18GT2 folder inside the firmware.
2. Fuselage the serial number U18GTS16GBXXXXXX Please brush U18GT-S folder inside firmware.
U18GT2 firmware version: V1.06-20130106
U18GTS firmware version: V1.03-20130228

So essentially there are 2 different versions, the ones that shipped before March from the factor are the U18GT-S (RK3066 tablet) and then the old style U18GT2 (or Elite RK3066). It's likely they won't update the firmware on the old tablets, but will on the new.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#47 pcaldea

pcaldea

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hello, I have cube u18gt rk3066, android 4.0, I it want to update to 4.1, am new, who is the link? excuse me, Thank you

#48 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

It's on the OP, the "Download Page for Cube", you'll need to make sure you use Google to translate most likely and then you'll find one for the "dual-core" version in there somewhere.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#49 spathias

spathias

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

there is anyway to use bluetooth or usb GPS with this device. I have a holux m-241 gps logger and I want to use it with u18gt.
I have to buy an externar bluetooth receiver?

#50 zabnat

zabnat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hello, new guy here.

I got my tablet few days ago. Model is U18GTS8GB (from serial). Screen is a little disappointment with both sensitivity and viewing angles, but I can live with it, I was just used to IPS screen before.

Rooting proved to be job for multiple try and error iterations, but finally I managed to do it with a manual procedure of manually copying superuser and su via adb. Superoneclick and other "easy" methods didn't work for me. Superoneclick for example said it was successful, but the device was not rooted.

Then a few annoying problems I'm having:
1. When the device is in sleep mode it reboots every now and then. It seems that if I put WiFi to always on, it doesn't do this (I'm not 100% about this).
2. If I turn the device off and when I start it again, my live wallpaper has changed to default wallpaper. It started doing this after rooting.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix these issues?

#51 SS_T

SS_T

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

1. When the device is in sleep mode it reboots every now and then. It seems that if I put WiFi to always on, it doesn't do this (I'm not 100% about this).

Mine seems to reboot when in sleep mode with wifi either on or off, but if the power cable plugged in it doesn't seem to reboot at all.

#52 zabnat

zabnat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Since the device boots randomly in sleep mode when WiFi is set to go off, I have been using it so that when I know I'm not using it for a while, I manually turn WiFi off before putting it to sleep. No random reboots like this, but I have noticed that it gets stuck on turning WiFi off. It says "Turning WiFi off..." and can be in that state for tens of minutes. And while in that state, I cannot turn it on again. So faulty WiFi chip or bad WiFi driver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users