438 replies to this topic

#421 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

OMG, thanks. I guess that is why the hacks don't work on Page 1! I just looked that page over again and there is no mention of color on it (found it via google 3 days back and thought I had a gold mine).

Thanks for the heads up.

The topic title is "kewlguys 1/14, 1/27, 2/15, 3/2 (WPDN) SD card enhancements". Post(s) split and moved...You just earned a spot in the wall of shame. ;)
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#422 Kiltnar

Kiltnar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

I have a question about the firmware on the support.pandigital webpage. There are a lot of different FWs listed on the page and I was curious if the "newer posts" were actually newer firmwares? R70A200 looks like the same or at least really similar FW model as the PDP. Am I wrong? Thanks for the great website and help for all of us n00bs. :)

#423 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

I have a question about the firmware on the support.pandigital webpage. There are a lot of different FWs listed on the page and I was curious if the "newer posts" were actually newer firmwares? R70A200 looks like the same or at least really similar FW model as the PDP. Am I wrong? Thanks for the great website and help for all of us n00bs. :)

Yes, the R70A200 FW is for the PDP.

Have fun and welcome to SlateDroid. ;)

"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#424 Antoine8927

Antoine8927

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have a pandigital novel and want to root it can somebody help me with it thanks

#425 BabyC

BabyC

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

I need help ! Okay so I recieved my new Pandigital novel today, I've reviewed the beginner's guide and I have no idea which version to use to flash my Novel, all the links are confusing and i don't want to bricked this thing, i have FW version SL20_20120224_B_PD_INX7E_ENG6410POP kernal version 2.6.29 it's 2012 firmware open mRKET VERSION

#426 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

I need help ! Okay so I recieved my new Pandigital novel today, I've reviewed the beginner's guide and I have no idea which version to use to flash my Novel, all the links are confusing and i don't want to bricked this thing, i have FW version SL20_20120224_B_PD_INX7E_ENG6410POP kernal version 2.6.29 it's 2012 firmware open mRKET VERSION

Hello BabyC,

Well, in the first place, Community news is the wrong forum for help with your specific device. You will want to look in the Pandigital Novel Android Tablet Discussion Subforums

Secondly, we have no confirmed compatible FWs to go with the 2012 FWs. Discussed here: Do Not Downgrade WPDN from SL20_20120224 to S10 or SH20 FW This is a 2012 dated FW reported not compatible with the 2010/2011 FWs

I will now be splitting this post ^^ and moving it for you.

Good luck and welcome to SlateDroid.

Posted Image ~cheers

#427 keldarion

keldarion

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

You first need to downgrade to the s10 firmware, format the ex SD card to a fat32, and the zip files are in the rom collection thread.... read the wiki ten times,to make sure your doing it right...

I wouldn't be posting if I had problems with the wiki, I have the zip files, I will reformat my SD card...again, and when it says do this this this and this, and none of it works, i'll be sure to let you know.

so do i unzip the files and put them onto the card? or leave it zipped up?

Edited by keldarion, 11 August 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#428 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I wouldn't be posting if I had problems with the wiki, I have the zip files, I will reformat my SD card...again, and when it says do this this this and this, and none of it works, i'll be sure to let you know.

so do i unzip the files and put them onto the card? or leave it zipped up?

:lol: Lolz... If you don't have problems with the wiki, (or maybe understanding it) then why are you asking this?

Check this link ---> HOW TO: Install FW and the CWM instructions posted HERE ;)

Posted Image ~cheers

#429 keldarion

keldarion

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

:lol: Lolz... If you don't have problems with the wiki, (or maybe understanding it) then why are you asking this?

Check this link ---> HOW TO: Install FW and the CWM instructions posted HERE ;)

I go to boot the zip file and it speeds right through the partition and boot phase even though there is only one zip file on my SD card and the slate.

I'm going to include some pertinent info here with the hopes that I can get some real help.
baseband version - unknown (yeah i know)
kernel - 2.6.29
hardware - RD201-2GB
platform software - sec_smdk6410-eng Eclair ECLAIR eng.gits.20101118.210628 test-keys
application software - s6410_PP2_BBB_2010_11_18
the memory card is 8GB and IS formatted to fat32

I have also successfully run OPDN9 - 1.3 My link

by the way just because droid programming isn't mt strong suit doesn't mean I don't understand

#430 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

I go to boot the zip file and it speeds right through the partition and boot phase even though there is only one zip file on my SD card and the slate.

I'm going to include some pertinent info here with the hopes that I can get some real help.
baseband version - unknown (yeah i know)
kernel - 2.6.29
hardware - RD201-2GB
platform software - sec_smdk6410-eng Eclair ECLAIR eng.gits.20101118.210628 test-keys
application software - s6410_PP2_BBB_2010_11_18
the memory card is 8GB and IS formatted to fat32

I have also successfully run OPDN9 - 1.3 My link

by the way just because droid programming isn't mt strong suit doesn't mean I don't understand

This topic is for White PDNs.

Your hardware version indicates a 9 inch BLACK PDN.

Your device specific posts/questions belong in the Pandigital Novel 9 Inch Android Tablet subforum.

Edit: Moving posts as per user request.

Edited by mrsburnout, 11 August 2012 - 09:20 PM.
Sending them to the wall... ;)

Posted Image ~cheers

#431 slayinu

slayinu

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Lol I got tired of pulling my hair out with honeycomb wifi so I rebuilt a 7.1 image to see if I could get wifi going with all I've learned about it in honeycomb. Should be able to directly compile a driver for this version if it's nessecary.

will this work on a pandigital star also?

#432 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

will this work on a pandigital star also?

Nope. You are posting in the White PDN developement forum. You will want to read and ask questions in the Pandigital Star subforum.

Good luck and welcome to SlateDroid.

P.S. ;) Moving this post to the wall.

Posted Image ~cheers

#433 MracK

MracK

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello I flash pandigital novel ?

#434 Mackie87

Mackie87

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Quick question(s) for you guys, hopefully you can help me out :) I was deciding on buying a 100dolar a10 tablet but maybe this one will do at half the price!

I see some refurbished White R70G100 novels here for $49.97 here. Basically I need it to do 2 things pretty well, hopefully someone can give me some inisight, I have been reading and reading about tablets and my brain hurts for now, i've watched piece of the review, will watch it again when i come back from work.

This will be for my mother, Would it run Cards games well? Im looking at Spider solitaire, Frecell and mahjong(tiles) thingy.

I found this frecell on googleplay, what do you think, will it run it well if at all?
https://play.google....nJlZWNlbGwiXQ..

and also this spider solitaire game
https://play.google....mUuc3BpZGVyIl0.

(Maybe there are some good alternatives to the above?)

Also, Im sure the review video covers it, ill watch it when i get back but...
Is web browsing sufficient with this device, or is it wayyy to sluggish to release wikis and information, stats for sports games/ standings.

Sorry if i seem lazy, Ill get right back to work on this when i return from my dreaded job.

#435 leomanalac

leomanalac

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Hello all. I tried updating my pd novel, but i get wifi problem instead.

#436 GeekGirl

GeekGirl

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi all I have read your post and I downloaded the upgrade qvc and installed in my pdn 7 inch black model running 1.5 and my wifi works but my screen does not. If I want to type a letter I have to press the letter three letters above the one I want to type. I have to roate the screen to get the back arrow and setting to respone burt home does not work at all. It appears that the screen is un calabrated and there is no app to do that. I found one app called screen test but of course it cant run it. The unit ask as though it has to version running. Does any one no how to fix this. Or does anyone know how to put it back to the orninal firmware it came with? I have done restore to factory default many times nothing changes. I still can not type on this thing. Any help please and thanks.

#437 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi all I have read your post and I downloaded the upgrade qvc and installed in my pdn 7 inch black model running 1.5 and my wifi works but my screen does not. If I want to type a letter I have to press the letter three letters above the one I want to type. I have to roate the screen to get the back arrow and setting to respone burt home does not work at all. It appears that the screen is un calabrated and there is no app to do that. I found one app called screen test but of course it cant run it. The unit ask as though it has to version running. Does any one no how to fix this. Or does anyone know how to put it back to the orninal firmware it came with? I have done restore to factory default many times nothing changes. I still can not type on this thing. Any help please and thanks.

Hello GeekGirl,

For starters, you are posting in the wrong sub-forum.

Please read and ask your questions in the Pandigital Novel Black and QVC Multi-Colored Tablet Subforums

Good luck getting the help you need and welcome to SlateDroid.

Regards,
Mrsburnout :drinks:

edit: split posts from the obsolete topic and moved to the hijack thread.

Edited by mrsburnout, 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM.
;)

Posted Image ~cheers

#438 traumaguy

traumaguy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

does anyone know if they have hack for sh20_2011? thanks

#439 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

does anyone know if they have hack for sh20_2011? thanks

Hello newbie...
and welcome to SLD.

The blue words are links. Please read through them.

Thanks and good luck with your wpdn.

White PDN Owners START HERE

REQUIRED Reading: PDN FW Development Board

POST NEWBIE QUESTIONS HERE

Announcement: ATTN: Pandigital Novel/Tablet Users

Wiki - Introduction to the Pandigital Novel

ps.s splitting this OT post and sending to the wall ;)

Edited by mrsburnout, 04 January 2013 - 11:08 AM.
cheers!!

Posted Image ~cheers