Find your thread hijack here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
438 replies to this topic

#1 arlittell

arlittell

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hey, I know this is a little off topic, but I just got my Novel, and I keep getting this error where my download fails in the marketplace...does anyone know how to fix it?

#2 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

This thread will become the dumping ground for thread hijacks. A "hijack" is when you post an off-topic post into a specific topic thread. I do not interpret joking, or ribbing, or kudos as hijack, but when someone posts about, say, installing market, and you ask about getting your device connected, you just hijacked. There are waaaaay too many posts and threads for you to be completely unable to find a thread to necro (post to an old thread to bring it back up) to find your answer. Make no mistake, this thread is not a place you want your post to be. It makes it less likely you will get an answer, and it is a badge of shame. Do yourself a favor and either look around, or start a new thread.

#3 nchntrman

nchntrman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationIndian Shores & Gainesville

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

OH please can we vote on them??? Is this the correct place to post my entry?

#4 gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

...to find a thread to necro (post to an old thread to bring it back up) to find your answer.

I thought it was called "bump"...? Necro, really? So morbid.-Matt

#5 clockworx

clockworx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

HEY EVERYONE!!!! I'm new here and super thrilled to have JUST gotten my new novel. So far I haven't done anything with it (totally scared), can anyone give me instructions on what to do?!? I'm a total noob at this so plz be patient!
  • mrsburnout likes this

#6 ritchea

ritchea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

ROFLMAO! Thnx for that.

#7 arlittell

arlittell

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

[quote name='arlittell;44435]Hey' date=' I know this is a little off topic, but I just got my Novel, and I keep getting this error where my download fails in the marketplace...does anyone know how to fix it?[/QUOTE'] ok, just to be clear...this was a total joke. My marketplace is working fine, though I am a little insulted that no one helped me... ;-)And, I really didn't want a badge of shame :-(

#8 nchntrman

nchntrman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationIndian Shores & Gainesville

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

damn clockworx u beat me to it.. :D

#9 JulieB

JulieB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

This is not the thread you're looking for. Move along.

#10 cutterjohn

cutterjohn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

[quote name='arlittell;44959]ok' date=' just to be clear...this was a total joke. My marketplace is working fine, though I am a little insulted that no one helped me... ;-)And, I really didn't want a badge of shame :-([/QUOTE']Just edit it to say "First Post!"

#11 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

Little did I know the wall of shame would be the hot spot to jabber. We need a tard cart board on here... Hey mike, can we start a tard cart board?Can I get away with posting like I'm a newbie or do my 1,100+ ( <:-o ) posts give me away too much?

#12 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

[quote name='gadgetrants;44929]I thought it was called "bump"...? Necro' date=' really? So morbid.[/QUOTE']"Bump" is when the thread is unresolved but cooled (no one answers your question). "Necro" is when the thread is resolved (poster got an answer), but you have a similar problem and need to build on the answer or get more answers.

#13 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

If a necro keeps coming back, do we call it a zombie ... re-neck is just too close to redneck. How about vampire for a question that you've answered 17 times and doing it again just sucks the blood right out of your head?Speak of the devil, er ... whatever undead thing just brought back the month old thread on rooting the PDN.
  • mrsburnout likes this

#14 geebekazoo

geebekazoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

[quote name='Mark Adams;45414]If a necro keeps coming back' date=' do we call it a zombie ... re-neck is just too close to redneck. How about vampire for a question that you've answered 17 times and doing it again just sucks the blood right out of your head?Speak of the devil, er ... whatever undead thing just brought back the month old thread on rooting the PDN.[/QUOTE'] ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!! No further comment......

#15 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

My life is the movie groundhog day...

#16 oozeeh

oozeeh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:53 PM

uhm.. can i has how-to for turning on novel?!?ps: sorry for being gone forever.. i missed the whole non-ugly market hack (which i guess doesnt work atm) and teh omg teh n0v37 g0t r00t3d. i left my novel at my gf's when i last visited her.
  • mrsburnout likes this

#17 cosmos

cosmos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

Softly touch it's screen and whisper dirty words into it's microphone

#18 secretseven

secretseven

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

she cant hear you, no mic, sign language? no camera, now what?

#19 oozeeh

oozeeh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

brail? i will try to put the brail kama-sutra on her *cough* crappy *cough* resistive touchscreen...

#20 gortyargen

gortyargen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

The assumption we are all making is that Pandigital actually give a rats *arse and that if we bug them enough they will do the right thing and release the source. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think they are a bunch of tossers who don't give a crap about us and they'll continue to fob us off until we just give up and move on. Love to be proven wrong.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users