Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find your thread hijack here

55K views 438 replies 108 participants last post by  mrsburnout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, I know this is a little off topic, but I just got my Novel, and I keep getting this error where my download fails in the marketplace...does anyone know how to fix it?

#2 ·
This thread will become the dumping ground for thread hijacks. A "hijack" is when you post an off-topic post into a specific topic thread. I do not interpret joking, or ribbing, or kudos as hijack, but when someone posts about, say, installing market, and you ask about getting your device connected, you just hijacked. There are waaaaay too many posts and threads for you to be completely unable to find a thread to necro (post to an old thread to bring it back up) to find your answer. Make no mistake, this thread is not a place you want your post to be. It makes it less likely you will get an answer, and it is a badge of shame. Do yourself a favor and either look around, or start a new thread.

#7 ·
[quote name='arlittell;44435]Hey' date=' I know this is a little off topic, but I just got my Novel, and I keep getting this error where my download fails in the marketplace...does anyone know how to fix it?[/QUOTE'] ok, just to be clear...this was a total joke. My marketplace is working fine, though I am a little insulted that no one helped me... ;-)And, I really didn't want a badge of shame :-(

#11 ·
Little did I know the wall of shame would be the hot spot to jabber. We need a tard cart board on here... Hey mike, can we start a tard cart board?Can I get away with posting like I'm a newbie or do my 1,100+ ( <:-o ) posts give me away too much?

#12 ·
[quote name='gadgetrants;44929]I thought it was called "[B]bump[/B]"...? Necro' date=' really? So morbid.[/QUOTE']"Bump" is when the thread is unresolved but cooled (no one answers your question). "Necro" is when the thread is resolved (poster got an answer), but you have a similar problem and need to build on the answer or get more answers.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
If a necro keeps coming back, do we call it a zombie ... re-neck is just too close to *******. How about vampire for a question that you've answered 17 times and doing it again just sucks the blood right out of your head?Speak of the devil, er ... whatever undead thing just brought back the month old thread on rooting the PDN.

Reactions: mrsburnout
#14 ·
[quote name='Mark Adams;45414]If a necro keeps coming back' date=' do we call it a zombie ... re-neck is just too close to *******. How about vampire for a question that you've answered 17 times and doing it again just sucks the blood right out of your head?Speak of the devil, er ... whatever undead thing just brought back the month old thread on rooting the PDN.[/QUOTE'] ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!! No further comment......

#15 ·
My life is the movie groundhog day...

#20 ·
The assumption we are all making is that Pandigital actually give a rats ass and that if we bug them enough they will do the right thing and release the source. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think they are a bunch of tossers who don't give a crap about us and they'll continue to fob us off until we just give up and move on. Love to be proven wrong.............

#21 ·
What the hell is a "tosser?" Speak AMERICAN dammit!!!

#23 ·
How about an NSFW warning, jackass...:-O

#25 ·
We'll be sending some of this to the wall of shame now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.