#1 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Well, I was blown away by the Momo 12 10.1" and I got brave and ordered the Momo 7 Dual-Core.

Here is a run-down of specs:

Display:
7 inch(16:9)
Resolution:1024*600,IPS Screen,OGS TP,5 Points Multi-touch

CPU:
Rockchips-RK3066,Cortex-A9*2(Dual-Core),1.6GHz

RAM:
DDRIII 1GB

Storage:
Built-in 16GB(8GB,16GB optional)
External Micro-SD card is extendable from 512MB to 32GB

System:
Google Android 4.1 OS(Jelly Bean)

Network:
Wifi:Built-in Wifi Module,IEEE 802.11b/g/n

Camera:
Front Camera:0.3 Mega
(Rear Camera 2.0 Mega is available)

Battery:
4,000 mAh(working time:4-5 hours)

Special Design:
Ultra-thin,IPS Screen,HDMI Output,High Resolution

They aren't kidding about Ultra-Thin either... It is a delicious razor-thin 8.6mm... yes 8.6... And it still manages to pack in a 4,000 mAh battery where others are mostly only packing 3000 mAh.

I am really excited to get my hands on these for testing. We pre-sold 3 units and they ship from China tomorrow.

If anyone else is interested in pre-sell pricing give me a shout.

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 mikethefool

mikethefool

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi,
I'm really interested by this tab. Good specs. nice design, I hope a good battery life (4 000 mah). As you said, other brands uses battery between 3000 and 3700 in general !!
I wait your first impressions on this momo7 dual core.

#3 marcoshdhdh

marcoshdhdh

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

hi i have one and is very good i think it play all games on market... i want cyanogen mod so much... it will happen?

#4 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Well, third unit is sold. My contact in HK got 3 units bought, quality checked (according to our QC list) and sent in like 32 hours. Not bad! If anyone else wants one by Christmas it is most like too late. :( I can still try though :). Just email me if you are interested. sales@topnotchtablets.com
  • kellogg likes this
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#5 mikethefool

mikethefool

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi marcoshdhdh,
Could you tell how d'you find battery life. How long it last for web browsing and video ?
Thanks.

#6 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi marcoshdhdh,
Could you tell how d'you find battery life. How long it last for web browsing and video ?
Thanks.

Hmmm. I just did a test on a Momo 12 device (10.1" very bright IPS HD screen) at 75% brightness with WiFi connected. It has a 6000 mAh battery (really does, I checked) and the same processor/setup internally as the Momo 7.

The device went about 5 hours and 45 minutes. So, roughly stating about an hour per 1000 mAh of battery...

Translating that into a 4000 mAh device with a 7" screen...

I am going to say you will probably get 4 hours 15 minutes - 4 hours 30 minutes for Web Browsing at the same comparable brightness level. For the record, 75% on the Momo 12 is what I would term as "exceedingly" bright. The panel used in that device is the same as the Transformer Prime TF201 (I also checked that...).

Sorry, no hard battery test, but I think that is a fairly good guesstimate.

Regards,

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 07 December 2012 - 12:59 PM.

-Ayn Rand

#7 marcoshdhdh

marcoshdhdh

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

i will make a video today or tomorow

#8 marcoshdhdh

marcoshdhdh

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hi marcoshdhdh,
Thanks.

internet browsing maybe 3 hours video i dont know

#9 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

i see they have another one out momo7 talent , what is your take on that one, same specs but 10 touch instead of 5 touch and screen is higher resolution ,, does your momo 7 not centered screen has more black on the right side than the left/ that is weir to me , lmk why they did that and what your take is , im in NC as well btw
thanks message me a price on both the momo7 and the talent from your vendor please, thanksagain

#10 d31m0n

d31m0n

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

between momo7 and ainol novo crystal, which one better?

#11 mikethefool

mikethefool

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Momo 7 : 16 GB and 4 000 mah battery, new design
Ainol crystal : 8 GB and 3 700 mah battery, same design as Elf
Momo7 seems to be a better choice, but I'm not sure that momo7 has a better battery life! Battery life is the most important for me...Maybe forthcoming new quad core tabs will have great battery life because of the smallest core architecture (28nm Rockchip RK3188)

#12 Con

Con

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

I will never buy ainol again.

#13 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

between momo7 and ainol novo crystal, which one better?

Hand's down the Momo7. The Momo 7 uses an IPS screen (granted its not the best but it is IPS) not an MVA screen. So the screen should be much better.

The Momo 7 uses the significantly better/faster/more stable/more power efficient RK3066 processor, the Crystal on the other hand is stuck with the AmLogic.

Finally, Ainol by and large makes crap... Ployer on the other hand has made SOME crap but mostly they build good units and the Momo 7 is one such unit :).

That is my probably biased opinion but the facts about the processor are just that, facts. RK3066 is much > AmLogic.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#14 CCAA

CCAA

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi,

i have a Momo7 and i like it very much. It's fast and has a great Screen ad Ployer is good in firmware support.
At the moment there are a few known issues, experience from flashmyandroid Forum with firmware dated 3.12.12:

1) double-tapping is required, as confirmed by other users (It's like the touchscreen goes to sleep after 5 seconds and needs a tap to wake up)
2) battery charging is still having issues (for me it seems be better in this release)
3) battery heats up during high-processing loads
4) lags / hangs occasionally in the "settings"
5) screen flickers on highest brightness settings in certain applications (similar to Hyundai's A7HD prior to firmware update)
6) screen tearing during some 3d apps (tested on Temple Run Brave 1.2)
7) "SD card unexpectedly removed" is still present.

And one thing i noticed is that CPU is clocked at 1200Mhz, was 1400 in last FW release, don't know why ployer reduced it.
Would like to see it at 1600 as the cpu can do it.

We are looking forward to the next Firmware release an maybe here are some good FW Developers who can play around with the Code ^^

I'm not a developer and i'm looking around in different Forums to find FW for my Momo7. I'm currently running a modded FW from Arctablet Forum.
Maybe Roman can play around with the FW and make a good one for the Momo7 he is selling and for us ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Android 4.1 JB rooted firmware for the Ployer MOMO7 RK3066 (901 16G) tablet, based on official firmware (MOMO7-4.1.1-RK901-121203.zip)

Kernel: Linux version 3.0.8+ (cxx@caixiaoxun) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #36 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 1 16:31:42 CST 2012
Android 4.1 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.1.1/JRO03H/20120903.182259:eng/release-keys

Android system seems identical to previous version (2012/11/10) only Linux Kernel has been updated.

Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 0.99 (free version)
- writable /system partition
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- increased space for application (/data partition) to 2 Gb

Download: Part1 Part2

Source: Arctablet.com

Regards from Germany

Marc

#15 lettuce

lettuce

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I have an ainol elf 2 and a ployer momo7 ips.

I have had issues with both.

My first elf 2 was sent back as it buzzed and got VERY hot. drakotec where I bought it were very good and sent a replacement straight away. However, wifi performance was awful. After sagreement with drakotek I opened the unitand did some soldering on the antenna.I now have an excellent elf 2, running on Light elf firmware. It is stable and performs well. Battery life is excellent, with over 5hrs of movies on low cpu.

The momo7 I had was excellent in principle but kept turning itself off randomly. I have sent it back to gtr electronics who have been great and I am awaiting my replacement. I think this was a one off as I, and gtr had not heard of this problem before.

As the elf2 is similar to the crystal, I can compare pretty much everthing except the screen. Elf screen is good, for a tft as long as you hold it straight..

#16 lettuce

lettuce

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I have an ainol elf 2 and a ployer momo7 ips.

I have had issues with both.

My first elf 2 was sent back as it buzzed and got VERY hot. drakotec where I bought it were very good and sent a replacement straight away. However, wifi performance was awful. After sagreement with drakotek I opened the unitand did some soldering on the antenna.I now have an excellent elf 2, running on Light elf firmware. It is stable and performs well. Battery life is excellent, with over 5hrs of movies on low cpu.

The momo7 I had was excellent in principle but kept turning itself off randomly. I have sent it back to gtr electronics who have been great and I am awaiting my replacement. I think this was a one off as I, and gtr had not heard of this problem before.

As the elf2 is similar to the crystal, I can compare pretty much everthing except the screen. Elf screen is good, for a tft as long as you hold it straight.. yhe momo 7 ips screen is obviously better?

The elf2 batterylife seems better, but its hard to tell as the momo7 batttery indicator is so random (I've had to patch the elf one as rpthat was no better.

Performance appears roughly equal with similar benchmark scores (although I could not test thr momo after the first day as it kept shutting down.

The momo looks better, being so thin' but why they made the screen not centred I don't know.

The ainol has a proprietory case. I've not yet seen one for the momo7
The elf is great due to the community support. Once the momo7 has that backing (if it does) then the stabilty will improve with firmware and the extra rear camera will take it above the elf/crystal.

If ainol release a stable Venus tablet at a good price soon, there will need to be a rethink. With a quad core, 1280 pixels, gps and bluetooth, it may be light years ahead of the competition. However, how soon and how stable??

#17 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Hi,

i have a Momo7 and i like it very much. It's fast and has a great Screen ad Ployer is good in firmware support.
At the moment there are a few known issues, experience from flashmyandroid Forum with firmware dated 3.12.12:

1) double-tapping is required, as confirmed by other users (It's like the touchscreen goes to sleep after 5 seconds and needs a tap to wake up)
2) battery charging is still having issues (for me it seems be better in this release)
3) battery heats up during high-processing loads
4) lags / hangs occasionally in the "settings"
5) screen flickers on highest brightness settings in certain applications (similar to Hyundai's A7HD prior to firmware update)
6) screen tearing during some 3d apps (tested on Temple Run Brave 1.2)
7) "SD card unexpectedly removed" is still present.

And one thing i noticed is that CPU is clocked at 1200Mhz, was 1400 in last FW release, don't know why ployer reduced it.
Would like to see it at 1600 as the cpu can do it.

We are looking forward to the next Firmware release an maybe here are some good FW Developers who can play around with the Code ^^

I'm not a developer and i'm looking around in different Forums to find FW for my Momo7. I'm currently running a modded FW from Arctablet Forum.
Maybe Roman can play around with the FW and make a good one for the Momo7 he is selling and for us ;)

Android 4.1 JB rooted firmware for the Ployer MOMO7 RK3066 (901 16G) tablet, based on official firmware (MOMO7-4.1.1-RK901-121203.zip)

Download: Part1 Part2

Source: Arctablet.com

Regards from Germany

Marc

Thanks for the full update!

Questions on things...

1) I never did experience this issue during testing of any of the 3 units I recently sold. Maybe it was fixed?

2) I always used a wall-charger and charging seemed to be pretty quick? Are you on a wall charger or plugging into PC? Also, did you note that Ployer tablets are currently the only RK3066 units that can charge while completely turned off?

3) I did note the unit ran a bit warm. I am guess that is the RK3066 processor though and not the battery? The temp primarily seemed to be warm on the side with the ports (which is also the side with the electronics.)

4) Didn't experience this either? Perhaps I was on newer firmware. I will check.

5) Which apps? I noticed go-launcher HD flickers on the PiPo M1 but swapping out the launcher fixes it. I didn't note any flicker on the Momo 7 during testing.

6) I didn't test any games 3D applications :(. Damn. I have 2 more units coming in, I will test.

7) On every RK3066 tablet that I am aware of.... bloody annoying. Every PiPo Tablet I carried had this, both yuandao RK3066 tablets I carried experienced it, and now the Ployer tablets as well. This is an RK3066 issue. I was hoping it was fixed with the newer boards that Ployer is using.

Someone else noted the speed of the processor being clocked down to 1.2 Ghz. I will check that as well.

I have firmware put together for this unit based on the latest I was able to get my hands on as of a week or so ago. I will launch it in the forum. Let me check what version it was based on...

MOMO7-4.1.1-RK901-121203

That was the stock stuff I used as a base...

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#18 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

1) Yes, have noticed the screen tap issue... it is kind of ridiculously annoying. I am almost 100% positive it has got to be a firmware issue. It is just too consistent in the timing of it not to be.

3) Processor does still run a bit warm. It can clock up to 1.4 Ghz in the current firmware.

4) No settings lag/hang yet

5) Please list some applications to test. Curious to see if this is still present in the latest build.

6) No screen tear in the original Temple Run game. I don't own the one you mentioned. Any other free games I can test? I actually do own quite a few 3D games as well so list a few.

7) Haven't tested SD card yet.

The number one issue is by far the biggest concern. If they get that fixed I would be pretty happy. Anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this so I can try to fix it?

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#19 Jarvis Bickle

Jarvis Bickle

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Ployer Momo7 has better quality screen than Window N70? Is there possible run top Gameloft games like Modern Combat 3/4, N.O.V.A 3, Gangstar Rio?
PM7 is very interesting, but N70 has nice community, and few cutom roms.

Price for both is 120$. Is there another alternative?

#20 Jarvis Bickle

Jarvis Bickle

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yuandao Window N70 for 115$, or Ployer Momo7 Speed for 118$?
The most important is screen quality and community/compatybility (custom roms).

Please, answer me.