6 replies to this topic

#1 johnbor

johnbor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hi everyone,
Well the one shortfall i find as atablet owner and user is that printing is not supported by android.
In todays age of WiFi, i cannot see that printing support cannot be built into the Android Os.

There are many number of printing apps available both free and fee, but most of the free apps require fee to print anything other than a test page.

My question is what do others use and what is the best option for printing from a android tablet.
I would like to be able to print to WiFi network printers at work, client offices, as well as out and about whereever printers are available.

Thanks Johnbor

#2 curly

curly

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Check out printer share. Free app on play store. Works treaty with my HP wireless printer

Sent from my N90 DUAL CORE2 V11 using Tapatalk 2

#3 johnbor

johnbor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks curly, but i have already tried printershare. Yes its free but oy if you want to print a test page then you have to purchase to do any real printing.
I have looked at google cloud printing but thats not much use. Our printers are stand alone (not connected to computers) but just connected to our wireless networks. They are not cloud ready so according to cloud printer are reqd to be connected to a comp with google chrome.
I just think that there must be something out there but as yet i cant seem to find it. Besides why couldnt something be built into android os to allow some degree of printing

#4 bcgal08

bcgal08

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSW USA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi everyone,
Well the one shortfall i find as atablet owner and user is that printing is not supported by android.
In todays age of WiFi, i cannot see that printing support cannot be built into the Android Os.

There are many number of printing apps available both free and fee, but most of the free apps require fee to print anything other than a test page.

My question is what do others use and what is the best option for printing from a android tablet.
I would like to be able to print to WiFi network printers at work, client offices, as well as out and about whereever printers are available.

Thanks Johnbor

I too wondered about this. I have Kingsoft Office on my N70 and noticed there was a print option for DOC files. I connected my N70 to the my printer and was hoping my document would begin printing but it was a no go :nea:

I wish there were a way to simply plug the OTG cable and hook it up to the printers USB. That would make things so simple! I do not wish to fuss about signing up for a cloud service and configuring details for my printer to work with my N70.

If anyone has any leads please share :) :) :)

Thanks!

Edited by bcgal08, 09 December 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#5 Twiggy821

Twiggy821

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Thanks curly, but i have already tried printershare. Yes its free but oy if you want to print a test page then you have to purchase to do any real printing.
I have looked at google cloud printing but thats not much use. Our printers are stand alone (not connected to computers) but just connected to our wireless networks. They are not cloud ready so according to cloud printer are reqd to be connected to a comp with google chrome.
I just think that there must be something out there but as yet i cant seem to find it. Besides why couldnt something be built into android os to allow some degree of printing

I have only found Printershare as well, and not wanting to buy an app that should be free and make these tablets more useful.
Please advise

#6 johnbor

johnbor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

I have only found Printershare as well, and not wanting to buy an app that should be free and make these tablets more useful.
Please advise

Twiggy
I am still sitting on the fence on this one. I don't belive that any app which is based around cloud printing is acceptable at all, security and privacy wise.

Still just print to pdf and move to usb stick and print on my pc
Johnb

#7 NY Yankee

NY Yankee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Try out Printbot.

It enables you to print 3x per month for free, if you need more you have to pay for it. But unless you only have to print something out from time to time it's ok.