Android Tablets Forum banner

Is this a bad sign?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bartvangils 
#1 ·
So, the other day I plugged in my Ainol Novo to charge, leaving it overnight, like I do all the time after using up most of the battery. I woke up the next morning and unplugged the device and tried to turn it on. But it wouldn't. I tried holding down the button, hoping perhaps I could reboot it. However, nothing worked, until I plugged it in.

Then, it turned on, but showed the charging battery it shows when it is charging after being shut down. Then, it claimed to have zero battery and then, to my astonishment, it did a factory reset by itself. I didn't even turn it on fully yet, and it did so, wiping out all my data and forcing me to re-put all my apps and documents on. Also had to put the language settings back into English. Took me a little while to figure out where I needed to go to make the changes.

It had a problem before the reset where the time wouldn't stay synced with actual time. Like it slowly would get further and further ahead of what the time really was. Like, one day it was half an hour faster than the actual time, and it does it by itself. Someone suggested I should do a reset, well, when it did the reset, I checked it out, and it didn't fix the problem at all.

So, is this a bad sign? Where after ten hours of charging, it claimed it hadn't charged and then did a random factory reset? It hasn't done that to me since.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, cyanogenmod 10 is out (Android 4.1) Unofficial, but just so nice! >> http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/40611-romjbunofficial-cyanogenmod-10-for-advanced-ii/

I had many problems with my ainol tablet, also with loading.
95% of the Cheap tablets are bad, if you want a really good tablet with 7 inch buy a Google Nexus 7, that only 250$.
(im not sponsored by google)

Im porbably never gonna buy an ainol tablet, or either a allwiner a10, ar a tablet with cortex proccesor within.

Good luck.

#6 ·
I don't agree with you.
I have now almost one year the Ainol Novo Advanced II, and it still works fine. Now my youngest son (2,5 years old) uses it.
Meanwhile, I have also bought an Yuandao N90 dual-core for myself, and an Icoo D70Pro II for my oldest son (5,5 years old).
I'm very happy with these 3 tablets, for a total price of €350; for that price, you hardly have only 1 iPad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.