• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 tectonics

tectonics

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I haven't experienced this problem but I'll check further

Thanks Antani121 for all the technical solutions as well as screenshots. I got the diode and tried the soldering processes. The two components to which the diode needs to connect to are so close to one another that I couldn't get the diode to stick. However, in the process, I guess I must have added a little extra solder to the two components on the board and I can confirm that my Pipo's dead touchscreen is back to life WITHOUT the diode. I'm thinking just maybe there's a cold/weak solder joint and all it really needs is a bit of extra soldering to get it to reconnect again.

I've been using my Pipo again to make sure the screen doesn't die out on me and so far so good. The last time, it didn't even have a grand total of 4-5 hours of use before the screen went. So far, I think I've put about 10-12 hours of total use and the screen is still holding.

#22 solomonella

solomonella

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

is the back cover metal/aluminum? maybe its causing some sort of interference/short or something similar that causes the flickering. look for exposed parts that might get in contact on the back cover..try covering it with tape and see if the problem disappears when you reinstall the back cover..

#23 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

prior to the fix there was no flickering, after the fix an insulating tape was put over the diode just like in the screenshots, nothing else was removed/altered.

#24 bayhog

bayhog

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

The fix worked for me. Now
My other problem was they sent the wrong battery charger. I found one for 3.98 on ########### and that solved that problem. I do not know which firmware to use pipo English updated in DEC or the TNT version.

thanks to everyone !!¡!!!!!!

#25 joku131

joku131

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Ijust received my M3 wifi two days ago. The display worked fine for the beginning, but when I left it to charge foe couple of hours, the display no longer responded. Today I opened it up and measured between the shown points and I'm getting zero voltages. Tested the meter with a battery and it works. Any hints ?

#26 rossofuego

rossofuego

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have a 3g Pipo m2 with touch inverted after reflashing.
the solution of the diode also works for this?

#27 Fransg

Fransg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks all for your help and information on this page. I used it gratefully to (hopefully) fix the Pipo of a friend. I posted a description and pictures on: my blog

#28 Fransg

Fransg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

PS: the tablet has been on the charger and it works again so the operation was a success!
Posted Image

#29 teamloks

teamloks

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

actually u all doesnt need diode just need to resolder back because original soldering too weak...i just fix it myself without diode

#30 gwgos21

gwgos21

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hello everyone I need your help.After 4 months with my pipo m3 wifi appeared to me suddenly the touch issue.Also a buzzing sound only when screen is on like older tv`s did.I took the tablet to a professional and he soldered the diode.The method succeeded and the screen worked normal again but the sound did not stop.Came home semi-happy(buzzing sound,thought that noise would gone with diode fix) and few hours later put tablet in charge and cant believe this...Problem came to me again.Dead touch screen.Went again to the shop and tell him to measure the voltage as antani and we see 3,3v.I dont know what to do even him where the volts are lost.Please anyone have an idea or something....

Edited by gwgos21, 30 April 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#31 patrykowski

patrykowski

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Pics from 1st post are dead.