• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well I was lucky enough to experience even this issue......
After a reboot, my touchscreen suddently stop working.

This is how I solved it. Big thanks to Tablet_Collector and NicolasG for pointing out how to solve it.

I followed the GUIDE here:
Posted Image

1) first I measured the voltage on those pins. It was 18.36 V (far different from the 15V that it was supposed to be).
2) I soldered a DIODE ( Silicon Diode 1N4148 - 75V 150mA 4.0ns ) as shown in the picture above.
3) Checked again the voltage and it was 15V
4) Last I isolated the whole thing.

here a picture of the mod:
Posted Image

and after the isolation:
Posted Image

But this time I have to say it was not an easy mod! The pins on the board are really really small and it was not easy to solder the diode properly... Plus at first I put the diode the wrong way...

Anyway now I have the touchscreen back, full working. :drinks:

Edited by antani121, 05 December 2012 - 01:13 PM.

• GalacticTeapot likes this

#2 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

If anybody wants a diode just ask me. I got a package of 5.... <_<

#3 GalacticTeapot

GalacticTeapot

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Awesome. Will bookmark this as a reference for the future. :D

This and your wifi mod should be stickied.

#4 Malaquai

Malaquai

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hi, just another question, do you de soldering the wires from battery before solder the diode?
I think to put the diode when upgrade the antennas. I didn't have the screen issue yet, but I prevent it. Very thanks.

Sent from my Pipo M3 tablet.

Edited by Malaquai, 06 December 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#5 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hi, just another question, do you de soldering the wires from battery before solder the diode?
I think to put the diode when upgrade the antennas. I didn't have the screen issue yet, but I prevent it. Very thanks.

Sent from my Pipo M3 tablet.

yes, I desoldered it, just to make sure it didn't create any other problem

#6 Kenneth Wong

Kenneth Wong

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hi Antani, my M3 3G having touchscreen dead problem 2 days ago after 3 weeks of using. I thinking either sending back to reseller (very high cost to send back)or use your approach to fix the problem. But, I don't have soldering tools and skill to do that, is this high risk to do?

#7 tectonics

tectonics

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

My Pipo M2 3G too has a dead touchscreen after a few hours of use. I'm not skilled at all with soldering so I know it'll be a disaster? I'm in Toronto Canada. If anyone who happens to know how to do this and happens to live in Toronto, please let me know.
The cost of shipping it to China for repairs is almost $200 which isn't worth it; let alone not knowing if it'll ever be sent back to me.

Thanks to everyone for all their posts and solving this problem.

#8 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hi Antani, my M3 3G having touchscreen dead problem 2 days ago after 3 weeks of using. I thinking either sending back to reseller (very high cost to send back)or use your approach to fix the problem. But, I don't have soldering tools and skill to do that, is this high risk to do?

avoid doing it if you don't have any soldering skills ^_^

#9 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

looks like I've joined the club as well, bought 2 tablets and one of them just stopped responding to touch. The other one still works but I'm thinking I might do it as well just incase. However I can't quite figure out how to open it, or where to start from. Any ideas, perhaps pics ? I've read the other topic and it says using credit cards & top right corner from the back, but I can't quite see any "opening" to slide the card through or any tool for that matter.

#10 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've read the other topic and it says using credit cards & top right corner from the back,

you have to open it from the FRONT, and I suggest to start from the top left corner. On the right side it's a bit harder to start due all the plugs like AC, usb, etc...

It's incredibly easy to do it, trust me :drinks:

#11 Duder

Duder

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi. I can confirm that the 1N4148 75V 150mA diode advice worked for me. I'm no electronics expert... Removing the back of the case without damaging or scratching it was a bit of a struggle and the soldering wasn't easy. Managed to get it to hold after 4-5 attempts.

#12 tectonics

tectonics

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

you have to open it from the FRONT, and I suggest to start from the top left corner. On the right side it's a bit harder to start due all the plugs like AC, usb, etc...

It's incredibly easy to do it, trust me :drinks:

Antani121, can you please post a couple of pictures of where to start opening these tablets (pretend you're opening it). I have an M2 and want to see if the diode addition will fix my touchscreen problem; but have no idea where to begin at the front to pry the case apart. A couple of pictures would be very much appreciated.

#13 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Antani121, can you please post a couple of pictures of where to start opening these tablets (pretend you're opening it). I have an M2 and want to see if the diode addition will fix my touchscreen problem; but have no idea where to begin at the front to pry the case apart. A couple of pictures would be very much appreciated.

here you go:
Posted Image

Red arrows indicate where you have to lift the front case.
Yellow line indicates the border of the front case which goes all around the tablet.

#14 ottogiugno

ottogiugno

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I can confirm that the diod trick solved the touchscreen issue.
:-)

#15 tectonics

tectonics

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

here you go:
Posted Image

Red arrows indicate where you have to lift the front case.
Yellow line indicates the border of the front case which goes all around the tablet.

Thank you very much for accommodating this request. I'll try my Pipo M2 and see if it behaves the same as your M3 and has a similar board to solder on the diode.

#16 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I couldn't get it from that corner, there simply wasn't any opening to utilize, however through the bottom left corner I was able to start opening the tablet and successfully got it opened. I ended up breaking one of the clips (top middle one) even though I was as careful as I could be :(. The diode fix was easy, I had a professional do it but it took under 5 minutes, and it was very cheap. So thank you for posting this detailed explanation. After closing it, there is no noticeable difference from the broken clip so I suppose thats good.

Edited by 01101110110110, 17 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#17 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ok i'm beginning to notice something that wasn't there after the fix. For some reason the screen flickers rapidly in the middle when the 3G module is on. Its random, so sometimes it doesn't do that, and it doesn't do it across the entire screen either, just from top to bottom, with lines of about 5cm flickering then disappearing. If I disable the 3G it no longer happens, anyone experienced something similar ? any idea what this is ?

#18 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

ok upon closer inspection it appears the screen is flickering whenever data is being sent/recieved, otherwise nothing happens. Any idea why ? Could it be the diode ? or did something else break ?

#19 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

ok upon closer inspection it appears the screen is flickering whenever data is being sent/recieved, otherwise nothing happens. Any idea why ? Could it be the diode ? or did something else break ?

I haven't experienced this problem but I'll check further

Edited by antani121, 22 January 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#20 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

i've reopened the tablet and the problem disappeared (back cover open), but as soon as I close the cover the screen flickers whenever I use the 3G module. It doesn't always appear, but it seems to be when I'm starting a connection mostly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users