Android Tablets Forum banner

HELP! PIPO S1 Boot loop

13K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  LuckyMe 
#1 ·
Hi guys, need help with my pipo s1. The battery was zero before I started charging it. When I was charging it I realised it wasn't charging and is 'stuck' in a boot loop. The pipo logo comes up then the screen goes black then the logo comes back again. Also, the red LED light the shows its charging comes on then turns off then turns on and off again! Is it bricked or something?

How can I fix this guys?

#4 ·
almost same problem with you. its battery got drained one day then after plugging it to charger, tried both usb and ac, its screen wont display anything. its red led light (charging indicator)still shows upon plugging. I can still hear clicking sound through my earphone when I push the power button. I tried volume plus power and pushing reset button alternately ,but still no luck. can anyone help me?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have 2-S1 tablets and both have the same problem. I bought them from e-bay for a christmas present. They worked fine for a few days then on Christmas day they started the boot loop. I also ge the message "Unfortunately the proccess android.process.acore has stopped.

UPDATE:....
After scanning the firmware/development thread, I decided to load the release 3 firmware. Topnotchtablets' instructions made the process seem simple (and it was). The firmware appears to have fixed the boot-loop problem but it completely wiped everything on my tablet so I have to find new widgets and applications. I like the new look better than the factory shipped desktop.

My profound thanks to all you SlateDroid Advanced Members; I really appreciate the usefullness of this forum.

#7 ·
I have seen this problem with an apparent boot loop on my Pipo S1 just a few days ago. What fixed it for me was to use the external USB wall charger from my Note 2. That charger puts out 2 Amps. My Droid X chager puts out 800mA, and that would not prevent the "looping". What I think the problem is is that the battery was completely discharged and when hooked up to a low current charger, it gives it enough juice to try and start up, but then the tablet uses up that initial charge and shuts off, then repeats. When I gave it enough juice to boot up and charge the battery at the same time, no more "looping". The lower amperage chargers probably still work when the tablet is not completely discharged, but I have not verified this yet.

If this tablet would charge without having to be booted up, there probably wouldn't be this issue.

#9 ·
hi guys... im new here and im losing hopes, about to give up already on my s1 pro already... -.-

i think ive searched everywhere to fix this bootloop problem... ive tried using upto 6 volts charger and still does nothing... also reformated it like other articles said.. the only way left for me is to flash it... the problem is ive triedd all the combinations to enable the firmware update mode even the ones w/ the reset button all of them won't work... -.-

there is one thing ive searched that says it works... (volume+ powerbutton) though i cant make it to work... i tried holding the 2 buttons while in the bootloop, also tried holding them before pluging in the usb to computer... @_@

pleeeaaase help me... ><

#10 ·
hi guys... im new here and im losing hopes, about to give up already on my s1 pro already... -.-

i think ive searched everywhere to fix this bootloop problem... ive tried using upto 6 volts charger and still does nothing... also reformated it like other articles said.. the only way left for me is to flash it... the problem is ive triedd all the 0combinations to enable the firmware update mode even the ones w/ the reset button all of them won't work... -.-

there is one thing ive searched that says it works... (volume+ powerbutton) though i cant make it to work... i tried holding the 2 buttons while in the bootloop, also tried holding them before pluging in the usb to computer... @_@

pleeeaaase help me... ><
There has to be charge in the battery for it work. So plug it into the PC to charge for a day or two. Then try again.

With the power off, connect to the pc with data cord, try the two buttons together. Make sure the volume is up on the PC' as when the tablet enters flashing mode you'll hear a beep kind of noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.