29 replies to this topic

#1 Shakeel Ajmal

Shakeel Ajmal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi Guys !!
I am very new to this forum and also new with the Ainol Tablet and already got a problem or bad luck you can say, i searched everywhere on net but i guess i am the first one to have such problem, for last two days my ainol novo 10 hero is not charging the battery, bought a new charger for my Tab with 12V and 2A and plugged in to charged but as soon as i pluged in Tab shut off and went dead removed the charger immediately and guess what the polarity of new charger was reverse, for almost 20 minutes (no response to power button or reset button or charger),after 20 minutes it turned on with power button as normally and i checked it and every thing was working just normal went to shop replaced the charger and plugged it in, battery was 46% and it was saying "Full" in battery information, i removed charger turned off device for couple of minutes and turned on without charger battery was at 34% when i check and after a minute it was at 48%, i plugged in the charger and again same situation 48%- full, i left it for about an hour with charger plugged in but situation was same, i did same thing after turning off tab and then turned on but it was same locked screen says "charged" and battery info same 48%- full, ran a movie while plugged in charger and it went normal "no heat" at any particular area no smell, no hanging but also no charging, i ran tablet without charger plugged in and it ran for about 2 1/2 hours before battery completely depleted, it still turned on normally with charger plugged in but always say Charged and "0% full" in battery info. i am searching on net and writing email but haven't found anything. can anyone provide me any kind of help here because its a hardware problem and without schematics or some expert guidance i cant solve it. i have little knowledge of hardware and have some experience resolving hardware issues in laptops.

#2 Avenger

Avenger

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGTA, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Make sure you update the firmware. It has been noted that there is a % battery display error. If I recall the changelog of newer firmwares indicate the charging issue was fixed.

#3 Shakeel Ajmal

Shakeel Ajmal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Make sure you update the firmware. It has been noted that there is a % battery display error. If I recall the changelog of newer firmwares indicate the charging issue was fixed.

Thanks for Reply
I am already on latest firmware and also tried the Cyanogen ROM but charging problem seems to be some hardware related. if i plug in charger while device is off it shows the battery animation like it is charging but even after 2 hours it wont charge it even 1%.

#4 jeegiz

jeegiz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

I had received Hero 10 tablet yesterday firmware xxx1031, and was not able to power it up without charger. Powered up on charger tablet showed 95% charge (status 'charged'), but went off immediately after i unplugged the charger. Tried to wipe in recovery, also did factory reset from UI and reset through microphone hole. Still the same same issue - tablet works only on charger, battery status is 'charged'.

Now i have turned off with charged plugged in, it shows battery charge indicator as charging for about 8 hours. Can i try to flash newer firmware on charger? Not sure what else to try, or is it faulty charge controller or battery?

#5 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Try this-
http://www.slatedroi...563#entry454563

It is for a software problem, but it can't hurt to try.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

JXD S7800B

#6 jeegiz

jeegiz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Try this-
http://www.slatedroi...563#entry454563

It is for a software problem, but it can't hurt to try.

thanks, the problem is, i do not have /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg file, have searched the whole /sys/devices/ there is no axp20_reg file in it :-/

Edited by jeegiz, 04 December 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#7 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yep, the Hero does NOT use the AXP202 power management chip, so this doesn't work.

#8 jeegiz

jeegiz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Seems that have managed to fix my issue with tablet not working on battery - disassembled tablet, battery connection wire on main board was not fully connected, pushed battery connector more firmly, and tablet started working on battery! Poor assembly quality.

#9 ripes

ripes

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

Poor assembly quality.

I must agree on this. My front camera was misplaced and it did not point straight, but quite aside.
I opened the tablet (which i, luckily enough, very easy) and slightly moved it.
  • pcyord likes this

#10 josemexico

josemexico

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Seems that have managed to fix my issue with tablet not working on battery - disassembled tablet, battery connection wire on main board was not fully connected, pushed battery connector more firmly, and tablet started working on battery! Poor assembly quality.

How did you open it? thanks I have the same problem with the battery

#11 ripes

ripes

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

How did you open it? thanks I have the same problem with the battery

You may follow this link. The way is the same.

#12 pcyord

pcyord

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

solved it ?
i have this problem :((
what do i?

#13 pcyord

pcyord

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

i will open tablet
next?

#14 pcyord

pcyord

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

i open it
and press connector
not ok !
10 % Fixed
and
not Charge
HELP ME FRIENDS
sorry for bad english

#15 pcyord

pcyord

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp
me

#16 Avenger

Avenger

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGTA, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I was going to until you spammed. Be patient and stop posting numerous times!

#17 Android Rocks

Android Rocks

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Is this tablet able to charge with USB?

#18 LordKJ

LordKJ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

No.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Stock - 4.2.1
Ainol Novo 10 Hero - CM 10.1 - 4.2.1

#19 Android Rocks

Android Rocks

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

No.

No USB charging. How poor. <_<

#20 LordKJ

LordKJ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

2x4000mAh batteries, what do you want (12V is 12V) lol.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Stock - 4.2.1
Ainol Novo 10 Hero - CM 10.1 - 4.2.1