• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Triggaaarr

Triggaaarr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

The details:
Dual core cortex A9, quad GPU, IPS 1024 x 600 (capacitive), 16gb storage, 1gb ram, front & rear cameras, Jelly Bean

The reviews on Amazon are positive, I wondered if anyone here had tried one?

I'm also interested in the Ainol Crystal, with Soulflier's firmware, but they're less easy to get hold of, and the spec is slightly less than this Ployer anyway.

#2 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

i ordered one from dinodirect.com with black as a coupon code still waiting for it to ship but got it for 129.65 shipped to the USA ,, hope it is great as it looks ,, this will be my second chinese tablet android ,, the first is pipo s1 and i love it and my son did as well is why i am getting the ployer will let u know when i get it probably a couple weeks :(

#3 Triggaaarr

Triggaaarr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

will let u know when i get it probably a couple weeks :(

Thanks, but I may have it before you :) If I do go for them (I'm after 2), I'll get them from a UK stockist, which will help me if there are any problems (and it's no more expensive).

It's about £100 for the Ployer, £130 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and £160 for the Galaxy Nexus. The Galaxy is clearly better (higher res, metal body, good reviews etc), but 60% more expensive is a lot when buying for young children. The price of the Samsung is close enough to be tempting, but the reviews (on this forum) are lacklustre. The Ainol Crystal would be good, but it's out of stock in a fair few places (Ainol seem to change models a lot) and I'm less interested in the other models because I'd like Soulflier's firmware.

I'd like to find some knowledgeable reviews of the Ployer before going for them though.

#4 Triggaaarr

Triggaaarr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

i ordered one

Ok, ordered 2. I need some sort of bumpers for them, but there are so many of these devices, and all a slightly different size, have you found anything that's supposed to fit them?

#5 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

i ordered a few different cases from www.gadgetsdealer.com those 1.77 checkered neoprene ones and the leather sleeves, will let u know if and when i get them

#6 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

btw dinodirect has always been good for me but this one still has no tracking yet arrgghh,lol

#7 Triggaaarr

Triggaaarr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

i ordered a few different cases from www.gadgetsdealer.com those 1.77 checkered neoprene ones and the leather sleeves, will let u know if and when i get them

Thanks, I look forward to that.

Mine have arrived. First thought - blimey they're tiny. I've never a seen a 7" tablet, and they are 7 inch, and they're a very thin version (which makes finding in-use protection difficult). I'm used to an iPad 2, so the size was a bit of a surprise. I'm probably glad we didn't go for a £130 Samsung of £160 Google Nexus. The size should be good for what we need though (my youngens have better eyesight than me, and they'll find these small models easier to carry.

We need that protective bumper/back cover though (my kids are likely to drop them). I asked the UK distributor, and he looked and failed to find anything, as the dimensions are so slight.

#8 Triggaaarr

Triggaaarr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Did you get your tablet, and find any in-use protective solutions?

#9 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

I am just wondering how these worked for you. I need some cases as well as screen protectors and have not had much luck in finding any. The Momo7 is just to thin for any I have tried :(

#10 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Bought a Momo 7 last year. Support from the manufacturer is not that good. They refused to upgrade the firmware to JB. Has someone look at the ROm and he said that it was messy. In spite of his help getting the ROM fixed, I still got the occassional reboot. After a year of use it just died out on me. Now it's just paperweight. I got myself a replacement from another Chinese company. Won't buy from Momo agaon.

#11 junglist

junglist

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Any thoughts on the Ployer Momo7?

Yes,pants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users