68 replies to this topic

#41 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

cwm or twrp can´t mount the file system. i´ve tryed twrp 2.3.3.0 or is there a newer version for this device with access to the file system

"E:Unable to mount '/emmc'" for example.

so i think i need a .zip what i can use with the original recovery, like this one from fuser-invent rom. i think this can help me out.

If you can boot into recovery and flash files you can just flash the build.prop to your device. Grab my Nexus 7 or Samsung fingerprint and flash that. All it does is replace the build.prop with mine. Mine is not the stock build.prop though, it's got the change for the fingerprint and some additional tweaks. If you really want to flash the stock build.prop back then give me your device build date and what firmware version you had on it. I will make you a flashable zip and link you to it. I'm unsure whether it will flash well in TWRP though, since they are built to flash in the stock recovery. You could probably extract the stock recovery files and place them on your external SD card to use the stock recovery instead.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#42 Mika K

Mika K

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hello
How this work With New 121208 With 3.0.8-gcda87f3 kernel.
I dont want to brick my crystal.
I allready have 2 older 121008 crystal With this fix.

#43 Honzo

Honzo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Mika K, try CM10 with 1.1 compatibility, I'm also using Batch 3

#44 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Do not try CM10 with the 1.1 comp zip. Batch 3 crystals with the 3.0.8-gcda87f3 kernel will brick if you install any ROM.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#45 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Ok guys. I have made it easy for you and collected all the bits needed (having already rooted) into one place for you to download and install into your Crystal.

Zip contains required permissions files from cm10 rom, build.prop with Samsung S2 fingerprint, and basic instructions.

This will allow app store access to anything mentioned in thread. Flashing GApps or other roms is not required.

http://www.mediafire...hetw9k677v2opw1

NOTE: My Crystal is a batch 3 with 20101119 firmware and 3.0.8-g710665b flavour kernel.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise whether this works on later version kernel batch 3's?
After 83 downloads there should be some samples out there.

#46 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Batch 3 working TWRP: http://www.mediafire...ggrpgr7y2fxg818

We just got it figured out last night. Ended up having to do some backward engineering. Batch 3 comp zips should also be available on the original posts for the CM10 ROMS. I'm posting them here in case they aren't.

CM10: http://www.mediafire...e6fv4e9ancnv0nz
CM10.1: http://www.mediafire...lsjjadtqafd5311
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#47 gybemark

gybemark

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Ok guys. I have made it easy for you and collected all the bits needed (having already rooted) into one place for you to download and install into your Crystal.

Zip contains required XML files from cm10 rom, build.prop with Samsung S2 fingerprint, and basic instructions.

This will allow app store access to anything mentioned in thread. Flashing GApps or other roms is not required.

NOTE: My Crystal is a batch 3 with 20101119 firmware and 3.0.8-g710665b flavour kernel.

OK, complete newbie, and first post so please be gentle.
I have a batch 2 crystal I think, SN NOVA7CRYSTA121108G...
'About' screenshot attached.
First basic question:
What is my stock ROM? Something previous to the much discussed 1109 / 1119 ?
My main shorttime requirement is to get playstore working better - am I safe to do starkler's above fix on my stock firmware?
I am really scared of bricking it.
When I get more experience maybe I'll flash a custom ROM, but for now I want to play it safe...

Many thanks to all, there's a wealth of great info here, but I'm a bit overwhelmed...

Attached Files

#48 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

U should be fine flashing any repack ROMs for the first or second generation Crystal. And you will be fine flashing CM10/10.1/AOKP first or 2nd generation comp zips.

So it's up to you. Just don't flash any of the 3rd generation stuff that we just distributed. It's purely for 3rd gen only and once you flash CM10 for the third Gen you can only flash CM10, CM10.1 or AOKP because Ainol hasn't released firmware for the 3rd gen Crystals yet.

So if you want a stock repack I would suggest you flash fuser's full rom.
If you want a full AOSP build flash Christian's ROM.

If you flash a ROM and your gsensor and camera don't work, just flash the other one. (ie 1st gen or 2nd gen roms)
Posted Image
Frank, President

#49 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

OK, complete newbie, and first post so please be gentle.
I have a batch 2 crystal I think, SN NOVA7CRYSTA121108G...
'About' screenshot attached.
First basic question:
What is my stock ROM? Something previous to the much discussed 1109 / 1119 ?
My main shorttime requirement is to get playstore working better - am I safe to do starkler's above fix on my stock firmware?
I am really scared of bricking it.
When I get more experience maybe I'll flash a custom ROM, but for now I want to play it safe...

Many thanks to all, there's a wealth of great info here, but I'm a bit overwhelmed...

Ok first up, there is no flashing other than rooting your tablet, which is an established safe procedure for all variants I believe. The rest is just adding/replacing some files.

If you want to play it safe you might want to manually edit your build.prop file with the samsung edits from page 1. I included my build.prop for convenience as manually editing it I found to be a tedious PITA. The included xml files from CM10 should be safe. In any case you should make back ups of the original files before starting.

#50 gybemark

gybemark

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Ok first up, there is no flashing other than rooting your tablet, which is an established safe procedure for all variants I believe. The rest is just adding/replacing some files.

If you want to play it safe you might want to manually edit your build.prop file with the samsung edits from page 1. I included my build.prop for convenience as manually editing it I found to be a tedious PITA. The included xml files from CM10 should be safe. In any case you should make back ups of the original files before starting.

Thanks very much for the help and assurances.
I did the fix as described, and market compatibility is much better than it was. One or two things still don't work (like Chrome) but it's probably the best I can hope for with my old stock ROM.
I'm feeling a bit braver now anyway, so I'm going to start thinking about flashing....
Cheers.

#51 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Thanks very much for the help and assurances.
I did the fix as described, and market compatibility is much better than it was. One or two things still don't work (like Chrome) but it's probably the best I can hope for with my old stock ROM.
I'm feeling a bit braver now anyway, so I'm going to start thinking about flashing....
Cheers.

Like lil wayne said. YOLO.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#52 gybemark

gybemark

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Like lil wayne said. YOLO.

:lol:

#53 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Odd that chrome didnt work for you as it did for me. Might pay to double check that all the files ended up in the right places with the right permissions.

#54 gybemark

gybemark

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Odd that chrome didnt work for you as it did for me. Might pay to double check that all the files ended up in the right places with the right permissions.

you are quite right, I missed the 2 extra reads on the gps file. chrome is now fine too.

#55 tonipruni

tonipruni

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Zip contains required XML files from cm10 rom, build.prop with Samsung S2 fingerprint, and basic instructions.

Hi there, i am a totally newbie so be gentle please.
I just want to confirm how i should proceed to fix my playstore.

First my info:

Kernel version: 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty
chengnan.tan@droid07-sz))
Compilation version: 20121218

I rooted without problems but now i must to replace build.prop and xml files from that zip but i'm scared, it's that 100% safety with my version kernel?
Thanks in advance

Best regards.
Toni

#56 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Toni yours is a later version so I cannot comment on the safety of it.

I hope somebody experienced can try it and report back.

#57 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hi there, i am a totally newbie so be gentle please.
I just want to confirm how i should proceed to fix my playstore.

First my info:

Kernel version: 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty
chengnan.tan@droid07-sz))
Compilation version: 20121218

I rooted without problems but now i must to replace build.prop and xml files from that zip but i'm scared, it's that 100% safety with my version kernel?
Thanks in advance

Best regards.
Toni

If you were to create an error free, signed zip file with a TWRP updater binary and script and flash it with the batch 3 specific TWRP or create a zip to flash in the stock recovery, then you would be safe. I'm assuming you could also use ABD to push the files or edit the build.prop and add the files with a root explore but that would take longer. If you make a mistake there is no stock firmware release for this batch of Crystal to fallback on and re-flash but you could flash CM10 or CM10.1 instead. If it was my tablet I'd just install CM10 or CM10.1 anyway since it's better than the stock firmware.

Edited by fuser-invent, 27 January 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#58 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

You can make a stock ROM by backing up your Crystal with TWRP or CWM first.....
Posted Image
Frank, President

#59 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yes but without a working bootloader you still can't have a SD repair card or reflash the device. Christian's boot.img works but if someone accidently overwrites the bootloader or otherwise bricks their device it's not as simple as just reflashing the firmware package. I'll be uploaded the 1212 firmware soon though, with Christian's boot.img but without a bootloader.

#60 Daijoubu

Daijoubu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

On a batch 3 130108
I forgot to chmod build.prop back to 644 so when booting up, it was stuck at the ainol logo
Hopefully I was able to adb into it and fix it up :D

Used the GT-P6200 fingerprint, better compatibility than the SII we have in our unofficial CM10 rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users