• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi guys, got up this morning and turned on my tab to find out my touch screen is no longer working. I have reflashed with another rom and stock still no joy. Is there anything i can do?

#2 joepipo

joepipo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi I have the same problem. I was told to flash it twice but remove any sim card you have. Can you please send me the instructions on how to flash it. I will try it as well and let you know.

#3 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi mate, i have read a bit more in to this and do not think that any amount of flashing will fix this. It appears to be hardware related, looks like it will need opened and resoldered. Something ab out the voltage being to high. There is apparently a solution on 4pda which i am going to try to locate when i get a bit of time later. For flashing the tablet head over the FMA they have a guide with firmware etc. Let me know how you get on and i will post later.

#4 joepipo

joepipo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi guys, got up this morning and turned on my tab to find out my touch screen is no longer working. I have reflashed with another rom and stock still no joy. Is there anything i can do?

#5 joepipo

joepipo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Someone sent me the instruction to flash it but I can't get my computer to recognize it. I am sort of bumb out because it was working fine earlier. I just had it a month and money down the drain. If I find a solution I will let you know.

#6 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

someone had the same problem here before and posted a solution here , from what I understand its a cheap component failure that you need to replace and solder on the board.

#7 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

someone had the same problem here before and posted a solution here , from what I understand its a cheap component failure that you need to replace and solder on the board.

This is apparently the fix. I opened mine without any difficulty but the bits that need soldered are tiny so i am giving that a miss. I have passed the instructions on to a shop nearby that does that kind of thing hopefully that will get it back on the rd, as i would be gutted to loose it so early. I think that might have been partly at fault for my earlier problems with games. Attached File  2012-11-13 17.52.11.jpg   1.47MB   33 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users