This is what I did (sorry for the pictures, I forgot to take some during the mod.. I will take some more next time I open the tablet).
I took some wifi antennas from an old notebook:
I soldered them to the existing crap wifi antenna, on the original soldering points:
and sticked them on the back metal case of the Pipo (but the signal was still bad):
after few attempts I decided to put the antennas in the positions showed below:
and now the signal is way better than before. It gets signal where before It got none and can see wireless networks I couldn't see before.
But still I'm not 100% satisfied.. Even if now my Pipo as 3 antennas and the connection is more stable, it performs better if you open the back case...
I'm thinking about drilling the back case so that I can put the antennas outside...
Wifi issue 100% solved
This post has been edited by antani121: 03 December 2012 - 09:36 AM