• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Anybody tried to open a window in the backcase?

#22 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

One thing for sure, the WiFi is MUCH better with the case open, even with the crappy antenna. I tried the fix but it didn't really improve much, the moment I close the case the signal gets destroyed. I can barely get wifi access 5-10 meters away from the AP, its better than before though. A simple wooden door used to block the signal when I was under 5 meters, at least its somewhat better now. I haven't really tried making holes in the case because I lack the tools to do it properly without destroying it, but I imagine it would improve the signal dramatically. Any idea how big they would need to be ? Reset-button style ? or a bigger window ?

#23 Jecstrike

Jecstrike

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Is there a tutorial on how to open the pipo m3? i cant seem to find it.

#24 brianmt

brianmt

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Just about to do this mod, I've got my new antennas and soldering iron at the ready, I noticed using a magnifying glass that the cable at the motherboard end is shorted ie inner and outer wires are touching. Looking at the way this joint is made I suspect many tablets will have this problem . I've lifted both connections and carefully remade them. Signal has gone from -70dbm to -50dbm, link speed from 5 or so mbs to 65mbs. WiFi absolutely bloody everywhere, even in my attic/office. So before doing any sort of mod make sure the cable at the motherboard end is not shorted, if it is the mod will do nothing!!!!!!. Still going to do the mod though, got to improve things