140 replies to this topic

#61 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

When you have installed the right drivers, you can also connect your booted RK3066 device with your windows computer.
Start RKbatchtool, when no 1 under 'connected divices' becomes pink, click the 'switch' button.
If no 1 becomes green, your ready to go.
On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#62 asjohnston3

asjohnston3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Please see
http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support

BTW, the guy who Mod.'s and sells custom tablets at the above site (Roman) also has a custom ROM available for the Momo12 which he makes ava. free. I have been using mine daily for over 3 weeks and can't say enough good things about his work. I'm not related & I don't work for the guy - I'm just a huge fan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
can someone assist me to flash this momo 12 tablet? currently my firmware is 4.1.1
i cant enter to flash mode.
i tried to follow the instruction by powering off the tablet. plug in the usb data cable, follow by press hold volume + and power button together.
but the tablet up to normally instead going to flash mode. (i even tried to on usb debugging mode) no valid.
am i doing something wrong here?
[/quote]
You can't reach old age by another man's road. My habits protect my life but they would assassinate you.
Mark Twain's 70th birthday speech, 1905

#63 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Please see
http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support

BTW, the guy who Mod.'s and sells custom tablets at the above site (Roman) also has a custom ROM available for the Momo12 which he makes ava. free. I have been using mine daily for over 3 weeks and can't say enough good things about his work. I'm not related & I don't work for the guy - I'm just a huge fan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same here, very satisfied with Roman's rom.

Sent from my Momo12 tablet
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

#64 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

my momo12 come with original 4.1.1 when I received the tablet. i have followed the instruction on topnotchtablet for my momo12. but somehow my tablet cannot get into flash combo mode. i have powered off my tablet. plug USB cable to my laptop (win 7 64 bits). pressed and hold volume + and power on button.

if I'm not wrong, the first step need to get into flash combo mode to install the driver before I can proceed to flash.

#65 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Followed janesh advise and it works.. using roman firmware for momo12, very smooth and clean.. love it very much..

BTW, is that me or everyone using roman firmware has 2 gallery?

#66 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Thank you, people should use this method when there is only one physical button ie the power button only on the Momo8 IPS, and it works i think with all RK3066 devices.

asjohnston3, on 26 December 2012 - 10:42 PM, said
can someone assist me to flash this momo 12 tablet? currently my firmware is 4.1.1
i cant enter to flash mode.

Follow in the link below, the instructions from Jezzer in the Cube U30GT topic, to install the right drivers. After this you can use my method above. You can also try moborobo for installing the right drivers.
http://www.slatedroi...e-instructions/

Edited by janesh, 27 December 2012 - 04:51 AM.

On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.

#67 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Followed janesh advise and it works.. using roman firmware for momo12, very smooth and clean.. love it very much..

BTW, is that me or everyone using roman firmware has 2 gallery?

yeah, there's 2 for everyone, Roman explained why but i forget. I use quickpic anyway so doesn't matter to me.

Edited by will567, 28 December 2012 - 03:29 PM.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#68 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

what is the life expectancy of china tablet like momo12 if well taken care of? use for video, web browsing and light gaming.. can it last more than a year?

#69 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

what is the life expectancy of china tablet like momo12 if well taken care of? use for video, web browsing and light gaming.. can it last more than a year?

A very well built Chinese tablet can last 3 or more years easily. Though the battery will really start to wear down after 1.5 years and will need swapping out sooner or later.

A poorly built or bad brand Chinese tablet may last 6-18 months.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#70 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

wow, do you have any china tablet that last for three years?
do you think momo 12 tablet is well built?

#71 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

wow, do you have any china tablet that last for three years?
do you think momo 12 tablet is well built?

First China tablet I bought was 1.5 years back. Still works today & I was using it quite often up to 2 days ago. It is Wopad i7. Built OK compared to today's tablets. No hardware problems. Battery still OK but somewhat worn down. Still performs the same as it did when I first bought it.

Just received N80 about 3 days back. Build quality is very good to great. The N80 is going to become my main tablet for use.

Any well built tablet, whether China brand or not, will last 2+ years for sure. Only problems will be battery wearing down and firmware updates stopping 6-12 months after tablet release.

I have not bought or used any Ployer tablets. Momo is the brand name for Ployer tablets. But I have heard they have great build quality. I definitely would buy one myself if it fit my needs. I actually was looking to buy Momo8 IPS before getting the N80 but it had WiFi issues.

PS, Roman2025 has sold and tested many different tablets. He should know what is good or not. Roman2025 reviewed the Momo12 and he said it is very good & I believe him. =) Others with Momo12 will tell you the same.

Edited by Nickos-V, 28 December 2012 - 10:44 PM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#72 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

And so do i, received today the ployer momo 12, and all i have to say, fantastic device.
All you can read in this topic is true in my experience so far.
Very well build, fantastic very bright screen, very good wifi reach. The speaker volume is very loud, and on the stock JB firmware its running very smooth.
My kitchen scales tells me the weight is about 560 gram, for a 10.1 inch device very light.
The only thing is i can not find out of the box the Crome app, Twitter app is not compatible with this device, but i think rooting it, i just have done this will solve this 'problem'.
Also very satisfied about my twoo ployer devices. :good:

#73 Con

Con

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Tracking my momo12 on the dhl website, cant wait for it to arrive then will put Roman's ROM on. Quite excited!

#74 coolsmurf

coolsmurf

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

any heat issues?

#75 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

any heat issues?

I haven't had any, even after playing Need for Speed for an hour or more.

Sent from my Epic Touch using tapatalk 2
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#76 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I also do not encounter any heat issue with this tablet.. just one minor issue for this tablet is the battery meter is not that accurate..

#77 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Updated my device to firmware 20121220, now more complete google playstore, with chrome, twitter etc.

I keep saying, i think this is the best android device i bought so far, the best wifi reach of all my tested devices, one of the most bright screens, you can also easy read outside, and still running very smooth.

#78 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Updated my device to firmware 20121220, now more complete google playstore, with chrome, twitter etc.

I keep saying, i think this is the best android device i bought so far, the best wifi reach of all my tested devices, one of the most bright screens, you can also easy read outside, and still running very smooth.

With Roman's firmware chrome, twitter, and every other app I've looked for are available.

Sent from my Momo12 tablet
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#79 소녀시대

소녀시대

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

So everyone is buying from someone else and then will proceed to use roman's custom ROM....way to support him!

I don't mind buying from him IF i live in the US but unfortunately, I live in Singapore. The shipping charges will be really high.
Personal review blog :) http://theaudiology.blogspot.sg/

#80 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

anyone know how to recalibrate accelerometer for momo 12 tablet? my accelerometer is tilt toward right by 20degree at least, affected all my games that required to use accelerometer such as racing game like need for speed..

I tried to search the setting on the tablet, no way to recalibrate the acclerometer / gsensor.

tried apps from google play like gps status and tool, sensor tester to recalibrate, result still remains the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users