#21 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Introducing the "Notch O'meter"... Our new simplified way of quickly evaluating a tablet... Welcome feedback :). The Momo 12 was the first product I stuck this on and I updated the PiPo M1 page as well.

Can see here:
http://www.topnotcht...y-ployer-momo12

Edited by Roman2025, 06 December 2012 - 09:25 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#22 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

All 3 shipped! Should have fedex tracking by tomorrow if not tonight. I was really happy with these units and thing you all will be to!

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#23 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

All 3 shipped! Should have fedex tracking by tomorrow if not tonight. I was really happy with these units and thing you all will be to!

Regards,

Roman

I'll be watching out for it, can't wait:)

Sent from my Epic Touch using tapatalk 2

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

JXD S7800B

#24 myzoo

myzoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi all, looking at the Ployer Momo 8", I travel a bit and have to take my work laptop, so a smaller tablet for personal is what I am looking for. I have read that the wifi is spotty on the Ployer, can anyone confirm?
I have a Gtab a few years old and can't charge it. So if I am going to spend more money on a dock I am thinking of new. I have never done movies, not much gaming, it will be used mostly for surfing, e-mail and updating office like word, excel ETC. Is there a list somewhere of what tablet does what, quality, ETC. I have been reading a lot of forums and now I am so lost. I rooted my gtab and changed roms so that I seem to be able to do but would rather have one out of the box that does what I need it to.
Is this one any good or are there any recommendations < 200.00
I know I am asking a lot hope someone can answer quickly.
Thanking you all in advance Jaye
Thanking all in advance Jaye

#25 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

So my Momo 12 showed up this afternoon. After an hour or so of using it, i'll share first impressions. The screen, as roman said, is amazingly good. i had to keep turning down the brightness, it was just too much. I would like to test it outside in sunlight, but it's raining. Overall it runs very snappy. Tried Antutu, got 11557, Quadrant somewhat lower than expected at 3931. Personally i don't put everything into benchmarks, although it can give you a rough idea of performance. Youtube video plays fine, Netflix starts a little pixellated, then clears up after 5 seconds or so-I've seen this on most tablets. Tried speedtest, it downloads at 26000kbps by the router, 13000 kbps a floor above and a couple rooms over, so wifi for me seems very strong. It is so light, it almost feels like it's a fake tablet-it somehow feels lighter than my 8" Onda. Restored a bunch of apps from a sd card I prepared with a titanium backup file, went fast and smooth. Tested a few games, they play very smoothly. App compatability seems fine in the playstore. Browsing is fast also, pages load quickly. Overall it is a very good first impression.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#26 소녀시대

소녀시대

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

all these talk makes me tempted to get 1 during the 12/12 event :D
Personal review blog :) http://theaudiology.blogspot.sg/

#27 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

this looks superb..does this havea 3g inbuilt coming?

willi 567/roman..how to move apps from internal sd to external sd..? the apps to go application only shows internal memory and sd card (internal memory nand flash)..the ext sd card shows as mounted with 29 GB left but dont know how to get it to store apps by default instead of the nand flash or internal memory on my m2.

#28 asjohnston3

asjohnston3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

My Momo 12 was delivered earlier today. I've had it on and have been trying out different stuff with it since I unboxed it about 7 hours ago. I'm trying to keep things in perspective but so far I'm really impressed. I've had 1st hand experience with several tablets by now and this one is so much better, it's in a class by it's self. A significant element is the custom firmware Nathan developed & installed. Another is the 3066 Rockchip processor. This is by far the brightest screen I have ever seen. I have a Onda 811 with a IPS screen and The Momo is considerably better. I'll try to post some additional comments in a day or 2 after a bit of the "new" wears off. It looks like a lot of the stuff made for the Asus Transformer series, accessory wise, will work for the Momo. The size is very close. I ordered a case for a TF300 and it's a really good fit.
https://www.dropbox....hh/IMAG0224.jpg
You can't reach old age by another man's road. My habits protect my life but they would assassinate you.
Mark Twain's 70th birthday speech, 1905

#29 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

My Momo 12 was delivered earlier today. I've had it on and have been trying out different stuff with it since I unboxed it about 7 hours ago. I'm trying to keep things in perspective but so far I'm really impressed. I've had 1st hand experience with several tablets by now and this one is so much better, it's in a class by it's self. A significant element is the custom firmware Nathan developed & installed. Another is the 3066 Rockchip processor. This is by far the brightest screen I have ever seen. I have a Onda 811 with a IPS screen and The Momo is considerably better. I'll try to post some additional comments in a day or 2 after a bit of the "new" wears off. It looks like a lot of the stuff made for the Asus Transformer series, accessory wise, will work for the Momo. The size is very close. I ordered a case for a TF300 and it's a really good fit.
https://www.dropbox....hh/IMAG0224.jpg

That's a busy table your tablet is sitting on:). I'm also impressed with the tablet, yesterday I did some browsing, played games, and watched Youtube videos. Had 48% battery left with 3 hours 48 minutes screen time. I have the brightness around 25% and it's still very bright. And the speaker is also very good, especially for a single one.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#30 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

So tempted to pick on of these up since the Pipo M3 isn't available from TNT anymore.

However, I also like the two front firing speakers on the M3...I wish more tablet manufacturers did this!
Ainol Novo 7 Adv -- from TopNotchTablets
Yuandao N101 II -- from TopNotchTablets

#31 asjohnston3

asjohnston3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Speaker volume and battery life are 2 traditional issues with many Chinese tablets. The rear facing speaker on the Momo is significantly louder than other Chinese tablets I've tried. As to battery life... I had my Momo with me today while i stopped at the Barbershop and later went to the Doctor for a check-up. I had my tablet on for 1.5+ hrs. I just checked it. It's at 92%. I had it on yesterday for almost 10 hours of intermittent use (on 65-75% of the time)When I put it on the charger, it was at 14%. Works for me.... BTW, I got the guest Wifi log-in when I signed in at the Doctors office and proceeded to browse articles in the Huffington Post. A guy across from me with an I-pad (while trying not to seem obvious) kept eye-balling me while I flipped through pages and played video. It may have been my imagination but it seemed to me that he was very interested......

P.S. - Will567 - That particular table is a "crap magnet" and charging station.... and apparently where postcards of harmonica playing squirrels wind up... 8~)
You can't reach old age by another man's road. My habits protect my life but they would assassinate you.

#32 asjohnston3

asjohnston3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

FYI, chargers (power supplys) for the Momo 12's are available from Aliexpress for around 5 bucks w/shipping inc. I did a search for "12v 2a tablet power" & got a hit for "AC/DC Power Adapter 12V 2A 2.5x0.8mm EU US Plug for Yuandao N90, Cube U9GT2, Ainol Hero, Tablet PC". Looks like the 12volt, 2amp 2.5x.08 barrel jack chargers are becoming the default standard for at least some of the Chinese tablets. This may in part have something to do with the new Cortex A9 processors??.... I recommend a polarity check but I've never gotten one that was backwards. I'll order a couple tonight. I like to keep an extra one on my night stand and one at work..... Hope everyone is watching the 12/12/12 concert & has sent in there donation.....
  • will567 likes this

#33 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

^^ Can you post a link to them? I wouldn't mind having 1 at work and keeping my original at home.
Thanks!

#34 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Can anyone confirm the weight of the ployer momo 12 is really 1.0 pound(454 grams)as listed on Roman2025 's website.

I found it allready on the ployer website. http://www.ployer.cn...asp?id=139&p=cs
尺寸与重量:
长度:263.5毫米
高度:173.5毫米
厚度:10.5毫米
重量:600克

Edited by janesh, 13 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#35 asjohnston3

asjohnston3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Here's the link to the Power Adapters.... I ordered 2 at 5.89 ea. shipping inc. w/ China Post Air Mail....
http://www.aliexpres..._211524977.html
It looks like this guy sells a lot of tablet accessories. I sent him an e-mail asking if he could provide screen protectors and cases-covers-sleeves for the Ployer Momo 12.
If you do a search for Ployer Momo 12 screen protectors or cases on Aliexpress right now you will draw a blank.....

#36 Con

Con

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Just ordered a mobo 12 on the strenght of romans recommendations :)

I'm in ireland so had to go with aliexpress, with DHL shipping it came to about $212 which i think is £130ish

Hoping to get involved with the ROM community on this device :)

#37 Flaviometal

Flaviometal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'm from Brazil, and this is my first post in Slatedroid, and first chinese tablet too. Don't bought with Roman, but in Pandawill Happy Hour, so, it will be a long time waiting (around 45/60 days to deliver to Brazil). Anxiety it's killing me, and even already downloaded the custom ROM from Roman's site!

Sad thing is we are just 7 days 'til the end of the world, so, forget about my tab... :rofl:
REVIEW: PLOYER MOMO12 TABLET PC (sorry, just in portuguese for now...)

LINK: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/smartphones-tablets-e-outros-dispositivos-moveis/449910-review-tablet-pc-ployer-momo12.html

#38 소녀시대

소녀시대

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Just ordered it from Taobao thanks to Roman's recommendation. Hope eveything arrives intact!
Personal review blog :) http://theaudiology.blogspot.sg/

#39 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I ordered one too 209 usd DHL, from 'eternal team' trusted seller on aliexpress. Though i am not an 10 inch fan the recommendations above are too good and give it a try.
On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#40 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

So everyone is buying from someone else and then will proceed to use roman's custom ROM....way to support him!