Photo

How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet - v2.0

• Please log in to reply
815 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this thread helped you unbrick your device? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you able to unbrick your device?

1. Yes, from a "soft" brick (20 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

2. Yes, from a "hard" brick (24 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Yes, from a "deep" brick (29 votes [26.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.85%

4. No, I was unable to unbrick my device (35 votes [32.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ayufanx

ayufanx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Very bad for you, so tablets with 121208 serial number have to be considered 3rd batch, w/different hardware and different bootloader.

Also notice that Root procedures doesn't seem to work on these batch.

not quite right, i have 121208 batch and root procedures works well for me (crystal_1119_patch_b3)

#42 kasch

kasch

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

What firmware are you trying to flash on your Mars? I took a peak over in your subforum and it doesn't look like there is any official firmware or recovery images posted there.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37225-live-suit-with-ainol-tornados/
Hi I used a file from this post

And also tried to us original flash 1128 from Ainol site along with 0518 and 0619 flash files

http://www.ainol.com...&downloadid=119

Thanks for response :)

#43 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

@ kasch - Looks like someone on that thread said the 0530.img worked for their Mars. Is that the file you used from the post? It sounds like your card is formatted properly, the device is recognizing the call to auto-flash and then it's seeing the files and determining they won't work.

@ jayswalnirav - The safest way to clear the NAND is to use either Clockwork Recovery and Christian's internal memory format zip or to use the Stock Recovery and that same zip that I changed to be functional in the stock recovery. It's over in the Crystal Clear ROM thread. Make sure you have everything you need on your SD card to re-flash though because if you flash the NAND and then don't flash some functioning firmware you could end up with a soft brick.

@ menloudnet - It looks like it's failing when it tries to remount the device as storage. That's the point where it should pop up as if you had plugged your device into the computer. You might be able to unplug your device and try the SD card method from there. Also, while I was researching yesterday I read that some people couldn't get past that step unless they used the English Version of Windows. I've only ever used the English version so I'm not sure whey that would matter. Try the SD card method from that step though and report back on whether or not it works.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#44 jayswalnirav

jayswalnirav

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for your Prompt reply

I have tried Christian's internal memory format zip with stock recovery It is not erasing NAND

-I have install CC 1.3 after Flash and found all as it was before flash

So I have tried aml_autoscript , Now my crystal is brick (Batch-1)

I am waiting for your rescue image,anyway thanks for Support
I love Crystal Clear ROM BY Fuser-Invent

#45 kasch

kasch

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

@ kasch - Looks like someone on that thread said the 0530.img worked for their Mars. Is that the file you used from the post? It sounds like your card is formatted properly, the device is recognizing the call to auto-flash and then it's seeing the files and determining they won't work.

@ jayswalnirav - The safest way to clear the NAND is to use either Clockwork Recovery and Christian's internal memory format zip or to use the Stock Recovery and that same zip that I changed to be functional in the stock recovery. It's over in the Crystal Clear ROM thread. Make sure you have everything you need on your SD card to re-flash though because if you flash the NAND and then don't flash some functioning firmware you could end up with a soft brick.

@ menloudnet - It looks like it's failing when it tries to remount the device as storage. That's the point where it should pop up as if you had plugged your device into the computer. You might be able to unplug your device and try the SD card method from there. Also, while I was researching yesterday I read that some people couldn't get past that step unless they used the English Version of Windows. I've only ever used the English version so I'm not sure whey that would matter. Try the SD card method from that step though and report back on whether or not it works.

THANKS for speedy reply.. I total agree with you. I also tried to use the 1128 flash file renaming it to the file reffered to in the script and still file not working... i have tried this on 4 units same situation... will keep trying

Thanks

#46 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for your Prompt reply

I have tried Christian's internal memory format zip with stock recovery It is not erasing NAND

-I have install CC 1.3 after Flash and found all as it was before flash

So I have tried aml_autoscript , Now my crystal is brick (Batch-1)

I am waiting for your rescue image,anyway thanks for Support

If you have a batch 1 Crystal you can try and use the ELF2 rescue image. It works on my batch 1 crystal. Follow the direction in this thread and see if you can get it to work.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#47 jayswalnirav

jayswalnirav

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

If you have a batch 1 Crystal you can try and use the ELF2 rescue image. It works on my batch 1 crystal. Follow the direction in this thread and see if you can get it to work.

I will try it, But I don't understand when/How I have to use folder "PUT ON SD CARD"?
Becuase it is not mentioned in described steps(Specially "aml_autoscript" which will scub NAND)

Edited by jayswalnirav, 10 January 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#48 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

I will try it, But I don't understand when/How I have to use folder "PUT ON SD CARD"?
Becuase it is not mentioned in described steps(Specially "aml_autoscript" which will scub NAND)

The thread is being re-written and that folder is no longer available on the media drive or in the described steps. Re-read the original post. It is not completely up to date but I'm working on it.

#49 jayswalnirav

jayswalnirav

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

The thread is being re-written and that folder is no longer available on the media drive or in the described steps. Re-read the original post. It is not completely up to date but I'm working on it.

Below thigs are written in main post after step 1

The "aml_autoscript" is a NAND scrubbing tool to format your internal memory. The "factory_update_param.aml" file contains the following commands:

--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
--update_package=/sdcard/g06refe2-ota-eng.grady.wang.zip

If you are using a different firmware package, you need to open the "factory_update_param.aml" file and change the name of the .zip on the last line to match the firmware package you are flashing.

Is these files contain of rescue image or I have to add on SD card separately ? :(

Edited by jayswalnirav, 10 January 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#50 Majic

Majic

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi

GREAT TUTORIAL BTW very helpful :)

I have few ainol mars that are bricked....the only +ve is when i prepare a recovery card with usbit (USB IMAGE TOOL) the mars actually start flashing with that TF card inserted and power button pressed.
msg on flashing screen is

"upgrade step1!Do not Power off!"

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my Ainol Mars, but I can't see any msg on my flashing screen.

-Maj

#51 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Below thigs are written in main post after step 1

The "aml_autoscript" is a NAND scrubbing tool to format your internal memory. The "factory_update_param.aml" file contains the following commands:

--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
--update_package=/sdcard/g06refe2-ota-eng.grady.wang.zip

If you are using a different firmware package, you need to open the "factory_update_param.aml" file and change the name of the .zip on the last line to match the firmware package you are flashing.

Is these files contain of rescue image or I have to add on SD card separately ? :(

When you use the USB image tool to restore the ELF2 image to your external SD card it will place all the files you need on the external SD card. You don't need to do anything, just stick it in the tablet and hold down the Power and Vol- buttons and it will auto-flash the image to your device.

#52 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thread has been updated with clearer instructions and working Batch 1 & Batch 2 rescue images for the "soft brick" SD Card Method.

Edited by fuser-invent, 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#53 jayswalnirav

jayswalnirav

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

When you use the USB image tool to restore the ELF2 image to your external SD card it will place all the files you need on the external SD card. You don't need to do anything, just stick it in the tablet and hold down the Power and Vol- buttons and it will auto-flash the image to your device.

I have successfully unbrick my Crystal 1st batch :yahoo:

Huge Thanks to fuser-invent

I have recovered from Hard Brick by keep a Lot of passion because every time massage appear to reset connected port from config menu while working with ImageBurnTool-sp3, I did it approx. 45 times and finally it works for me, I have used ELF2 image

As I am using windows 7 x64 ,provided drivers with AML Image Burn Tool did not work for me so I have downloaded X64 driver from here
Now I installed Crystal clear 1.3 and this is the best ROM for my crystal
Antutu benchmark is 8872

All this because of fuser-invent :good:

Edited by jayswalnirav, 11 January 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#54 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I have successfully unbrick my Crystal 1st batch :yahoo:

Huge Thanks to fuser-invent

I have recovered from Hard Brick by keep a Lot of passion because every time massage appear to reset connected port from config menu while working with ImageBurnTool-sp3, I did it approx. 45 times and finally it works for me, I have used ELF2 image

As I am using windows 7 x64 ,provided drivers with AML Image Burn Tool did not work for me so I have downloaded X64 driver from here
Now I installed Crystal clear 1.3 and this is the best ROM for my crystal
Antutu benchmark is 8872

All this because of fuser-invent :good:

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it. Those x64 drivers you linked to are also available "Crystal Driver.zip" in my mediafile folder. The AML Image Burn Tool is unpredictable and you do sometimes have to try many, many time to get it to work.

If people want me to try and make rescue images for other Ainol tablets, send me a link to the firmware if it's available. I don't know if the Mars firmware is available for download but I can try to make a rescue image for that if it is.

#55 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't know if the Mars firmware is available for download but I can try to make a rescue image for that if it is.

Novo7 Mars 1128
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#56 Android_King

Android_King

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

i got a batch 2 bricked and with method 2 it always fails at uboot, it fails 15 times seems it can't connect. Tried SD method after that with no success I'm using windows 7 x64.

Edited by Android_King, 11 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#57 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

So after some more research it seems that the AML Flash Tool is also available for the ONDA tablets. While looking around I ran into this thread which has multiple cases where people got stuck on the update at the same places that people here are getting stuck on. It seems that if you use the English language version of Windows it might solve the problem. Some people have also used this trial of Windows 7 Enterprise in English to get it working. It's worth a shot for people who are stuck in M3/M6 mode. Please report back what happens.

#58 cherokee812

cherokee812

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

thanks fuser just got my bricked batch 1 working but had to use the elf image to get it back your batch 1 image didnt work for me but great guide

#59 ukt001

ukt001

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

There does seem to be a whole load of people who are unable to unbrick their Mars tablets. I too have the flashing backlight indicating I think that the sd card is correctly formatted but maybe the image file (the 0530 from the Tornado repair card package) is not liked for some reason. If anyone can help with creating a Mars specific image would be much appreciated.

#60 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

There does seem to be a whole load of people who are unable to unbrick their Mars tablets. I too have the flashing backlight indicating I think that the sd card is correctly formatted but maybe the image file (the 0530 from the Tornado repair card package) is not liked for some reason. If anyone can help with creating a Mars specific image would be much appreciated.

Hello ukt001, this is on my agenda for today. Unfortunately, without having the tablet to test on myself there is a risk of a hard-brick if the image file does not work. I will post the rescue image with a warning and hopefully it works for someone who is willing to test it and then I can remove the warning after it is confirmed working.