Photo

How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet - v2.0

• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this thread helped you unbrick your device? (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you able to unbrick your device?

1. Yes, from a "soft" brick (21 votes [19.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.27%

2. Yes, from a "hard" brick (24 votes [22.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.02%

3. Yes, from a "deep" brick (29 votes [26.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.61%

4. No, I was unable to unbrick my device (35 votes [32.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tornade

Tornade

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Very bad for you, so tablets with 121208 serial number have to be considered 3rd batch, w/different hardware and different bootloader.

Also notice that Root procedures doesn't seem to work on these batch.

Here's a post from F&l Superstore with few more info on this : http://www.slatedroi...post__p__470464

Fuser-invent will devellop more on this, he made an unbricking tutorial for the first batch...

Good luck Guys...
ZT-280 C91 Running ICS 0306 (3N) (SOLD)
LG Optimus One running stock koodo
Samsung SG-T989D S2X running Jedi Mind Tricks X3
Ainol Novo 7 Crystal batch 2 (1108)

#22 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Once we get the 1208 firmware, we should be able to pull the bootloader and create a auto-flashable SD card. But if you hard bricked then you might have to experiment with the AML Flash tool as well. I've gotten a lot of reports that the AML flash tool got people out of M3 and M6 mode (I don't know the difference) and then there were able to use ADB or the SD card method but I've also got some reports from people who can't get the AML Flash tool working for them.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#23 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationVadstena, Sweden

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I happend to have a second tablet from the same batch with cyanogenmod installed, so i can't get the entire stock firmware, but here is a nanddump of bootloader and recovery.
So if someone is better at extracting the correct files from these than I am or helping out with some pointers, any help would be greatly appreciated. I did create u-boot-orig.bin by just removing the trailing zeros on the bootloader dump, but didn't have any bigger luck booting anything in AML flash, if something else is needed just tell me :D
Also, I tried reading out usb_spl.bin at 0xd9000000 with update.exe but I don't know the length.

http://goo.gl/tfWSL

Edited by fldc, 01 January 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#24 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I happend to have a second tablet from the same batch with cyanogenmod installed, so i can't get the entire stock firmware, but here is a nanddump of bootloader and recovery.
So if someone is better at extracting the correct files from these than I am or helping out with some pointers, any help would be greatly appreciated. I did create u-boot-orig.bin by just removing the trailing zeros on the bootloader dump, but didn't have any bigger luck booting anything in AML flash, if something else is needed just tell me :D
Also, I tried reading out usb_spl.bin at 0xd9000000 with update.exe but I don't know the length.

http://goo.gl/tfWSL

Contact tigger-gg and she can talk you through getting everything we need. We also need some things for a batch 3 comp zip for the Crystal Clear ROM, so that would be super helpful.

Edited by fuser-invent, 03 January 2013 - 11:14 AM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#25 Santjaga

Santjaga

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hello. I have Ainol crystal 121208. Tried to flash stock rom, but when i rebooted it, I got black screen. No lights. My PC doesn't see any device M3 or M6.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

#26 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hello. I have Ainol crystal 121208. Tried to flash stock rom, but when i rebooted it, I got black screen. No lights. My PC doesn't see any device M3 or M6.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

All you can do is wait for a solution unless you troubleshoot it yourself. We're trying to get someone to make a nandroid backup and send it to us but no one has responded yet.

#27 tired old man 1

tired old man 1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

fuser, I ordred another unit from where I got the 121208 thats bricked, hopefully its batch is the same. If I google nandroid backup, might I find how to do a backup for you?

#28 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

fuser, I ordred another unit from where I got the 121208 thats bricked, hopefully its batch is the same. If I google nandroid backup, might I find how to do a backup for you?

Tigger-gg has an idea. I guess what you would need to do is extract the CWM (Clockwork Recovery) files to your external SD card, boot into CWM, make a nandroid backup, boot up the tablet, copy the nandroid backup to your computer, upload it somewhere and post a link to the file.

#29 tired old man 1

tired old man 1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Should be here this weekend, I'll try and learn how, or any is welcome to PM me on how.

#30 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hi there, I bought two Crystals, one for each of my sons and these arrived today.

Having managed to get CM10 working on my Fire ... I was unfortunately feeling way too clever and tried to do the same on one of my son's Crystals ... which is now bricked :-(

I am wondering (and please bear with me - while I am very computer literate, I am very new to this ...) if it is possible to do a backup from the working one and get it working on the bricked one?
Also ... can I get information from the going one that would be of use to anyone here?

The serial numbers on the two units are 20 numbers different so I would guess that they are both from that 3rd batch ...
Best give me really good instructions given what I have already managed to achieve today! :D

Fiona

#31 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Just checked another thread ... and confirmed that both of these are from the 3rd gen batch - now just got to wait to have this moderated so that it can be seen! :p

#32 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Just checked another thread ... and confirmed that both of these are from the 3rd gen batch - now just got to wait to have this moderated so that it can be seen! :p

moderated... have fun :yahoo:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#33 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

moderated... have fun :yahoo:

Thank you very much :-)
  • mrsburnout likes this

#34 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hi friends
Yesterday I received two Ainol crystal with 1119 firmware of stock.
two worked well.

is a Batch 3 121208G16954

I wanted to put the ROM soulgem and the zip in sdcard.No remembered that at that had a firmware Ainol HERO in sdcard .put a sdcard in the crystal and to start with volume - and power appeared android robot, went out and I could not return to the boot anymore.Always Black screen !!!! on a PC does not recognize nothing . Im desperate and not to do.

The oter Ainol Crystal is originally with 1119 (work fine ,becasuse idont touch XD )

Help please!!!!!!

If i can help with any backup or something ..... i dont know how

Edited by albertetsbd, 04 January 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#35 menloudnet

menloudnet

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

hi,please help me am stuck at desperately,i have done this procedure 20x with no luck still stuck at 78%
My tablet details:
Device manager is M6-chip.
Number on the back is 121008G02907
i get this error message:
current pc version is: win7
-----importUpgradeFile-----filenameD:\Njogu Stuff\ainol\AML FLASH\AML FLASH\AMLFLASH.zip
[T 1][18:02:59]: load spl ...
[T 1][18:03:00]: Transfer Complete! total size is 18456 Bytes
[T 1][18:03:09]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:10]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:11]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:12]: load uboot ...
[18:03:13]: ---------call System reinstall driver------------
[T 1][18:03:13]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:14]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:15]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:16]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:17]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:19]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:20]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:21]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:22]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:23]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:24]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:25]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:26]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:27]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:28]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:29]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:30]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:03:30]: load uboot failed 15 times,maybe because the spl code run err
[T 1][18:03:32]: failed because no connected device ,current step is 1

[18:03:59]: ---------call System reinstall driver------------
[T 3][18:07:14]: load command: setenv recovery_command --usb_burning
[T 3][18:07:15]: command exec:cmd_in_mem 0x82000000
[T 3][18:07:16]: command exec:save
[T 3][18:07:17]: load uimage ...
[T 3][18:07:18]: Transfer Complete! total size is 4002649 Bytes
[T 3][18:07:24]: test command exec: crc 0x82000000 4002649 bd77e8c3
[T 3][18:07:24]: command exec: crc 0x82000000 4002649 bd77e8c3
[T 3][18:07:24]: sendCommandWithReply: crc 0x82000000 4002649 bd77e8c3 maxCount:30
[T 3][18:07:25]: command exec:bootm 0x82000000
[T 3][18:07:27]: boot uImage ...
[T 3][18:08:02]: cannot find disk!
[T 3][18:08:03]: failed because no connected device ,current step is 18

What am i doing wrong? Kindly but urgently help me i have attached the SCREEN SHOTSAttached File  steps continued.pdf   447.13KB   70 downloads,Attached File  steps continued.pdf   447.13KB   70 downloads

Attached Files

#36 kasch

kasch

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hi

GREAT TUTORIAL BTW very helpful :)

I have few ainol mars that are bricked....the only +ve is when i prepare a recovery card with usbit (USB IMAGE TOOL) the mars actually start flashing with that TF card inserted and power button pressed.
msg on flashing screen is

"upgrade step1!Do not Power off!"

this continues till battery dies (i guess)

I think it is the file structure and or commands in the "aml_autoscript" and the "factory_update_param.aml" i tried to change "factory_update_param.aml" with the commands in order of

--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
--update_package=/sdcard/*****.zip

no luck as yet

Please help

#37 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi

GREAT TUTORIAL BTW very helpful :)

I have few ainol mars that are bricked....the only +ve is when i prepare a recovery card with usbit (USB IMAGE TOOL) the mars actually start flashing with that TF card inserted and power button pressed.
msg on flashing screen is

"upgrade step1!Do not Power off!"

this continues till battery dies (i guess)

I think it is the file structure and or commands in the "aml_autoscript" and the "factory_update_param.aml" i tried to change "factory_update_param.aml" with the commands in order of

--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
--update_package=/sdcard/*****.zip

no luck as yet

Please help

What firmware are you trying to flash on your Mars? I took a peak over in your subforum and it doesn't look like there is any official firmware or recovery images posted there.

#38 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Updated the original post. More to come in the next few days/weeks.

#39 jayswalnirav

jayswalnirav

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

HI fuser-invent

-I have a crystal in working condition(1st batch)with 1109 ROM(with other ROM Battry charging Malfunctioning)
-Please tell me the steps to clear NAND for fresh installation of compatible ROM

Regards,
I love Crystal Clear ROM BY Fuser-Invent

#40 menloudnet

menloudnet

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Please someone come to my rescue,still not able to wake my crystal.where am i going wrong?some good person in this forum to assist me..pleease