Photo

How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet - v2.0

• Please log in to reply
815 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this thread helped you unbrick your device? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you able to unbrick your device?

1. Yes, from a "soft" brick (20 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

2. Yes, from a "hard" brick (24 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Yes, from a "deep" brick (29 votes [26.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.85%

4. No, I was unable to unbrick my device (35 votes [32.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Are you doing the nand erase? I did an unbricking today and it stopped at 8%. I tried to do a nand erase and it did the same thing when I held down the power and home buttons. If I held down the power and vol- buttons to start it, then it worked to 100% but the next time I tried that didn't work and I had to hold down the power and home buttons to do that and to start the firmware flashing process.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#182 BendiZ

BendiZ

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

yes erease nand 3 times. What should I pay attention to?
what zip must i use for the erease.

i start every with pow and vol-. i test it now wit power and home.

#183 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

yes erease nand 3 times. What should I pay attention to?
what zip must i use for the erease.

i start every with pow and vol-. i test it now wit power and home.

There is a check box for the NAND erase in the software. There seems to be a difference between the different modes that the software enters depending on which button combos you use. Hopefully power and home will work better for you.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#184 BendiZ

BendiZ

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

nothing works. i know theres i a checkbox ^^

but i test it now with power and home, but nothing..
it may well be that my tablet is to new?

i buy this tablet at 01.02.13

maybe a new version?

#185 Jote

Jote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I managed to unbrick my Crystal.

I never got past 8% on my first(30+) attempts but I still tried the SD card as Tigger-gg had found that progress to 8% is "enough". I kept switching USB-ports and USB3.0 port (Asmedia controller) on Asus GENE-Z installed new "worldcup device". Before it installed M6-chip but i'm almost sure that i saw M3 on installation window that time. I still didn't get past 8% and only thing that seemed different was that Burning tool reported that it had wrote ~500000 bytes instead of ~148000 that it had transferred before and last report from Burning tool was "current step is 2".
After this the tablet booted from SD card and installation worked automatically as it was meant. I used "1212_AML_burn_recovery.zip" when i succeeded.

EDIT: Forgot to mention about Windows 8. Win 8 seemed to start two parallel operations with Burning tool on two differrent ports and delay between processes was few seconds. I have no idea if Burning tool is actually overwriting data that it had just written but I had no confidence on Win 8 (with this matter).
http://www.windows7h...r-in-windows-8/
Stock Win 8 does not accept unsigned drivers so little effort is required to make it accept them.

Edited by Jote, 14 February 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#186 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I never got past 8% on my first(30+) attempts but I still tried the SD card as Tigger-gg had found that progress to 8% is "enough".

So we have a new method here... :clapping:

#187 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

So we have a new method here... :clapping:

It is´nt new :p ;) because

I never got past 8% on my first(30+) attempts but I still tried the SD card as Tigger-gg had found

Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#188 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

yes, great! :good:
but for me it was new...
I have missed the post where you said it..

So, run USB burn tool without any update/patch and then try if some of those "softer" methods work..
Could it be that simple?

Edited by cxz, 14 February 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#189 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

That's my bad because I just haven't had the time to update this thread. I'm so far behind on my development hobby here. The deal is pretty much that, as long as you can get past the point where it writes u-boot, you should be able to use the SD method to complete the process. In most cases at least.

#190 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I hope this is where to ask this, please if someone removed the brick to the crystal Ainol tablet twice sn130108g23800 please tell me as to what made ​​the two time I tried all the steps in the guide and this 2 time I have not worked either, thanks a greeting.

#191 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I hope this is where to ask this, please if someone removed the brick to the crystal Ainol tablet twice sn130108g23800 please tell me as to what made ​​the two time I tried all the steps in the guide and this 2 time I have not worked either, thanks a greeting.

Just so other people everyone knows where ferchyfer is at, this is his report:

Hello again everyone, there is 2 tablet once crystal brick, now lot 1, use usb recovery when it reaches one hundred percent in device manager recognizes as "nexus", and now comes my big question that is driving me crazy I tried using "elf 0527.img, rescue.img fire, crystal batch 1 rescue.img" is now supposed to move to the micro sd card, then put the sd in the tablet pulse - + on and would have to turn but this does not happen, someone can tell me how to fix it, thanks a greeting.

So as far as I understand it the tablet made it through 100% with the AML software but she/he is having trouble with the SD card method to complete it. If the AML method was a completed I believe that means the tablet would need the batch 2 recovery. I mentioned that it is the power and vol- buttons that are used to auto-flash it. Also mentioned that if the none of the images used are working, try using the elf2 image and then deleting the files on the sd card and placing the ones from the 1119 rescue image on instead. If anyone else can jump in to help, please do, as I don't speak his/her language and there seems to be some major google translate issues here. Thanks everyone!

#192 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

good at all if someone solved brick for the second time, please tell me as to what I've actually used "burg 1212_aml recovery" "aml flash" and "fire official aml 0921" all get stuck at 8 percent, I sd and tried the method does not work, (the first time you remove the brick fire official use aml 0921 and several attempts despueste hundred percent came and began to charge the tablet after the ignition, METI data Ainol sd and it worked but this second time nothing happens this) thanks a greeting.

#193 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

by the way I also tried with usb recovery if it comes with one hundred and then in device manager recognizes me as nexus then I used cm_103 but neither has worked for me someone has a solution.

#194 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

por cierto soy español si algun español lo soluciono que me diga como gracias

#195 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I would suggest that if someone speaks Spanish they should PM ferchyfer or do a translate document like other have done for Russian.

ferchyfer, I am sorry but I still can't really understand. Perhaps it is an SD card format problem and you can use SD Formatterwith the "FULL (Overwrite)" setting to reformat your SD card.

#196 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have two cards I tested with both and I can not boot the tablet one is 1 gb and a 16 gb, and use the program as sd formater put in your guide anyway thanks for your help greetings.

#197 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

please someone who has time and know how to do it there if you can make a video thanks sd Method Guide.

#198 Jote

Jote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Ferchyfer:
You need to understand that Google translate does not make you understandable. You write a lot and it's almost like spam.

Use dashes(-) to make a list and tell every step that you have completed and be specific about the problem. Use short sentences.

#199 enhydra

enhydra

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

The deal is pretty much that, as long as you can get past the point where it writes u-boot, you should be able to use the SD method to complete the process.

Thank you for your hard work. I really appreciate what you have done and what you probably will do. ;-)

I was able to load the u-boot on the tablet (8%). But as I try to insert the SD card, nothing seems to work. When I have pluged the tablet into the PC there is no recognition any more. If I remove the SD card the tablet shows up again. Is there something I can do?

#200 ferchyfer

ferchyfer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

1º time is 2 brick tablet.
2º the first time with fire_official_0928_aml fix it after many attempts I get a hundred percent, the tablet was loaded and could ignite
3ª This time I have tried all the methods, but presumably 1212_aml_burg_recovery now I have to use (it's 8 percent)
4º I used sd formater with 1GB SD
5º img I loaded with tools on the sd elf2_0527
6º I put the sd in the tablet
7º Pulse power button + volume -
8º supposed to now had to turn the tablet but this does not happen
forgive the language but I am Spanish and my English is very bad thanks greetings.