43 replies to this topic

#21 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

First custom. [ROM] Decontaminated V3.0

Gona try it as soon as i have some free time!

Aynbody tried it?

#22 skawars86

skawars86

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

It happened even to me one time.
Just open it and push down the screen, it should work

Thanks, but how do I open it up? Tried running a credit card around the edges but not all of them pop open.

#23 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

any wii usb adaptor that works with this pipo?

that looks to be easier than the wifi fix...all u need is to plug and enjoy wifi!!

#24 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

anybody tried the firmware?

#25 Pyronius

Pyronius

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Having trouble getting the 3G working on my new M3. Just updated the firmware, thought that might help, but it still can't seem to detect my sim card. Anyone know if it needs to be a micro sim card, or another size, to fit, because it doesn't seem to sit flush in the slot as a full size card... Any ideas or suggestions?

#26 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Having trouble getting the 3G working on my new M3. Just updated the firmware, thought that might help, but it still can't seem to detect my sim card. Anyone know if it needs to be a micro sim card, or another size, to fit, because it doesn't seem to sit flush in the slot as a full size card... Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm using a standard sim card without any problem

A NEW official FIRMWARE CAME OUT LATELY:
http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=About&a=gujian_show&id=77

can someone upload it to a different source please?

#27 Pyronius

Pyronius

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm using a standard sim card without any problem

Worked out which way it goes in from an old video of the M2's 3G modem, discovered that the mechanism in the modem was just bit stiff, though it seems to be loosening up the more I use it. Been running the M3 with updated firmware for about a week now without any other problems to speak of. It's testing high in Antutu, finding most apps in Google store, and running smoothly. Love it. :)

#28 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Worked out which way it goes in from an old video of the M2's 3G modem, discovered that the mechanism in the modem was just bit stiff, though it seems to be loosening up the more I use it. Been running the M3 with updated firmware for about a week now without any other problems to speak of. It's testing high in Antutu, finding most apps in Google store, and running smoothly. Love it. :)

did you notice any changes with the new firmware?

#29 Pyronius

Pyronius

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

did you notice any changes with the new firmware?

Truthfully, I flashed Pipo's updated firmware the day that I got it, so I don't really have a comparison. I can happily report, however, that I have suffered none of the reported glitches or problems I've read about on the forums, no SD card problems, no touchscreen problems, no serious WiFi connectivity problems (knock on wood). I have had the apps on my SD card drop from the launcher once or twice, after some serious downloading and data transfer, but nothing a system shut down and reset couldn't fix. I understand people's trepidation about investing in a tablet with reported issues, but I will say that the M3's pretty nifty when you get it going, and seems to be compatible with most apps and games I run on it.

#30 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I agree as well, I just got mine a couple of days ago so that isn't really a long time to properly review it, however so far I'm very impressed with what I have. I've yet to try it on one of the big SD cards which seem to be the ones people have trouble with, however. The WiFi however is not that great, I do experience disconnects every now & then if I'm in another room from the router, but these issues have already been reported and there is a fix I intend to try later.

I've tried decontaminated & the new firmware and they both seem to work fine, installation process was pretty straight forward, I've yet to test 3G however. Some sites are reporting that there is a hidden feature on jelly bean, multi-user support. I've been unable to activate it yet with either firmwares.

#31 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Actually using either firmwares I haven't been able to root the tablet, has anyone been able to root theirs with the method above ?

#32 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Actually using either firmwares I haven't been able to root the tablet, has anyone been able to root theirs with the method above ?

it worked on mine

#33 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

nevermind, I'm an idiot. Forgot to re-enable USB debugging after the new firmwares :rolleyes:

#34 keteflips

keteflips

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm going crazy trying to identify the PCB version of my tablet.

Is it safe to identify only with the serial number of the tablet?

#35 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I believe that number is modifiable from the build.prop, so I guess no.

#36 keteflips

keteflips

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I believe that number is modifiable from the build.prop, so I guess no.

LOL no, the serial numbre its in the back of the tablet :D

#37 pipom33guser

pipom33guser

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Hi! I accidentally rooted my Pipo M3 3G version using the rooting program for M3, so far everything works find but only one is missing... the 3G. as i noticed the 3G icon at the XMB of my tablet was gone. Programs and Wifi still working. I wanna ask if anyone here already rooted the m3 3G version? thanks! and cheers!

#38 bmamo

bmamo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi, Anyone has an idea why the tab always reboots to CWM, even after i installed the Decontaminated rom?

#39 1772Hart

1772Hart

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows if I can use this tablet as an external monitor? Ive read articles that say you can and some that say you cant.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

#40 TBhaggs

TBhaggs

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Has anyone has any problems with the camera not working? I have installed the new firmware, but when I try to access the camera it says "unfortunately, camera has stopped"

Any hints??

Thanks,

~TBhaggs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users